AlchemillaHsospital

Props to this game

Discuss Shattered Memories here.
Otherworld

Props to this game

Post by Otherworld »

Watching an LP of this game and I forgot how good it is. Forget the Wii mechanics, I am just talking about the story and the way they made changes to the game because of the manner in which you play.

There is a lot of smart things going on. Even the cell phone was pretty cool.
I'm going to town either way.
Otherworld

Re: Props to this game

Post by Otherworld »

I'd take a remake of this game !
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

As radically different to the series as 4 was.
The most forward thinking in terms of technology.
The storytelling was the most ambitious.
Endings usually determined on a number of choices or points at the end of the game.
In this game the choices begin early.
I'm liking opening cupboards and drawers
And if I remember I still got the three in a bed ending!
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

If they did remake it I want to get rid of that huge warning screen at the beginning of the game telling you that your actions were being tracked.

That would allow for a much more honest result.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Otherworld wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:39 pm If they did remake it I want to get rid of that huge warning screen at the beginning of the game telling you that your actions were being tracked.

That would be a better effect. Player completes the game. Moaning all the time about it (!) then that warning sticker comes up before the end credits.
I don't code but it should be easy enough to not have that flash up every Game Over.
(At initial code have an extra 0 throughout the game that only turns to 1 if Game completed? And every Game Over trigger reads that code and if 0 it doesn't go to the warning sticker)
Well that's how I'd handle computer programming but probably the furthest thing from how it works!
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Norus_Rebirthed wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:08 pm
Otherworld wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:39 pm If they did remake it I want to get rid of that huge warning screen at the beginning of the game telling you that your actions were being tracked.

That would be a better effect. Player completes the game. Moaning all the time about it (!) then that warning sticker comes up before the end credits.
I don't code but it should be easy enough to not have that flash up every Game Over.
(At initial code have an extra 0 throughout the game that only turns to 1 if Game completed? And every Game Over trigger reads that code and if 0 it doesn't go to the warning sticker)
Well that's how I'd handle computer programming but probably the furthest thing from how it works!
The warning changes the way people play the game. At the end of the game, they should have provided the stats, how they are captured, and how they relate to the particular ending you got.

Providing that warning at the beginning is like telling someone that there is a Cop sitting at a stop sign you are going to roll up on. You know every single person will stop dead at the sign. But that is not what would have really happened if they did not know there was a Cop sitting and waiting for them.

Plus it removes all subtlety from the game and kind of robs it from being even better IMO.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I sold my PS2 copy, as I never believed it was canonical.