AlchemillaHsospital

Resident Evil 4 (Remake) *Official Topic*

Discussions on all other popular horror video game franchises.
Annin_Tofu

Resident Evil 4 (Remake) *Official Topic*

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Meh. My post timed-out. :oops:

But... anyhow. It was the first game shown off at State of Play tonight.

Releases on 24 March. What do you think of the trailer that Capcom put together? ;)

https://youtu.be/stU7K4favCw
Otherworld

Re: Resident Evil 4 (Remake) *Official Topic*

Post by Otherworld »

Saw a side by side of an original trailer and the new one. They were pretty similar.

All I can say is if they do what they did for the RE2 Remake for the RE4 Remake, this will be huge!
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Definitely all for a more horror focused RE4. While the 2005 version is solid, it was vaporware in the scary department. Maybe if not for a few scenes. So this is a great opportunity to correct the cheesy side. Already, some fans are saying they don't like the cheese being toned down.

I don't think Capcom will be completely removing the campy feel, but I do think a more serious tone is needed to take it seriously.

Since the other remakes removed a lot of enemies, I think this remake will likely do the same, while making up for it in other ways. If people go in and make comparisons to the original so early on, their enjoyment will be lessened, so it's best to be optimistic.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

For the most part, Capcom has this Remake thing locked down.

Some did not like RE3 Remake but it just made more sense to me to move away from the clock tower and add more hospital time. The park was also an odd area in RE3.

RE2 Remake was crafted very well. As long as they follow that formula this should be great. Will it be better than the original? That's tough as the bar is set very high.

Even if it's not, it should be a great game to play.

Konami, please sell this IP to Capcom.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Just to let everyone know, I don't believe that the remake of RE4 will be getting released on the PS4. :|
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

thesaunderschild wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:04 am Just to let everyone know, I don't believe that the remake of RE4 will be getting released on the PS4. :|
I think you're correct.

I am excited for the REmake 4. But CVX and Outbreak should have had that first.

Ofc, they could be milking RE4 again and then make solid REmakes of the others.

They do also like releasing RE4 on all platforms. So IDK. :mira:
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Yeah. RE4 has been ported countless times already. :wtf:

Truth be told, I am sceptical that the remake is just another cash grab of theirs. They know that a lot of fans generally see RE4 as being the "best" game. Although to me personally though, I always felt that it generally did significant harm to the overall lore. :potion:

But it is a good, action packed game. I just wish Capcom would primarily focus on new games. Even the upcoming Netflix series looks pretty dope. Like... Wesker is black now?

OK. Nobody here is racist. But, um, the man ain't supposed to even be black. :cry:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

The last showing of game play has me pretty happy that I preordered this game.

It looks like it will be a ton of fun.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I hope they're still planning on putting in Separate Ways. It's basically RE4, but you're playing as Ada. That was cool in the original release, but something tells me if it's coming at all, it will be months or possibly a year after the base game comes out.

I don't get why they didn't plan DLC, but maybe because games cost more to make, they just like wanna see what the reaction is that they will receive from fans before making decisions.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:12 am I hope they're still planning on putting in Separate Ways. It's basically RE4, but you're playing as Ada. That was cool in the original release, but something tells me if it's coming at all, it will be months or possibly a year after the base game comes out.

I don't get why they didn't plan DLC, but maybe because games cost more to make, they just like wanna see what the reaction is that they will receive from fans before making decisions.
Same type of thing happened in RE8. Sales numbers may drive this.