AlchemillaHsospital

Small Details from the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition

Discuss the second game here.
S.L.D.T.

Small Details from the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition

Post by S.L.D.T. »

I just played the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition for the first time yesterday, as I streamed it for some friends to celebrate the game's 20th anniversary,. During my playthrough, two things really jumped out at me owing to the Enhanced Edition's substantial visual overhaul: 1) that James actually leans in to kiss Mary on the forehead before he smothers her in the video tape and 2) that James actually catches up with Laura, stops her to get her attention, speaks with her, and then leaves together with her in the Leave ending. Those two details are details that I had never noticed before, the latter in particular because the models in the Leave ending were more obscured by the fog in the original PS2 release, and both made their respective scenes much more emotionally impactful (the former being heart-wrenching and the latter being heart-warming). Have any of you noticed these details before? Let me know!
rodox_head

Re: Small Details from the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition

Post by rodox_head »

I've known about that first one, but not the other. I can't seem to find any footage of it though, or at least any that shows it clearly.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
S.L.D.T.

Post by S.L.D.T. »

The Extras page for Silent Hill 2 contains save files for the PC version of Silent Hill 2, including saves prior to all the endings. I have provided a link to this page below:

https://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/extras_en.htm

If you have access to the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition, you could quickly load the save for the Leave ending to check out that second interaction for yourself!
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

S.L.D.T. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:09 am The Extras page for Silent Hill 2 contains save files for the PC version of Silent Hill 2, including saves prior to all the endings. I have provided a link to this page below:

https://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/extras_en.htm

If you have access to the Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition, you could quickly load the save for the Leave ending to check out that second interaction for yourself!
Unfortunately I don't have that access, but I'll take your word for it. :thumbsup:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
S.L.D.T.

Post by S.L.D.T. »

I went in and grabbed a screenshot from the ending. Timing was a little difficult, but this shot was taken right after Laura turns to James as he approaches her, and is proceeded by her turning and walking out through the gate beside him. Pretty cool detail!

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

!st one, I was aware of.

2nd one is cool as any version I played I would have a very hard time seeing this.

Thanks !
I'm going to town either way.
Naroon

Post by Naroon »

Wasn't ever aware of that 2nd detail, that's really neat.
Ernest Baldwin: "The Gods are here. You know it too. You were born in this town."