AlchemillaHsospital

My mother passed away 3 months ago...

Talk among fellow members about happenings going on with you.
Annin_Tofu

My mother passed away 3 months ago...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

She was surviving on dialysis for well over a year, but her health issues also included suffering from COPD and seizures. What's suspicious though is that her lines were removed at the hospice she was visiting. This delayed her dialysis, which she only got once near the end of August after going some near 2 weeks without it, which is actually supposed to be fatal.

Then on the 4th of September, I last spoke to my mum as she was laying on the couch in her house, as I live elsewhere. She was feeling weak. I left, but my sister told me the next day that two nurses came like back to back or whatever, resulting in an overdose of the pain relief she received for her abdominal aortic aneurysm. Then she was in hospital for nearly a week, dying on the 9th. This was my sister's birthday as well. I have two sisters with the same birthday, but they were not born in the same year.

I think the NHS are so scummy. My mum had even packed her belongings to flee the hospice. But removing a patient's catheters is just ridiculous. My sister claims it was forced, too. But I don't know. That would be illegal, perhaps. Only my mum would've known. And she was requiring vascular surgery, which she simply could not undergo.

It's all shitty either way. Her health problems were the result of years of chain smoking. She had been buying those duty free type as well, which I suspect worsened her health.

:cry:
Otherworld

Re: My mother passed away 3 months ago...

Post by Otherworld »

My condolences.

That sounds very difficult for both her and you.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Re: My mother passed away 3 months ago...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Thanks. :coin: