AlchemillaHsospital

Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Norus_Rebirthed

Re: Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Well even though opinions on worst ever differ. There's always something you like in the games. Be interesting to see how it plays. I'm more interested in the other stuff being developed.
With the right ideas, time and money. Silent Hill could theoretically be made for over 50 years.
First stirring of life in ages but completely understand the desire to draw a line. It's being repeated on Facebook a different story altogether. Bodies being found to have moved after death. (I think it's gases inside moving through decomposition). A scientist in Australia is said to have found it in 2019.
No idea why I bought it up because it isn't the gases of decomposition moving the current Silent Hill titles.
But hopefully Silent Hill 2 doesn't turn out to be the parlour corpse caked in make up they never wore for the mourners to say prayers.
Apologies if any of you have lost anyone recently. I was last in a parlour in the mid 1990's for ex's strength when her mother died.

Lot of sidetrack in this post!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Well, don't worry. They can never go all Star Wars and ruin the technical lineage. Only new games can be atrocious. So the old games will always be there. :blooper:

PS2 graphics, and all. :mrgreen:

I still say that showcases NEED to include gameplay. Ah, but then they don't want to scare people off by revealing how terrible it may play. Too bad.

It's a video game, so naturally, gamers want to see some goddamn gameplay. Sure, nice pixels are good to look at. But the gameplay overall also matters. That's the whole point. :key:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Otherworld wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:34 pm What is the alternative?

Would we rather have Silent Hill die?
This is the operative question here. And here is my answer:

1)If you want Silent Hill to die, you can just ignore new releases and pretend it's already dead. [*L7's "pretend we're dead" plays on stereo*]

2) If you don't want that, you can perhaps go into new things with an open mind, or do what I also do which is say to myself, "I may not be the target audience for this thing, but someone else might be! Good for them!" and let people enjoy things.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

admin wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:30 am
Otherworld wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:34 pm What is the alternative?

Would we rather have Silent Hill die?
This is the operative question here. And here is my answer:

1)If you want Silent Hill to die, you can just ignore new releases and pretend it's already dead. [*L7's "pretend we're dead" plays on stereo*]

2) If you don't want that, you can perhaps go into new things with an open mind, or do what I also do which is say to myself, "I may not be the target audience for this thing, but someone else might be! Good for them!" and let people enjoy things.
Number 2 hits the nail on the head. For this franchise to become relevant again it has to move forward and be upgraded for a new generation of gamers.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

If 2 is a success, maybe they will remake SH, which is a positive decision as the game will be presented for the first time with glorious HD graphics.
Norus_Rebirthed

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hil ... e=facebook

Faithfully sticking to story just updating gameplay. Maybe James will be able to step onto pavements now?
But I liked him skating along the road running until he reached that lower part!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

People on NeoGAF are complaining about all the work Konami has done to finally bring back the IP, rather than just being glad it's back in a big way. :oops:

I.E.

So I asked for an orange shirt. I got a yellow one, a pink one, and three other assorted colors. I got more than I asked for. But damn it. Orange just rocks, y'all. :mrgreen:

At least Konami's fans aren't as rabid as some of Capcom's are.
Norus_Rebirthed

Not got a console or game. But you know at the start walking into the forest from the car park?
You can never get James to go over the edge. Even though no barrier he just stops at the edge.
But then that could mean something to his character?
They probably didn't have that Heather righting mechanic down yet?
But that would be the very first thing I'd do if I had a copy of the game. Can I get James to run off the cliff?
"Mary... Could you be in this town?"
*Runs down slippery stairs and without falling gets uncontrollable momentum and misses the footpath turning
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Not being open world, sadly no. :|
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

Bloober team is very pro, I would not expect things like in Dread Out that you can go back by the road for hours. I have played Hellblade that is also indie game, and is annoyngly flawless (and I play by Proton - do my best)!
At least Konami's fans aren't as rabid as some of Capcom's are.
Is there any Konami fan here? Don't mistake SH fans with Konami fans, you should not do that!!!
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"