AlchemillaHsospital

Silent Hill Transmission livestream discussion

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
admin
Site Admin

Silent Hill Transmission livestream discussion

Post by admin »

https://youtu.be/zjeFeZly8ho?t=3525

What say you about the thing on IGN's channel?

My reaction thing here:
https://youtu.be/nwDC7uf51CM
(I made notes while watching and mumbled for 14 minutes or so about it)

I think we should start behaving better as fans in general is all.
AlexiusCorvinus

Re: Silent Hill Transmission livestream discussion

Post by AlexiusCorvinus »

I know this won’t be a 1:1 remake, so I have come to terms with that. I’m actually glad this is being made since some of the original members are involved. If this is successful, I hope for a Silent Hill 1 remake.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

yeah, what you said. if it has original members and is done well enough, maybe other things can happen is basically my thinking on the matter.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I liked the showcase and all, but I really think these events need to start showing some gameplay. That's essentially why people play games. The movie scenes looked fine. But I could later on find out the game plays like ass, and then not care for it. You know?

Gameplay footage being revealed is very important!
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:07 pm I liked the showcase and all, but I really think these events need to start showing some gameplay. That's essentially why people play games. The movie scenes looked fine. But I could later on find out the game plays like ass, and then not care for it. You know?

Gameplay footage being revealed is very important!
Especially for the remake of 2. I mean, we know this has been in development for years. It would have made sense to show gameplay.
I'm going to town either way.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

Rare moment of a company so many years in the limbo. They show us what they already got, in motion, what is coming, and some plus - some dream.

We can't change the past, forgive or forgot what happened, but we can just leave this limbo and move on... I saw this somewhere already...
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Real question here is will Koanmi actually redeem themselves?
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I wonder that myself, as there was something awry about the event. What especially concerns us is the lack of gameplay in these trailers. They obviously attempted to make the trailers look and sound interesting enough to grab our attention, but I was left feeling like it may not be what we want in the long run.

I really have no faith in these indie developers, as their previous games have not been well received. Maybe they have some good ideas to chime in with, sure. But they aren't Team Silent level talent.

I'd have to see a bit of proper gameplay footage to be able to form any real noteworthy opinion.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:04 pm I wonder that myself, as there was something awry about the event. What especially concerns us is the lack of gameplay in these trailers. They obviously attempted to make the trailers look and sound interesting enough to grab our attention, but I was left feeling like it may not be what we want in the long run.

I really have no faith in these indie developers, as their previous games have not been well received. Maybe they have some good ideas to chime in with, sure. But they aren't Team Silent level talent.

I'd have to see a bit of proper gameplay footage to be able to form any real noteworthy opinion.
I think they are keeping things close to their chest. Especially because I think Sony wants to have this part of a State of Play that we might see soon.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Well, it has been ages since there was any news about the foggiest town in gaming, following the showcase which to be honest, didn't show off much. At least I won't be bored next month, 'cause there's the RE4 remake, which looks amazing.

What's funny about all of this is that this remake looks better than the last two remakes, and to be honest, the original RE4 isn't even one of my top RE games. It never really has been. I mean, I do enjoy it, but I always considered it as like the start of a different IP for Capcom, despite it featuring in the same shared universe. As a shooter too, it feels incredibly dated. What, with not being able to move and shoot at the same time. I honestly went back to it recently, and the nostalgia just wasn't doing it for me.

If you think about it, RE4 is barely correlated to the previous games in any case. Oh, sure, Leon returns. It's hardly like he acts or even looks the same as he did in the original RE2. The rest is you just killing villagers and monsters for hours upon hours, and upgrading using treasure and Spanish money. There's not much tension. It hardly feels like any of the prior RE games whatsoever. But in general, it's a solid game. It picks up later on, but I don't understand why fans say it's the best RE game, when it doesn't have much to do with old RE games.

But I don't care much for remakes. The movie industry is the same. A lot of movies that came out in the 2000s for example were remakes, and then Americans started copying Asian horror movies, when they could have just came up with their own ideas. I think it sucks that European and Asian directors have a distinct way of storytelling, but then the US just wants to copy it for profit. And I see that Capcom is the same.