AlchemillaHsospital

Nurse concept art

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Annin_Tofu

Re: Nurse concept art

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Well, anyone hoping for news at E3 is shit out of luck as it was cancelled. Meanwhile, I think Summer Game Fest is returning in June. So you needn't get too overly down about E3 not going ahead. ;)

In fact, I think they admitted that E3 is over now. Period. :(
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

The publishers will end up giving us multiple events per year but I will miss E3
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I'm more supportive of Silent Hill now than I am with Resident Evil. That's because I've not been happy with the direction of RE since it became incredibly daft with the ideas Capcom pulled off in RE8, but it was brewing for a while. :sick:

I don't even consider it a true horror franchise any more either. Basically, it's an action saga with some horror elements, but every character is definitely too macho now, that it makes you feel like you're just playing the game to slaughter different creatures. You just don't get that same feeling of dread as when you were the rookie cop, exploring the police station, or even when the STARS units were trapped in the mansion. I feel like that all became lost after RE4 shifted the franchise towards action and ammo drops, purchasing heavy artillery, and whatnot. :coffee:

Also, it's about what you feel is RE yourself, I guess...

As you explore Silent Hill, you see nurses. You know things like this is a staple of this franchise. But when Murphy was there, he had banshees to deal with instead. It almost felt like a new type of series. Almost. But RE is certainly worse. Now you have vampires, living dummy things, robot men, etc.

It's crazy. :(