Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 am

Regarding those rumours, Konami wouldn't discuss the Silent Hills project specifically, but said: "We will continue to develop the Silent Hill series."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konami ... 0-6426908/
http://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-h ... 1700379816

Q&A from Konami

Why has the image of Norman Reedus disappeared from the official website?
This is because our contract period with him has expired.
Why is “P.T.” no longer available on Playstation Network?
Because the distribution period has expired.
What will happen with regard to “SILENT HILL”?
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop the “SILENT HILL” series.
What will happen with regard to “P.T.”?
P.T. was purely created to be a playable teaser for “SILENT HILL.”
What do you mean by “playable teaser”?
The playable teaser was a trial edition of “SILENT HILLS” intended to give players an idea of the game concept.
ImageImageImage

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 am

Other than the fact that Reedus' contract period has expired we are still in the dark as far as SHs is concerned ...

Because "We will continue to develop the Silent Hill series." means very little especially when they specifically leave the name of the game, 'Silent Hills" completely out of it.

And for all intents and purposes " Silent Hills " is dead ...... No Kojima, No Reedus,

Konami may be planning something with the franchise, but the vision that was brought forth initially looks like what we see below .....

Last edited by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 am.

Lain

Post by Lain on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 am

The fact they don't refute any claims regarding Silent Hills, and let Reedus go...

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's pretty much a wrap for Silent Hills. Back to our regularly scheduled outsourced programming.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:06 am

Well, though they don't say anything, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it'll be a different and unrelated game. WTF happened with Kojima anyway? He left (was not fired)? And Reedus' contract is up. And del Toro's greasy heart is broken. So I'm assuming that it can't possibly be made as intended without Kojima and Reedus' character would have to be changed anyway (couldn't be his likeness anymore, I'd imagine). Assuming del Toro probably isn't on anymore either, but if so, at least he had the good sense to say "you'll have to ask Konami."

But again, since the whole thing was all hype and we had no info on the game at all, I can't say I'm disappointed. I just hope they find people who can make a game and that they learn from this mistake and actually give people info and let the game stand on its own, rather than hoping people will stay interested because of the famous names attached to it. If SHs doesn't happen, that's fine with me. Sick of the stupid bullshit associated with it, sick of the Kojima fanboys, sick of the hype, sick of us having no info about the game, etc.
ImageImageImage

Lain

Post by Lain on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:12 am

Well, the thing I'm sick of is the Silent Hill series being treated like shit. So yeah, I am severely disappointed by this.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 am

Yeah, that's the only thing I liked about big names being involved: more publicity, mo' money, mo' problems, etc. But they majorly fucked it up by how the whole thing was done. It's like a lesson in what not to do when trying to make and promote a game.
ImageImageImage

Lain

Post by Lain on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:29 am

Is the lesson "don't bother if Konami's your publisher"? If so, I concur.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:47 am

I was like, " finally !!!! " when the game was announced as it seemed like this franchise was finally being pulled out of the depths of hell ..... but I was fooled as it seems that nothing has changed as far as the mistreatment of this franchise ...

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:50 am

What did you guys expect? Konami screwed over previous developers as well.

The biggest mindscrew for me is why the hell do they say that they'll continue making SH games etc. but why are they removing P.T. and changing people involved with the newest game then (If it's correct that it's not cancelled like sources say)?

Isn't that just a giant waste of time and money? Do they realize they're pissing people off?

Also, when are site problems gonna be fixed? That's the only reason I'm not so active lately.

Rhysan

Post by Rhysan on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 am

devil hunter wrote:What did you guys expect? Konami screwed over previous developers as well.

The biggest mindscrew for me is why the hell do they say that they'll continue making SH games etc. but why are they removing P.T. and changing people involved with the newest game then (If it's correct that it's not cancelled like sources say)?

Isn't that just a giant waste of time and money? Do they realize they're pissing people off?

With how immature Konami are being lately I would assume they're removing PT and hoping we all magically forget about it. Basically brushing this whole mess under the carpet instead of communicating with fans and explaining what's going on.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 am

Rhysan wrote:
devil hunter wrote:What did you guys expect? Konami screwed over previous developers as well.

With how immature Konami are being lately I would assume they're removing PT and hoping we all magically forget about it. Basically brushing this whole mess under the carpet instead of communicating with fans and explaining what's going on.

Basically ...... Konami doesn't give a shit ...... That's it in a nutshell .....

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:23 am

Konami have done everything they can to drag this series down. They really don't care about it at all. For fucks sake, just sell it to some big name who would want it. I'm sure Sony would pay up big for it.

But no. Instead theyll probably just continue outsourcing it to the lowest bidder. Buggy and broken games. Poorly written stories. Nothing has changed.

Except...I can't shake this feeling that Kojima is playing some huge prank. I just can't shake that feeling that this is all some glorious social experiment. It's a meta-fear, taking the horror and moving it to the real world.

And I find it suspicious that Del Toro said "breaks my greasy heart" and Norman had a pizza emoticon at the end of his tweet that seemed stupidly out of place. Greasy pizza connection? Eddie?
Last edited by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 am.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 am

devil hunter wrote:Also, when are site problems gonna be fixed? That's the only reason I'm not so active lately.

What site problems? I have tried logging out, etc. and haven't experienced any problems. Nothing has been changed with the site coding in over a year, so if it just showed up, it's not something I did on my end. So if I did not fix anything, it's because I'm not aware of anything that needs fixing, as it looks like only 2 or 3 people have had any problems. I have not been able to find any problems looking at the cpanel or testing it on various devices and different browsers. There is nothing in the error logs except for some "page not found"s.
ImageImageImage

PMS_Akali

Post by PMS_Akali on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 am

I think that was big thing with Kojima's name. More than just a possibly good Silent Hill game, it meant that Konami actually cared about the Silent Hill ip again. Something they haven't done for a very long time. This just confirms Konami would rather bury it.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:40 am

^I thought Kojima left (rather than was fired)? If so, how would that say anything about Konami's level of caring? Wouldn't that mean it was Kojima who [also] no longer cared?

Pardon me for having no clue about Kojima, but I thought they said something against the Donna Burke comment about him being fired (or it was retracted or something)? I looked it up and it said Burke retracted that statement.
ImageImageImage

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

Kojima's status was changed from an executive to a contractor .....

ZBrush

Are you sure the only you is you?

Post by ZBrush on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 am

I can't forget this :roll: This is a huge paradox:

Konami wants Hideo Kojima to make a Silent Hill game:
"In the past I've mentioned Silent Hill in interviews, and as a result of that the president of Konami rung me up and said he'd like me to make the next Silent Hill," Kojima said
E3 1998: the world was introduced to Silent Hill.
Gamescom 2014: the world was re-introduced to Silent Hill.
27 April 2015: Silent Hills was hidden by Konami.

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:10 am

It's funny how PT will still be talked about For years. Oh Konami.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 am

There was a POST here, but it's gone now.
Last edited by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:42 am.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 am

Dunno why anyone would ask Guy Cihi (because he wasn't involved) but here is a quote from him anyway, suggesting it was Kojima who "set the budget too high" and was "misguided" in "chasing WD fans." I kind of agree with that last part. No other reason to have Reedus involved.
ImageImageImage

Next

Return to PT/Silent Hills