AlchemillaHsospital

Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Annin_Tofu

Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

On other forums, I notice that so many people are going crazy about Bloober Team being the group to revive the franchise, besides the other indie teams we know little about yet. Repeating the same complaints, essentially. :sick:

I say we give Bloober Team a chance. The amount of ungrateful fans in the gaming community sometimes. It's madness. :mrgreen:

I know they will never topple the original. And to that, I say that the original will always be there. So if it fails, so be it. But this looks like it's being done with passion. It maybe ain't perfect. But I mean, it's very hard to recreate the same masterpiece twice anyway.

I am happy with the RE4 remake as well. The amount of care going into it has impressed me, and I must say, I didn't care much for the original after so many years of action oriented, unscary titles. I didn't really like the other remakes, besides the first one being flawless, but this looks better.

Some people are not happy about how the guns work. Meh. So you wanna be JCVD and doing roundhouse kicks forever, huh? :pirate:

Wait until you play the game, or games. Maybe it will make sense. It's supposed to be a more survival horror focused reimagining. But I like that move, personally.
Otherworld

Re: Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Post by Otherworld »

I have played the following made by Bloober Team.

The Medium
Blair Witch
Observer
Layers of Fear

These games are all solid entries and I don't see what the issue is with this team's work. Silent Hill 2 is what it is because of its narrative, symbolism, and storytelling style. If they pay homage to that this game will be just fine.
Since it seems like Bloober has been working on this remake for a while we are probably going to see a lot more of the game soon.

In regards to RE4, I liked what I saw from there as well. It looks A LOT darker, and in typical RE4 fashion, you can now parry a chainsaw with a hunting knife. lol.

IMO we have the 2 greatest games ever made being remade for the current gen.

Good times for me!!!
I'm going to town either way.
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Thegamingmuse provides a pretty solid reasoning as to why fans should be more optimistic than pessimistic
https://youtu.be/L8JQf6FW4Vg
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Good listening material for my one hour walk down to my family's house. :pirate:

LOL.
firecrest

Post by firecrest »

In addition to giving someone a chance, I think it's important to give them a second chance if they didn't get certain things right the first time. People learn from their mistakes, and with the right motivation, they'll want to do better. If the gut-reaction is to find someone else, all that knowledge would be lost.

Best of luck to Bloober Team, and don't be too scared to make mistakes.
Scarlett.

Post by Scarlett. »

I feel people are a little unfair to Bloober as a whole, they have had some missteps, but as a whole, the whole studio is pretty decent and has consistently improved with each game. I also think having Konami as a guiding hand will help them a lot
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I got tired of the Hasan jokes on NeoGAF. It was established that he wasn't Hideo Kojima.

It's like telling a bad "Knock, knock, who's there?" joke with no punchline. :geek:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

rodox_head wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:45 pm Thegamingmuse provides pretty solid reasoning as to why fans should be more optimistic than pessimistic
https://youtu.be/L8JQf6FW4Vg
I always liked Thegamingmuse's take on all things Silent Hill. I have the same thoughts about this remake with Bloober at the helm that Thegamingmuse does. This fanbase is just so used to being pessimistic rather than optimistic. It might be impossible for a lot of them.

I am looking forward to this. I have played many of the Bloober titles and giving them this already deep, moving, and riveting narrative to a developer that can nail the visuals seems like a chance at them knocking this one out of the park.

Only time will tell.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

I am too old for this, sadly. Is not about deserves or not, but about how are the conditionings. It seems to me, the conditions for this remake are good - but we can't see all things involved. I have seen many analysis about games that got everything to be spectacular, and... well... in the words of the guy - I thought I knew all, but I did not.

If I am betting in this game? Yeah, I will support my hope with what we got: a developer company with good titles already, experienced team, a lot of willing to do the right team, a good timing with PS5 in the top, and the bless of Konami. What can go wrong? Like SH Revolutions, almost everything... :robbie:

But that's our fate, guys, isn't it?
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

What is the alternative?

Would we rather have Silent Hill die?