Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

narwhalsnbears

Intergalactic Nomad

Bear wave!

Post by narwhalsnbears on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Hey SHC! Been craving SH interaction for eons, although the only games I've really played are the first four, so I'm out of touch outside of those titles. BUT THAT'S OKAY!

I'm into geography and mapping, martial arts, fire dancing, cooking and fermenting, adventure traveling, backpacking, and bears. I'm currently reading "Population Wars," by Greg Graffin. I've been listening to a range of genres from folk, celtic trads, trance, punk, and post-black metal, and I've recently entered an 80's kick. In video games, I'm just starting MGSV: Phantom Pain and I have a Mario Kart 64 tournament at a pub coming up where I plan on layin' the method down like it's 1996 again.

The first four Silent Hill titles were critical contributions to my love and curiosity of the dark and immersive. The first SH came out around the time I moved to the United States, when I was wee lad, but it wasn't until SH2 when I fell in love. I found symbology relatable and human connections through the creatures, beauty in the spaces between fantasy and illusion and multiple realities, the drive to seek and solve, the fulfillment, the music, the characters.. And this persisted into SH3 and SH4 like a plague. Though, my experience is mainly confided in just those titles. I've played a little Shattered Memories and SH5 since, but never had a system to play the other titles.

Anyway, I'm here to connect with YOU. Looking forward to being on the forums!
Narwhals & Bears
coming to you in technicolor from the Other Side

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Bear wave!

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Greetings and Salutations.

I am a big fan of Silent Hill 2 as well. :nom:
Last edited by Otherworld on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:48 am.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Bear wave!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Bear wave!

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Hello and welcome! Here, have a health drink! :health:
ImageImageImage

Kurosawa

Bear wave!

Post by Kurosawa on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Welcome!

Vestige

Bear wave!

Post by Vestige on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Bear wave!

Post by Xuchilbara on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi and welcome.

What kind of martial arts? I used to do wah lum tam tui kung fu and tae kwon do. We live up in the mountains so we love to hike where I live and we love bears.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

narwhalsnbears

Intergalactic Nomad

Bear wave!

Post by narwhalsnbears on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

@Purramid_Head Wow, wah lum tam kung fu! I also have a kung fu (shao lin) and tae kwon do background. The arts that I've been the most invested in for the longest, though, have been bagua, xing yi, and tai chi. It has been all about the internal martial arts in the past few years. And I love that YOU love bears! It's a problem how much I'm obsessed with them.. even identifying as one, haha.
Narwhals & Bears
coming to you in technicolor from the Other Side

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Bear wave!

Post by Xuchilbara on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:25 am

narwhalsnbears wrote:Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

@Purramid_Head Wow, wah lum tam kung fu! I also have a kung fu (shao lin) and tae kwon do background. The arts that I've been the most invested in for the longest, though, have been bagua, xing yi, and tai chi. It has been all about the internal martial arts in the past few years. And I love that YOU love bears! It's a problem how much I'm obsessed with them.. even identifying as one, haha.

Haha I have a friend who identifies as a bear too. He's cool.

Yeah, I love Tai Chi and I miss it. If I could I would get back into feng shui. I do like using wu xing in my own practices every now and gain.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill