AlchemillaHsospital

Your Favourite Deaths In Video Games?

From Atari and beyond, talk about all things video games.
Norus_Rebirthed

Your Favourite Deaths In Video Games?

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Best death animations in Video Games?
Never played the original Tomb Raider. But thanks to Admin's Tomb Raider in Latin videos. I went and watched a compilation of Lara deaths. Seems to make the same sound during it!
I also love the "Lights out, Drake!" and various other chortles at your misfortune in Uncharted.
I like the slow motion "Wasted" from Grand Theft Auto 5.
And The Last Of Us, some gruesome deaths. But they end on that high pitched nwwwwwWWWWA sound before it gets to the details.
*sniffs The Evil Within deaths are quite brutal. Especially the ones where you don't get blown up.
Alien Isolation? Oh just fucking kill me, you great exoskeletal turd! Don't drag it out!
Yes, the purpose of the game is to complete them. But when you gotta die etc.

Anymore you think are really well animated? And a final mention for that abusive flashback you get when you are killed in The Darkness II.
Otherworld

Re: Your Favourite Deaths In Video Games?

Post by Otherworld »

RE4 has a TON of death animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZPl-nES7A
I'm going to town either way.
Norus_Rebirthed

Otherworld wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:41 pm RE4 has a TON of death animations

Is RE4 a favourite of your death scenes? I've not got a PS4/5. But have their been no recent games that made you, or anybody reading think, "that's a really beautiful/haunting death scene!". Or did you always have the frustration of dying overriding everything to notice?
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Norus_Rebirthed wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:51 pm
Otherworld wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:41 pm RE4 has a TON of death animations

Is RE4 a favourite of your death scenes? I've not got a PS4/5. But have their been no recent games that made you, or anybody reading think, "that's a really beautiful/haunting death scene!". Or did you always have the frustration of dying overriding everything to notice?
The Evil Within 2 had a pretty good one with the long-haired ghost. The Last of Us PS5 version has some brutal kills.

Silent Hill 3's is actually very unique.
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Otherworld wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:12 pmSilent Hill 3's is actually very unique.
The scene where Heather gets pulled under the water by the sewer monster is pretty harsh; the screams really seal it. Considering the overall lack of death animations for the TS era games, it really stands out. As mentioned prior, RE4 handled that pretty well and gave the game actual stakes since at any moment you could see your player character get brutally owned instead of just the standard "fall over and die" situation. It wasn't the only game to do this, obviously, but I think it's an often unnoticed problem with the SH series.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Norus_Rebirthed

rodox_head wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:25 pm
Otherworld wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:12 pmSilent Hill 3's is actually very unique.
The scene where Heather gets pulled under the water by the sewer monster is pretty harsh; the screams really seal it. Considering the overall lack of death animations for the TS era games, it really stands out. As mentioned prior, RE4 handled that pretty well and gave the game actual stakes since at any moment you could see your player character get brutally owned instead of just the standard "fall over and die" situation. It wasn't the only game to do this, obviously, but I think it's an often unnoticed problem with the SH series.
Oh I was really shocked and horrified listening to her screaming underwater. That complete realisation that this was her death and anything preferred over her fate.
Still the benchmark of Game Over deaths? In gaming, let alone SH titles?
And yes, I can think about things other than playing my memory of what her screaming sounds like in my head!
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

rodox_head wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:25 pm
I wish we had a scene showing what Valtiel did with Heathers body after dragging it away
Norus_Rebirthed

How do you die in Cyberpunk? Or is that one of the game's complaints?
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

When a zombie kills Leon in the RE2 remake from 2019, you can tell it's half censored. The camera jerks about, and the screen flashes. This never happened in the original 1998 game. In fact, a shotgun blast was capable of splitting zombies apart. I feel like this was disappointing.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

I am unsure if the RE4 Remake had the Leon melted face from the Novistador.....