Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

SilentMermaid

Lurking in Toluca Lake

Alone in the Town

Post by SilentMermaid on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 am

Alone in the Town, for now...

Hello! I'm new to the forums. I'm a long time Silent Hill fan. I'll never forget the first time I played Silent Hill. I had rented it at Blockbuster (Showing my age a bit) and was so confused and freaked out I didn't finish it. It was only a little later I was with my friends and they were playing SH2. I watched them play, hypnotized almost. The story, characters, creatures, music, and overall ambience was something I had never seen in a horror game. Immediately after I went and purchased Silent Hill 1 and 2 and immersed myself into the story. Silent Hill had me, and I couldn't wait for more. I remember purchasing Silent Hill 3 the day it came out and was just amazed by its graphics and loved the continuation of the story from the original Silent Hill. I also remember getting SH4 when it came out, at the time I was a little disappointed in it but I would say that playing it again a little older I came to appreciate its story more.
After Team Silent disbanded I still continued to give the new games a try, but they never could compare though. The only hope I had was when P.T. was released and seeing the Silent Hills trailer at the end. I swear, I just about cried when I found out it was cancelled.

Now time has passed, but these games still haven't lost their edge and remain legendary in the survival horror video game world.And it's the fans who keep the legacy alive.

I guess a little about me, though this post is going on a bit long. I am SilentMermaid. I enjoy swimming and work part time in aquatics. I also help run and manage a haunted house during the Halloween season, it's our passion, we work all year on it. I'm currently working on a Nurse cosplay for our upcoming season and promotional events. But how I wish we could do a Silent Hill tribute! I use Silent Hill as a big inspiration for my work.

It's been a while since I've been on a forum, looking forward to being part of the community. Thank you for reading.
I need a miracle and not someone's charity
One drop of love from him and my heart's in ecstasy
The high that is sending me is most likely ending me
I need a miracle and not someone's charity, now

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Alone in the Town

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 am

Welcome to the forum!
Hope you enjoy the other titles soon as they've all got something to recommend them.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

SilentMermaid

Lurking in Toluca Lake

Alone in the Town

Post by SilentMermaid on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you for the welcome!
Oh I definitely agree the other titles bring their own creative and interesting touch to the series.
I need a miracle and not someone's charity
One drop of love from him and my heart's in ecstasy
The high that is sending me is most likely ending me
I need a miracle and not someone's charity, now

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Alone in the Town

Post by Otherworld on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 am

Greeting and Salutations SilentMermaid.

I too have a similar outlook on the series. Have you played all the Silent Hill games?

Shattered Memories and Downpour were decent titles. But yes, any games released after the Team Silent era are going to have a very difficult time measuring up. Those first games had a level of refinement that has been unmatched since.

May I recommend a play through of The Evil Within 2? I found it to have a solid feel that reminded me of Silent Hill.

Tabris

Alone in the Town

Post by Tabris on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Welcome~

I also rented it at Blockbuster when it first came out hah. I thought it was just a Resident Evil knockoff but I liked it. But I only made it just past the bird piano puzzle. When I was a kid I had an irrational thing against maps. Got bored and quit.

When Silent Hill 2 came out, it changed everything.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Alone in the Town

Post by Otherworld on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am

I rented it from Jumbo Video lolololo

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill