AlchemillaHsospital

Resident Evil: Netflix and Reviewers

Discuss the massive world of media entertainment and what it has to offer.
LostInTheFog

Resident Evil: Netflix and Reviewers

Post by LostInTheFog »

Ok, all of us knew the Netflix series had zero chances of being something. We don't have much expectations about this industry, but, yes, they still can do even worst. So after Welcome to Raccoon City, Netflix have produced more source material for mames.

And I was thinking Netflix have learned something in this couple years...

But what really shocked me was to see traditional giants of entertainment as GameSpot and IGN publishing reviews with high scores, with kinda similar argumentation. Here in Brazil we are a bit lucky, a bit away from big capital, so even IGN in ptBR was, at list, neutral. I have some YouTubers that I consult before get into this kind of production, and the disappointing was visible in their faces right in the first seconds. One of them brings the IGN and GameSpot reviews, and became even more disappointed. Dark times for the franchise, but also for entertainment as well.

I was thinking this kind of reviewer (don't know how to name it in english - thank God) have vanished with my generation, at list from main magazines, but now I see young people building career by selling opinion... dark times!

Now I really think we are fortunate heaving Silent Hill (first movie) because RE fans are now missing Milla Jovovich... dark times!
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Re: Resident Evil: Netflix and Reviewers

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I think Capcom needs to stop milking the franchise, and in particular, the year 1998.

I never bothered watching the live action series with how it was just so stupid. I did watch the animated episodes, but I found them mostly boring. The other animated tie in films were quite good, and Vendetta should have gotten a sequel.