AlchemillaHsospital

Truly, an all-inclusive medium

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Otherworld

Re: Truly, an all-inclusive medium

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:51 am I see people asking for a demo for the RE4 and SH2 remakes, but they're both going to be here before we know it. :oops:

Well, I hope so.
Agreed, but Capcom has been really good with demos lately. I expect a RE4 Reamke demo for sure.

No idea if we will see one for SH2 Remake.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I hope we get some news soon. It would be great if they did a showcase every so many months just to keep fans updated, as Capcom has been doing along with the occasional random surprise, like when they showed off a trailer for their upcoming animated movie that revealed the return of Jill in the canon.

The thing with the October SH showcase was that Konami just repeated themselves. I know showing off graphics is important, but this is a gaming series. Too often they don't really think to show anything about how the titles will play. That's rather important, as we are gamers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thesaunderschild wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:34 am I hope we get some news soon. It would be great if they did a showcase every so many months just to keep fans updated, as Capcom has been doing along with the occasional random surprise, like when they showed off a trailer for their upcoming animated movie that revealed the return of Jill in the canon.

The thing with the October SH showcase was that Konami just repeated themselves. I know showing off graphics is important, but this is a gaming series. Too often they don't really think to show anything about how the titles will play. That's rather important, as we are gamers.
yeah, like the interviews with devs were like "yes i am a fan and care about the series," which is important, yes. but that's not info or news, actually lol. tell us that AND tell us some news pls.

I saw another article floating around yesterday and it was just rehashing the same non-news.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I can jibber-jabber about other subjects meanwhile, but I do find I get bored if the time between updates is becoming too long. I'm also an advocate for including real gameplay in showcases. You know?

Obviously, we care about how the game looks. But if the gameplay is a style I don't like, I won't care about the product in general. Like, as an example, I don't like the way Ghostwire: Tokyo is.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:58 am I can jibber-jabber about other subjects meanwhile, but I do find I get bored if the time between updates is becoming too long. I'm also an advocate for including real gameplay in showcases. You know?

Obviously, we care about how the game looks. But if the gameplay is a style I don't like, I won't care about the product in general. Like, as an example, I don't like the way Ghostwire: Tokyo is.
There seems to be a balance that needs to be found in reagds to gameplay mechanics with the developers trying to bring in new players and at the same time keeping the long time fans happy as well.

Ghostwire was a first-person game and I am not sure it is a good comparison. Maybe Dead Space might be better. I really hope we see gameplay at the State of play today!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

The absolute best horror game I played in the last several years wasn't anything to do with RE, but Days Gone. That was the most enjoyment I had with a game for many a year.

It took me over 2 weeks to finish it. The story was gripping. The graphics were the most stunning I'd ever seen. Now, RE games don't have bad graphics as such, but the newer ones are inclined to be very dark. This game was just amazing from start to finish. Very detailed, but also very rich in content. The characters were great too.

Granted, it was very hard in some parts, and it was repetitive with you having to locate scrap and repair the bike. For example, I never defeated a horde properly, other than the mandatory one in the cave with the Reacher. I just deliberately died after a few attempts, due to how annoying it was. But I did come close once. Literally just had a few more shots to place, and I would have accomplished it. But I think my stamina bar ran out. The game really punished you for these type of fuck ups.

But yeah. That game had way more content and an actual spine to it, than any of the recent RE games, which I feel are kind of overrated.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

I was hoping to get a gameplay video in the State of Play but, no luck.

The one thing I hope to see is a change in the way the nurses look/moved in the trailer.

I hope they make sure that their heads twitch in the same manner as the original.

Oh, and their scream was pretty freaky too...
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I thought the nurses in general were unique, but not especially hard to defeat. Then after the movie came out, suddenly they're acting like they're the best slasher villains in town. LOL.

When I was playing as Alex, I need never dare attempt to run past one in a narrow space. The bosses were tough too. Did you recall how the game had so little bullets? I never used guns for anything besides the bosses. Although I had to use the shotgun in the police station, as those tall lumpy things weren't playing around with the deputy and I...

Man, Homecoming was brutal. :P

I never completed it properly. I had XPort, so I got a save file to play with the ray gun.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:01 am I thought the nurses in general were unique, but not especially hard to defeat. Then after the movie came out, suddenly they're acting like they're the best slasher villains in town. LOL.

When I was playing as Alex, I need never dare attempt to run past one in a narrow space. The bosses were tough too. Did you recall how the game had so little bullets? I never used guns for anything besides the bosses. Although I had to use the shotgun in the police station, as those tall lumpy things weren't playing around with the deputy and I...

Man, Homecoming was brutal. :P

I never completed it properly. I had XPort, so I got a save file to play with the ray gun.
The nurses in 2 were terrifying. When you opened a door in the hospital you learned very quickly that you needed to have your weapon ready. Their screams would blast out of the speakers before the room would load making you feel blind when walking into a room.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I really do think RE8's "Shadows of Rose" storyline was copying the game with the mannequins. I always knew Capcom were opportunists when it came to copying other games. They did it long before the Hideo Kojima controversy, so it's not like it were anything new.

Remember in RE6 how they copied the slide motion from GOW3? Yeah. They probably thought nobody would notice. :geek: