AlchemillaHsospital

Could f and The Short Message be loosely connected?

Annin_Tofu

Could f and The Short Message be loosely connected?

Post by Annin_Tofu »

It seems as if the monster that pursues Anita is called simply Cherry Blossom.

https://silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Cherry_Blossom

https://cohost.org/Medicamecanica/post/ ... ilent-hill

Figures, I guess. But I think the plot of f could be indirectly connected to The Short Message (as backed up by leaker, Dusk Golem), as there's a note mentioning a witch, and I think it talked about something happening in Japan. So this suggests to me that "Cherry Blossom" is the new Pyramid Head-esque villlain, that will be a recurring bogeyman stalker...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Could f and The Short Message be loosely connected?

Post by admin »

yeah i wondered the same. i have been watching nubzombie's playthrough on YT because I don't have a PS5. incidentally my brother DOES have a ps5 and uploaded an hour to his channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHg7sK24hXU
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

It makes sense. Especially with the Silent Hill phenomenon premise......
I'm going to town either way.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Otherworld wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:26 pm It makes sense. Especially with the Silent Hill phenomenon premise......
I'm more than ok with that. It fits well with the canon of one of the bad endings in 4 The Room. That news bulletin. Ambulance crews start getting ill. And I just inferred it spread out past the apartment building into the wider world.
Of course, you tell that to the social media critics!
But yeah, Silent Hill is breaking out from Silent Hill. Great concept and I hope we see more of that.

EDIT: Long time no 4 The Room! I watched the bad ending online and it's five police officers killed. But apartment tenants are moved to a hospital complaining of stomach pains. So it'll probably spread out from there.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Norus_Rebirthed wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:28 pm
Otherworld wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:26 pm It makes sense. Especially with the Silent Hill phenomenon premise......
I'm more than ok with that. It fits well with the canon of one of the bad endings in 4 The Room. That news bulletin. Ambulance crews start getting ill. And I just inferred it spread out past the apartment building into the wider world.
Of course, you tell that to the social media critics!
But yeah, Silent Hill is breaking out from Silent Hill. Great concept and I hope we see more of that.

EDIT: Long time no 4 The Room! I watched the bad ending online and it's five police officers killed. But apartment tenants are moved to a hospital complaining of stomach pains. So it'll probably spread out from there.
I am fine with it as well.

At the same time I'd like to see a main line game in Silent Hill proper...
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I hope it's not gonna be a walking simulator like a lot of Steam games. But as it appears to feature another young teenage girl, it probably will not have combat.