Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.
 
 

Woudangst

User avatar

Posts: 5

Joined: Jan 07, 2018

Filling a void

Post by Woudangst on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:41 am

Greetings

As the title states, i have registered to this forum because there is a void in my head i wish to fill. And it would be of no surprise to any of you that this void carries a name; Silent Hill. I realize this mental blackhole will never have it's fill on the plenty of SH's prior glory during the first the first few titles, so forgive me if I am sometimes crass, or negate (unlikely) future attempts in reviving the franchise.

Okay, so my real name isn't Woudangst (it's dutch for "fear of the forest". It's not really a word though, but rather the title of a black metal song by "Fluisterwoud), my real name is Timo.
I'm 33 years old, and distustingly handsome (obviously not serious), and as i have already teased i'm from The Netherlands. I have played SH ever since the first title in 98 or 99, don't remember specifically, and have played most of the titles. I have been part of a community before, which was last named Hyegun. Unfortunatly, with the dying of the franchise and having it's grave desecrated by Hollywood and in turn the latter titles, my interest faded and my presence disspeared from the forums. Foolishly thinking I could go without.

So herer's my introduction, and I thank those who have actually read it.
In a meaningless life, your consious retains a purpose
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6748

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Filling a void

Post by Otherworld on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:09 am

Greetings and Salutations Woudangst.

Welcome.

To me, there will always be a void without this franchise flourishing as it once did. But, it is so Silent Hill of Silent Hill to leave a void if you know what I mean.....

Which games have you played and which ones do you want to play? I know some have no desire to play some titles.

Have you played PT?
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Oohfakanorus

Member

User avatar

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Posts: 2339

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Location: United Kingdom

Filling a void

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Silent Hill never leaves you and older as I am (Although didn't play any until 2007 so congratulations!) it just seems like the only series that will do.
Square Enid and Naughty Dog seem to have taken to be the best things about the gameplay of Silent Hill titles, but without the atmosphere of the series. And considering what advances are being made it's the biggest artistic failure of 21st Century Japanese business decisions is Silent Hill is now some cash eating alien whatever it is to where it could be now on consoles.
If a PS4 gets a Silent Hill game I'll get one. If they bring out a PS5 with a Silent Hill game however...

I still think another new Silent Hill game could only cause disappointment to what people might expect it to be.
And even then how many times do I play Homecoming? I will still take the crappiest or the crappiest executions if Silent Hill and still it wouldn't be enough!

That said, where were you when developers like Tomm were getting all hate and threats a few years ago?
Glad you missed it if you didn't know!
Completely undeserved, done hy a minority of a minority and amplified so it looks like Silent Hill Fanbase are headcases who should die out.
Good to have an account and check in regularly in here though.
Something Silent Hill will happen. I can't say where it when but can you hold in to that thought of a new something Silent Hill returning?

Bit more controversial, Gans ran someone over and did time. Should he at least make the third Silent Hill film?
Even less idea if that would get made than when new Silent Hill news coming if course!
No results found for oohfakanorus.
 
 
 
 
 

Woudangst

User avatar

Posts: 5

Joined: Jan 07, 2018

Filling a void

Post by Woudangst on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Otherworld wrote:Greetings and Salutations Woudangst.

Welcome.

To me, there will always be a void without this franchise flourishing as it once did. But, it is so Silent Hill of Silent Hill to leave a void if you know what I mean.....

Which games have you played and which ones do you want to play? I know some have no desire to play some titles.

Have you played PT?


I have almost no interest in revisiting the older Silent Hill games. Having gotten used to more advanced controls, not mention the visuals, i just can't bring myself to go and try. Though i must admit my own hypocrisy in this matter when claiming that there's an unquenched thirst for a Silent Hill game.

I have played SH 1, 2, 3, 4, Homecoming and downpour. I was never very impressed with the 4th title, and the last two titles simply killed it for me. SH has become a mere shell of its former self, and has been subjected to misguided and mediocre attempts to the continuation of an already dead franchise. My opinion, scold me if you like. I don't care. I don't care a game might be considdered good when set apart from the franchise, because that would not satisfy my cravings for a good SH game. Adding a smile here, just so you know i'm not angry. :D

At the time P.T. came out it wasn't avaible to me due to the lack of required hardware. But after having had my plenty of P.T. on youtube, i never mourned this fact. Don't get me wrong, P.T. looked sick as fuck, but yet again did not live up to that Silent Hillish atmosphere imo. Why? Where's the town, where's the fog? P.T. was made to scare the shit out of you, period. And with all due respect, that is not the reason why i had embraced Silent Hill so passionately. Neither do i care for that fps fetish. Though i have played re7, but in my defence re7 came out as a full game, not a mere playable trailer. And going through re7 i have continously missed looking at my characters body language, not a shaking camera. Personally i think there's way more gain in proper animations and facial expressions, rather than your screen going up and down uncontrollably. Adding another smile. Not angry, not passive aggressive :D
In a meaningless life, your consious retains a purpose
 
 
 
 
 

Woudangst

User avatar

Posts: 5

Joined: Jan 07, 2018

Filling a void

Post by Woudangst on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Oohfakanorus wrote:Silent Hill never leaves you and older as I am (Although didn't play any until 2007 so congratulations!) it just seems like the only series that will do.
Square Enid and Naughty Dog seem to have taken to be the best things about the gameplay of Silent Hill titles, but without the atmosphere of the series. And considering what advances are being made it's the biggest artistic failure of 21st Century Japanese business decisions is Silent Hill is now some cash eating alien whatever it is to where it could be now on consoles.
If a PS4 gets a Silent Hill game I'll get one. If they bring out a PS5 with a Silent Hill game however...

I still think another new Silent Hill game could only cause disappointment to what people might expect it to be.
And even then how many times do I play Homecoming? I will still take the crappiest or the crappiest executions if Silent Hill and still it wouldn't be enough!

That said, where were you when developers like Tomm were getting all hate and threats a few years ago?
Glad you missed it if you didn't know!
Completely undeserved, done hy a minority of a minority and amplified so it looks like Silent Hill Fanbase are headcases who should die out.
Good to have an account and check in regularly in here though.
Something Silent Hill will happen. I can't say where it when but can you hold in to that thought of a new something Silent Hill returning?

Bit more controversial, Gans ran someone over and did time. Should he at least make the third Silent Hill film?
Even less idea if that would get made than when new Silent Hill news coming if course!


Hey, forgive me for saying this but i'm having difficulties deciphering your statement. I don't know where i was when some guy named Tomm received threats. Possibly in bed, at work or playing a game unrelated to Silent Hill.

Second, I would like to agree that another addition to the series might only raise more discomfort. However and very likely, predominantly with the older fans. Those who have lived through the era of 1, 2 and three. But i can not let go of this fantasy where a miracle happens and an extraordinairy Silent Hill title saves the day. Remakes are highly debated and seemingly desired very much by a great deal of fans, including me. But with team silent pushing daisies, i don't see that working out in a good way.

Thirdly, who ran who over and why?

:D
In a meaningless life, your consious retains a purpose
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6748

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Filling a void

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Woudangst wrote:
Otherworld wrote:Greetings and Salutations Woudangst.

Welcome.

To me, there will always be a void without this franchise flourishing as it once did. But, it is so Silent Hill of Silent Hill to leave a void if you know what I mean.....

Which games have you played and which ones do you want to play? I know some have no desire to play some titles.

Have you played PT?


Woudangst wrote:I have almost no interest in revisiting the older Silent Hill games. Having gotten used to more advanced controls, not mention the visuals, i just can't bring myself to go and try. Though i must admit my own hypocrisy in this matter when claiming that there's an unquenched thirst for a Silent Hill game.


I feel the same with SH1. SH2 and SH3 are another matter as I am still impressed with the way these titiles hold up today. I mean most of the models in those games rival HC.

Woudangst wrote:I have played SH 1, 2, 3, 4, Homecoming and downpour. I was never very impressed with the 4th title, and the last two titles simply killed it for me. SH has become a mere shell of its former self, and has been subjected to misguided and mediocre attempts to the continuation of an already dead franchise. My opinion, scold me if you like. I don't care. I don't care a game might be considdered good when set apart from the franchise, because that would not satisfy my cravings for a good SH game. Adding a smile here, just so you know i'm not angry. :D


We were very spoiled in the beginning with this franchise. The amount of refinement poured into the games early on was fantastic. That has not translated to the most recent releases, that's for sure.

Have you played Shattered Memories ?

Woudangst wrote:At the time P.T. came out it wasn't avaible to me due to the lack of required hardware. But after having had my plenty of P.T. on youtube, i never mourned this fact. Don't get me wrong, P.T. looked sick as fuck, but yet again did not live up to that Silent Hillish atmosphere imo. Why? Where's the town, where's the fog? P.T. was made to scare the shit out of you, period. And with all due respect, that is not the reason why i had embraced Silent Hill so passionately. Neither do i care for that fps fetish. Though i have played re7, but in my defence re7 came out as a full game, not a mere playable trailer. And going through re7 i have continously missed looking at my characters body language, not a shaking camera. Personally i think there's way more gain in proper animations and facial expressions, rather than your screen going up and down uncontrollably. Adding another smile. Not angry, not passive aggressive :D


I too am a fan of the third person perspective. That is how I want to play all of my games. FPS is not something I really enjoy. RE7 was my first FPS game. I just could not pass up playing an RE game. i was happy with the game but what I really wish they did is give the option for both.

Kind of like the PC version of The Evil Within 2.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Woudangst

User avatar

Posts: 5

Joined: Jan 07, 2018

Filling a void

Post by Woudangst on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:36 am

Otherworld wrote:

We were very spoiled in the beginning with this franchise. The amount of refinement poured into the games early on was fantastic. That has not translated to the most recent releases, that's for sure.

Have you played Shattered Memories ?


Totally forgot about that title. Yes, yes i have. I remember it being err different. I didn't like the idea of a reimaging, but the game itself wasn't really that bad. Only slightly repetitive.
In a meaningless life, your consious retains a purpose
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6748

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Filling a void

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:29 am

Woudangst wrote:
Otherworld wrote:

We were very spoiled in the beginning with this franchise. The amount of refinement poured into the games early on was fantastic. That has not translated to the most recent releases, that's for sure.

Have you played Shattered Memories ?


Totally forgot about that title. Yes, yes i have. I remember it being err different. I didn't like the idea of a reimaging, but the game itself wasn't really that bad. Only slightly repetitive.


I thought the platform chosen hurt the game as well. The the motion controls are not needed and seemed to be a little distracting when playing the game. Plus, the game was never released in HD because of it.
Image
 
 
 


Return to Welcome to Silent Hill



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest