Johnny_Doe

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by Johnny_Doe on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:47 pm

I was messing with Texmod and nGlide lately, trying to figure out what textures are used for environment in Silent Hill Cafe. I used Next 3D 1.5 plugin to see the textures placement and thought it can be useful for checking what texture palette is used for particular part of geometry.

HunT

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by HunT on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:43 am

As for something I just tried tonight, as practice of course, I tried to recreate the beta images you showed us, Giromancy.
The one on the left, I like the way they both look though.

I'm mostly a paper and pixel artist, and I'm extremely new to 3D. (I'd like to make a 3D game someday.)
Recently I bought a program just for people who work in tilesets, which I have before, but not often.
It's called Crocotile3D, and I highly recommend it, despite my troubles getting used to it.
http://crocotile3d.com/ (There is a free trial and the full version is $10.)

These are the textures I took from your original post, Giro.
I don't know which one this is, but they are all pretty similar, if I look at all of them together again, I could probably spot the differences, but that's not the point of this,I'm just testing out my ability to use 3D programs.

I'll show all of you the results... which are nowhere near any actual, properly shaped model.
(Plus, it's just a... head?)
These are just some in-program screencaptures I took from different angles
and with different viewing modes active.

So yeah, I'm horrible at 3D modeling. But maybe one day I'll be able to do it, who knows. :lol:

What do you all think?
(Also, is this the right thread to talk about this? or, should I have created a new one?)

EDIT: Alrighty, Purramid, this should help. I switched from using twitter to using imgur for this post.
Sorry about that. ;)
Last edited by HunT on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:56 pm.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am

I can't see your images. They're blank/broken.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

dpaint

Unity dev

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by dpaint on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi I just thought I'd delurk and say thanks for providing the insights and patches to this classic game!

I tried out @MartinBiohazard's ppf beta monster patches for Silent Hill NTSC-J (SLPM-86192) and can confirm it works for me on the first scenario, cannot confirm it for the whole game as I'm busy playing my retail version first for nostalgia :-)

I would like to see the authors here posting MD5 sums of the disc images before and after modding and the SHA of the files being released to make sure the disc image stays the same and the .ppfs and patches they release have been downloaded intact.

For example I got an MD5 of 17fb115b01d33554e03d99b247e78eb2 after applying Martins two ppfs to my SLPM-86192 cue can I confirm this is correct? thanks

MartinBiohazard

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by MartinBiohazard on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:43 pm

dpaint wrote:Hi I just thought I'd delurk and say thanks for providing the insights and patches to this classic game!

I tried out @MartinBiohazard's ppf beta monster patches for Silent Hill NTSC-J (SLPM-86192) and can confirm it works for me on the first scenario, cannot confirm it for the whole game as I'm busy playing my retail version first for nostalgia :-)

I would like to see the authors here posting MD5 sums of the disc images before and after modding and the SHA of the files being released to make sure the disc image stays the same and the .ppfs and patches they release have been downloaded intact.

For example I got an MD5 of 17fb115b01d33554e03d99b247e78eb2 after applying Martins two ppfs to my SLPM-86192 cue can I confirm this is correct? thanks

These are the MD5 of the ISOS I used to create the patchs:

Silent Hill (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).bin
980EAEF02B5D8476964D9D37FFAA01CC

Silent Hill (Japan).bin
80857933CF486D0B74EBF61E9D3D6951

Silent Hill (USA) (v1.1).bin
B52500EEA7D7D04A6A81B0EFE88955E1

Note: both the three ISOS are the re-dump ones.

If you have those ISOS I assure you will be able to apply the patchs correctly. ;)

Greetings.

dpaint

Unity dev

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by dpaint on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks for posting the info. With patched betas etc. I was thinking of adopting the TOSEC Naming Convention for my own retro collections, [Beta Censored Enemies Restored] going in the more info field (!)

http://www.tosecdev.org/index.php/tosec ... onvention/

Nocturne

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by Nocturne on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:47 pm

It is normal the "larval starlker" not disapear but just freeze all black textured? Any solution for that? I would love keep it visible but disappear at the end like the final version... How can i do that, anyone can help me?

EDIT: The real question is: What i need edit/change in the OPM .ILM file...

Thanks

PaulSilentin

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by PaulSilentin on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Nocturne wrote:Any solution for that?
Nope, because source code of the game is not available.

Nisto

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by Nisto on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:35 am

PaulSilentin wrote:>PSF
Will be awesome! I was always wondering why SH doesn't have it in the PSF library.
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10793

In case you (or anyone else here) are still interested, I finished ripping doing a PSF rip last night. You can get the rip and some more info here: http://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showt ... 3&lastpage

MartinBiohazard

Beta Monsters Textures

Post by MartinBiohazard on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Nisto wrote:In case you (or anyone else here) are still interested, I finished ripping doing a PSF rip last night. You can get the rip and some more info here: http://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showt ... 3&lastpage

Wow!! finally there's a PSF set for Silent Hill 1!! Thanks you very much for this!! I will really enjoy this jewel. :)

Greetings.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill