AlchemillaHsospital

Internet forums are dead now...

Current events, politics, etc. The views expressed here are those of the individual posters, and do not necessarily represent those of SHC or the community as a whole.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Internet forums are dead now...

Post by admin »

people are also using phones for internet so i think that also makes them use forums less. i always forget that people actually post on the internet with phones. amazing to me.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:31 pm people are also using phones for internet so i think that also makes them use forums less. i always forget that people actually post on the internet with phones. amazing to me.
It's possible to read this forum on smartphones. I do visit every morning when I wake up. I'd rather use my Tablet to post stuff.
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:42 pm
rodox_head wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:34 am The internet as a whole right now feels more "content over community". YouTube comment sections are probably the most likely spot for me to see actual discussions.
The internet right now is about advertisements, not even content. The content is generally just made to sell the data to advertisers. If people continue to get sucked into social media, this will never change, either (it's been shown to be more addictive because it gives people addictive happy chemicals in their brains, serotonin and such). But they wont' ever admit they have trouble logging off, either.

So to hell with them. I get more done when I post on forums, not on social media, and the people who visit forums see the posts (social media hides your posts from 90% or more of your followers and "fans.")

Internet forums are dead. Long live internet forums.
The structure most forms of internet communication have evolved into literally causes distress to my possibly autistic brain. I really appreciate how BBS forums are cleanly organized on the webpage, hell even the format 4chan used wasn't all too bad once you learned how it works. Every other spot, be it YT, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok, have communication smothered by a whole bunch of shit to keep you stuck in infinite loops. Out of the first 10 search results on YT, 7 are likely to just be "You might also like..." or "watch again" fluff and it irritates me to no end. Reddit forums will always sneak in promotions for other boards or advertisements to make you think they're supposed to be there if you don't look at it for more than 3 seconds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Twitter would be 1000% less of a shitstain on the internet if it was EXCLUSIVELY for commercial purposes. Regular people shouldn't be limited to a character count which has demonstrably decreased the public desire for actual discussion.

As for IG and TikTok, never used 'em and never will. It's bad enough that I click on the odd YT short, usually if it's someone I'm already familiar with, but most of the time it's just another "look at the jangly keys :o " that may or may not have been sharted out by an AI program.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

On some of the other forums I use, they just outright delete my posts. Many of them are inactive, which makes me feel like posting will be pointless. But I hardly ever feel like me talking about Resident Evil will do any good any more, because I tried to tell them the new games stink, but then they just seem to think I mentioned all of that for nothing. Capcom also just milks the series, which is why they copied RE4 for 8 and just changed stuff here and there.

Nobody needs to be provided with a billion takes on how Raccoon City was destroyed. If that's the case, they could just rebuild it. Keep moving to other American states for new storylines as they have done. Or try Canada. There's more they could be doing. But no. Just keep giving fans retellings of the same thing. Ironically, how I post is repetitive about as much as how many times Capcom goes back to 1998. Or other years sometimes.

I love RE, but it's not always easy being a fan of it. Especially when Capcom shows like a 20 second trailer and people get excited over nothing.