AlchemillaHsospital

Late 2023 or early 2024?

Discuss the upcoming movie directed by Christoph Gans
Norus_Rebirthed

Late 2023 or early 2024?

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Can't make a poll. But know the destruction they cause. So not buried underneath social media messages. A thread on a forum to build on answers to this question.
Do You Seriously In All Honesty Believe Return To Silent Hill Will Be Released In 2023?
a) Silent Hill film in the current climate? Yes! Absolutely see no problems or delay.
b) Silent Hill film in current climate? Yeah, coming out in 2024 after the games.
c) Silent Hill film in the current climate? Development Hell. Never Getting Finished.
d) Silent Hill film in the current climate outcome hitherto not specified in poll (state)
e) Well it's a Silent Hill film in the current climate so all bets off.

At moment we have chicken and egg situation on wether game or film released first.
Game looking nearer.
I'm thinking game in 2023 and film delayed to 2024.
Option b.
Astonishingly more optimistic than a million Silent Hill forums and Facebook groups would have left feeling.
It's clear we haven't had as many Silent Hill movies as much as that other long running series.
Done that bit.
Which of the five outcomes do you think the likeliest of Return To Silent Hill?
I hope whatever CGI needed is being worked on! No cast announcement. Even if filming from late Spring. To film that and have it post production. Ready to be premiered late 2023?
Even if low budget that's still a limited amount of time to film.
But then what was the filming lengths of the previous two?
I'm saying b. Really hope we don't get c. And if we do get a then promise to change username to Fukamibucka.
Submit thread now answer
Last edited by Norus_Rebirthed on Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otherworld

Re: Late 2023 or early 2024?

Post by Otherworld »

b) Silent Hill film in current climate? Yeah, coming out in 2024 after the games.
I'm going to town either way.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

Well, a movie can delay ether. Thought Konami have a multidimensional problem if they wish to create linked release. I didn't see this work yet, let's remember the disaster of Matrix 2. There is always the first time, but I don't believe in Konami's capabilities, and if they are smart, they will let the releases happens as the productions are ok to be.

The standard had just rise... I will post my thoughts about it...
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

April 26th, 2024.
IMdB update.
Merci! Looking forward to seeing it now. That's the largest post production window I think Silent Hill has ever had?
This could be everything we'd ever wanted to see from a Silent Hill film.
Tunes don't change, they just make better music when more information is known! Who knew? :D
w009 to 2024. Let's be careful out there!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Easter special.

By the way, Stray Souls is out this autumn. Akira is the composer. :brows: