Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Alkina

Rain of Brass Petals

Post by Alkina on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Okay, I might be tripping, but this is what I understand from the song Rain of Brass Petals, from Silent Hill.

----
The first thing I've noticed is that the three main verses of the song can refer to Alessa, Cheryl and Heather, or even the boys, Harry and James.
It is interesting that each verse refers to an specific Silent Hill game of the series, in a sequel.
The first stanza says "I am the first. The shadow at the end of the hallway." For me this is referring to Alessa, because she actually is the shadow at the end of the hallway, that is, the "dark" Cheryl. But it could also be Harry, he is the shadow because he is almost always alone in the sceneries, he ends up being the only shadow. Or maybe this part of the song is referring to Pyramid Head in the second game, especially the first meeting of the player with this character.
Well, the next part of the song says "I spin the carousel" which refers to Pyramid Head. He literally spins the carousel.
After that, " The laughter recedes away", which it might be talking about Cheryl's nightmare, or maybe her dark side, Alessa. The "laughter" refers to people's laughter, or maybe the happy society of Silent Hill, but Cheryl's nightmare scared these people away, which means no more laughters. So, the more the carousel spins, the more darkness will come.
The part where is said " My finger on your lips, I stole something precious" means that Alessa stole part of Cheryl, when her soul was split in two halves, or that she stole Cheryl from Harry.
" I am the second, alone in a faceless crowd" could tell us about James. James is alone with some monsters, and these monsters don't have faces.
Now, where it says " A human caught. In monochrome dreams I scream to wake up" is James thinking about Mary. His dead wife is the one of the people who has a human caught. The monochrome dream is the darkness coming, which keeps the voices in James' head screaming.
The next part of the songs is saying " My voice drowns deep underground. Only the dead can hear, see me". It could be both Valtiel or James. Valtiel is close to being something like "The god of death", he goes after the dead, so only the dead can see him and listen to him. But if it's referring to James, the part where it says " My voice drowns deep underground" would mean that every time he goes deeper on this game, he will end up in some place that no one can listen to him. The another part of this verse says that he is the only person "alive" there, knowing that the others are monsters and people from his imagination( or maybe not...?) Anyway, James "invented" Maria, because she represented his dead wife. As we know that Maria dies several times on the game, we can presume that James can't accept that his wife passed away. Inside his mind she needs to be alive somehow. And there is also Angela, she could be considered a dead person because she was going crazy, she didn't use to think as she did before.
"I am the third, a master, a sentinel of awakeness". Heather, or the god who's inside of her, waiting to be awaken.
" I hold the truth like a torch. Shadows flicker before me". It also says about the god of The Order's cult. This god will always hold the truth for those who believe him. The shadows that flicker before him are the religious people that believe him.
" Rapid eye follow the chain of thought until the silence ends" is the last sentence. In my opinion, it's telling that the god and the religious people will always follow it( even in their dreams). The impure ones need to be punished, and then the silence ends. The religious' voices will be heard.
-----
Sorry for my poor English, I'm not very pro at it. But anyway! I want you, people, to share your opinions with me.

‎‎‎‎

Rain of Brass Petals

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:02 pm

Wait, What?
I lost my head again, would you cry for me?

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Rain of Brass Petals

Post by Otherworld on Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:09 pm

I think the general idea of the song is that each verse represents the games in numerical sequence.

Alkina

Rain of Brass Petals

Post by Alkina on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Yeah, me too. I think that each verse represents the games in numeral sequences too.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Rain of Brass Petals

Post by Otherworld on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:43 am

Although some of your ideas seem to be hit and miss. The general consensus is that the song talks about all 3 games and their protagonists.

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill