AlchemillaHsospital

Downcoming

Discuss Silent Hill Homecoming here.
Annin_Tofu

Re: Downcoming

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I'm happy the franchise is returning. But I feel scepticism is high among fans. After all, we have Bloober Team, and developers who are beneath them. It's hard not to feel a bit of concern.

Game trailers require gameplay included. Pretty graphics isn't enough. :ugeek:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:22 am I'm happy the franchise is returning. But I feel scepticism is high among fans. After all, we have Bloober Team, and developers who are beneath them. It's hard not to feel a bit of concern.

Game trailers require gameplay included. Pretty graphics isn't enough. :ugeek:
Well I am sure Acension will put all of the worries to rest..... :roll:

Homecomign is a work of art compared to it.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

While we were offline, I played Alan Wake 2. I found it was boring. The part I made it to a month ago was the boss fight in the forest. It's the one with the naked guy in the morgue, who you briefly fought in the police station. Hemingway, I think his name was.

You spend a lot of time profiling a case with evidence, which I mean, yes, it's to gather up the clues. So yeah, I can see why Saga does this. But on subsequent runs of the game, that sort of gameplay may become tediously overdone if you already know the plot.

I do like the Silent Hill-ish feeling to it, because I favor that moodiness a lot more than what modern day RE games can offer. You know how in RE4, RE8 and all that, they have bullet sponge lycans, or village people, and the game is all about shooting. Slower paced horror games with excellent atmosphere tops all.