Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Zach'sdaymare

tv series?

Post by Zach'sdaymare on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Hey guys I'm new to this sight so yeah but I have a question for the silent hill fans. What would you think about a silent hill
Tv series? I have asked this question to almost everyone u know and they say it wouldn't work. I ask also because silent hill brings the nightmares of someone's dreams to reality. So it says about pyramid head Is that he is more attracted to those who are dealing with a kind of guilt or something that haunts them. So tell me what you would think

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

tv series?

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 am

Depends how they did it, I'd love a series where each episode has a different character experiencing Silent Hill.
But sadly, I think whatever happens will just be wasted on the cynical-before-their-time modern audience.

"Urgh! 'Monster of the week' episodes. Urgh! So patronizing!"

Well piss off and watch another programme then! (That's not directed at you Zach!) I love monster of the week stories. It's a series where monsters appear. Hence some weeks one monster might be more prominent than the others. They've already ruined Doctor Who by making it more about the main character getting further and further up their own arse! (IMO)
I think the biggest problem with a Silent Hill TV series is the old "When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing nobody."
Plus I don't think the budget exists to make a TV series about Silent Hill. Now if they made it a cartoon, that might work. But would probably attract a completely different audience. ("Silent Hill GO!" remains a fantasy of mine! But what would the Nurses and Pyramid Head do on their days off when not persecuting people?)

Whatever the project, it needs a producer with a vision and the steel constitution to not be bothered by that minority of fans who will hate it no matter what. And by trying to appease those people, you end up with a show that nobody else will watch.
That's another thing, nobody seems to be wanting to make a show that's a "cult". Shows become cult.

But that said, if it ever gets made into a series, for better or worse, I'm watching it!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

tv series?

Post by Otherworld on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 am

Zach'sdaymare wrote:Hey guys I'm new to this sight so yeah but I have a question for the silent hill fans. What would you think about a silent hill
Tv series? I have asked this question to almost everyone u know and they say it wouldn't work. I ask also because silent hill brings the nightmares of someone's dreams to reality. So it says about pyramid head Is that he is more attracted to those who are dealing with a kind of guilt or something that haunts them. So tell me what you would think

Greeting and salutations Zach'sdaymare.

I have always though a series, kind of like True Detectives would work well for Silent Hill. Just a self contained story, put together and then end it. Nothing on going with 5-6 seasons. Just a solid well put together one shot deal. In that sense I think it could work out very well.

Zach'sdaymare

tv series?

Post by Zach'sdaymare on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:43 am

Both make a good point you know if they,could do it with a different character each episode that would be really cool, but not alot of people are really interested you know its a great idea but it probably wouldn't hit off that well id love that . Having a tv series, but id rather see It take off than not take off at all

Otherworld

tv series?

Post by Otherworld on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:48 am

Zach'sdaymare wrote:Both make a good point you know if they,could do it with a different character each episode that would be really cool, but not alot of people are really interested you know its a great idea but it probably wouldn't hit off that well id love that . Having a tv series, but id rather see It take off than not take off at all

I don't know, I mean there are a lot of darker TV series popping up all over the place. American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, and True Detectives ( the 1st season ) are good examples.

If Silent Hill is done right, via the calling of an individual with guilt to town because of their sins. I think it is something that would be very good. It just needs the right people behind the project as execution would be key.

Zach'sdaymare

tv series?

Post by Zach'sdaymare on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 am

Exactly I think the whole idea is just amazing but how would they go about doing it? is the question

Otherworld

tv series?

Post by Otherworld on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:52 am

You'd have to break down stories like Downpour and SH2 into episodes.

Zach'sdaymare

tv series?

Post by Zach'sdaymare on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 am

That's understandable

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill