Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Site back up

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:39 pm

There was some delay and the domain had to be maunually re-registered or some shit, so we were offline for a couple days there. Everything should be back to normal now.
ImageImage

Parvatii

The Red God

Site back up

Post by Parvatii on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Woo-hoo, it's party time! :pirate: :robbiehead: :squid: :nom:

Love you SHC.... :flauros:

:hbd
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Site back up

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Ha, I was getting a little worried.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Site back up

Post by PinentidHead on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Shit happens, even a SH game canceled...

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Site back up

Post by clips7 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:39 am

Otherworld wrote:Ha, I was getting a little worried.

Same.....i told those idiots in Russia to hack the servers of "Hillary and Bill"....not "Silent Hill Community".....*sigh*.... :shrug ...... :D
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Gauss

Site back up

Post by Gauss on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:21 am

Glad this is back up. You know someone was going to be like first SILENT HILLS now SHC. Thanks, Konami.
There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Site back up

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:14 am

clips7 wrote:
Otherworld wrote:Ha, I was getting a little worried.

Same.....i told those idiots in Russia to hack the servers of "Hillary and Bill"....not "Silent Hill Community".....*sigh*.... :shrug ...... :D

Tabris

Site back up

Post by Tabris on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 pm

This gave me flashbacks of an ancient Silent Hill forum I used to be part of that suddenly disappeared over night and never came back.

I was just like, "noooo not again."

Very happy to see the forum back ~

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Site back up

Post by Oohfakanorus on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Tabris wrote:This gave me flashbacks of an ancient Silent Hill forum I used to be part of that suddenly disappeared over night and never came back.

Aww, I miss HellDescent too!

And YES! Site is back! It took a couple of days to load up for me. But here it is!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Site back up

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:17 pm

could've been your cookies, also. or the DNS took a while to propagate everywhere.
ImageImage

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Site back up

Post by PinentidHead on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:57 pm

As ocasional member, I didn't know about, probably I didn't try to get in when it was down. DNS propagates fast, I did register a new name past week and it was matter of minutes to have the right IP. What happens sometimes, specially in USA, is the huge amount of bots and other disturbing things spying servers around. The genius guys that did the Internet project has made it in a way that than more it grown up, than more efficient and stable it becomes, they just didn't imagine FBI, CIA, NSA and even Russia messing around.

And I am afraid will be worst with more interventionist government of Trump. You know, just because I typed Trump, they will probably come here to read this (please don't drop us down sr., we are harmless). In fact, maybe if I type tree times, somebody will knock on my door... better don't...

Tabris

Site back up

Post by Tabris on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:08 am

Oohfakanorus wrote:
Tabris wrote:This gave me flashbacks of an ancient Silent Hill forum I used to be part of that suddenly disappeared over night and never came back.

Aww, I miss HellDescent too!

Actually, it wasn't Hell Descent. It was the old school SHF that died out of nowhere as well. Community at the time was still reasonably lively at the time too.

Though I think I was a member of Hell Descent as well? Can't honestly remember anymore.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Site back up

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:19 am

Yeah, it happens. =[

I was on the shf.co.uk one and helldescent, same username most of the time.
ImageImage

Tabris

Site back up

Post by Tabris on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 am

nur_ein_tier wrote:Yeah, it happens. =[

I was on the shf.co.uk one and helldescent, same username most of the time.

Yea that was the SHF! I had a ton of fun on that one. Hell, one of my best friends to this day I met on there back in 2001.

I've used Tabris for all the forums I've been on. I was/am a member of a few other Silent Hill forums, so I'm pretty sure Hell Descent was one of them.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Site back up

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:37 am

Indeed.

Lots of people there. One time I was in a German class in college, and mentioned being on a Silent Hill forum, and it turned out one of my classmates was also on the UK one.
ImageImage

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Site back up

Post by clips7 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 am

Ahhhh..good 'ol Helldescent. I still remember being part of the group that voted to change the look of the original Alex. (the devs of homecoming asked forum members to decide on which Alex to choose from) early models had Alex looking like an older guy and alot of us at the time wasn't feelin' it.

So the majority of us voted to change the look to more younger/ better looking Alex we have seen in the game itself. Those guys interacted heavily with members on that site seeking honest and sincere insight on the game. It was just sad that when certain members became somewhat hostile towards dev's during the development of SH BOM was when the site went downhill....death threats over a game?...really?....some folks needed to step away from their pc and get a life....
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Tabris

Site back up

Post by Tabris on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 am

^^ Every time I've seen devs get involved in a Silent Hill game on any of the forums, it ended that way. Every single goddamn time it somehow came to death threats and people acting like idiots.

It'd always start cool and end with them having to typically back off due to that shit. So dumb hah.

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Site back up

Post by Ratiocinator on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:45 pm

Silent Hill Forum UK (SHFUK) at silenthillforum.co.uk which was the unofficial competition to SHHF at silenthillforum.com. :)

1stepbeyond was the forum's admin and, I don't know if you remember me there, but my username was "PyramidHead" (no spaces) and was a moderator for the SH2 and a few other sections on the UK boards. Registered in early 2001 some time...

I even designed the theme for the SH2 section on those boards! I also intimately remember talking about the then-upcoming SH3 and theorizing over the very, very few promotional shots that came out around the time.

Really miss those times. And I felt somewhat betrayed when "steppy" just quickly and quietly closed the forums.

EDIT: Oh and while I can't remember her name, she popularized the "banhammer" word there by drawing a female RPT with a giant ban hammer. (I think her name was MissPH or MissyPH or something like that.)

Tabris

Site back up

Post by Tabris on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:36 am

SHFUK will always be one of my favorite places on the interwebs. It's one of the most nostalgic places I can think of.

And prettttty sure I remember you. And I definitely remember MissPH and the banhammer thing hah.

I joined up not long after Silent Hill 2 came out in 2001. I beat the game, basically went 'lol wtf' and went looking for answers and it led me there. I lurked for a bit and ended up joining in. Met a lot of damn cool people there.

A lot of people felt kind of betrayed as you said when the forum just suddenly died. It was so fucking lame, especially since the community was still pretty alive and loyal to the forum at the time.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Site back up

Post by Oohfakanorus on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am

If I ran a Silent Hill forum, I'd never pull the plug!
I'm good humoured enough to make light of the fact Silent Hill seriously lost out to current AAA titles, but it has still enough to have dedicated web forums for.
AND, I wouldn't hijack every thread to go on about circumcisions!! :lol:
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Return to Silent Hill Community