AlchemillaHsospital

The Soundtracks

All topics that don't fit elsewhere, or about the series in general.
Otherworld

Re: The Soundtracks

Post by Otherworld »

rodox_head wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:33 am
Otherworld wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:36 pm Origins soundtrack was fantastic
Indeed it is. Although I tend to go through Fungo's CST album more than the OST. Shot Down In Flames and O.R.T. (as well as their reprises in the game) are some of my favorite vocal tracks. Does anyone else think Theme of Sabre Dance was (or at least should have been) intended to be used for the results screen? If I recall correctly, nothing played over it, but I can chalk this up to how rushed the game was. That bass playing in Hole In the Sky is powerful.

I still find it kinda funny to think that Butcher's boss theme is a stripped down version of Scorch's boss theme from Spyro 3.
Theme of Sabre would have been great as a result screen song. Funny that there was nothing .....
I'm going to town either way.
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Otherworld wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:27 pmTheme of Sabre would have been great as a result screen song. Funny that there was nothing .....
Now I'm wondering, maybe "The Wicked End" was supposed to play there. The CST has it at the end and it's the only track on the CST that I don't recall playing at all in the actual game. Maybe it was in there but ran into some kind of coding issue. Going back to Spyro 3, from what I've heard, the game was pushed to completion so fast that Copeland wasn't even able to complete the score, thus some of the levels used placeholder tracks from previous ones until it was complete for the Greatest Hits release, so this is plausibly the case for 0rigins nightmare rush of a development.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

The ending theme in the original. It's beautiful.

Konami, don't let the series die!