Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

NoteChaser

I am Saari.

The Note Chaser enters Silent Hill Community.

Post by NoteChaser on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:17 pm

In my restless dreams, I see that town... James. You made me happy. NOT.

There might be a bit of spoilers further down in this presentation on SH2, so if you haven't played it, just say hi.

Where to start? My fiancé loves Silent Hill, I never understood the fuzz about it until I sat down with SH2 (it was what she recommended med to start with) and I finished the game in 29 hours and 46 minutes with one game over even though I was prepared to kill Maria at times and lose. I was completely devoted to the game, to Silent Hill, to the town, the characters and the understanding and the misunderstandings of the meaning of all of this. I have to admit, my girlfriend gave me hints when I got lost and I started at the beginners level, but it was enough to make me go crazy about the game, about the concept.

Now I'm playing SH3 at the normal level and it's far more difficult than SH2. I like it a lot though, because of the occult additions to the story, and I also love Heather and her smart and funny comments about everything. I've only saved for 2 hours of playing and I've got a game over several times, probably because I'm more a confronter/killer than a runner. I think ALL monsters shall be killed, I'm not happy just running away from them. I hate just leaving them because I've got limited bullets and health.

I prefer the hand gun as a weapon. Easy to use and I'm most comfortable with it.

Back to SH2. It wasn't very hard to kill Eddie, I might say. And the food table man that tortured Angela wasn't too scary until I read what horrible monster her "daddy" was later on the Internet.

I'm a 28 year old girl from Sweden and I've had loads of both fun and scares in Silent Hill. Pyramid Head's got loads of Swedish nicknames from us since it doesn't make sense with monsters having a pyramid on their heads. Mostly we call Pyramid Head "The bathtub man" and other more creative names. Seems about right I think.

The thing is, I've played a lot of video games but this series of games, the Silent Hill games, are more than games for me. It's pure war and it's thrilling, exciting in a new way and my favorite horror game. It's truly unique. We've just bought SH4: The Room and I can barely wait to start playing it. I make plans for my days to play these games, two to four hours at the evening (impossible to play in daylight) and I'm in love with the concept as I am sure that you are too.

Well, other facts about me? I'm a musician and play quite a lot of instruments but preferably the drums, guitar the ukulele and piano. I design music boxes and I've started making my own melodies and I dream about building my own programmable music box. I work with people with mental health issues and my main part at my job is listening and helping people out in the music studio at work. I like it there very much.

I also play games on NES and N64, but when I play Silent Hill I'm not playing, I'm on a mission. It's some sort of religion to me and when I close my eyes at night, I find myself at the alternate mall with monsters that I have to kill with my steel pipe. I'm saving my ammunition for monsters that make more damage to me if I get in their way.

I've got three cat's and a dog, I'm idolizing Marilyn Monroe and Andy Warhol and have a passion for modern art. I'm mostly a people person, and I am very interested in other peoples backgrounds and personal stories.

Honestly, I'm not sure that there will be a game in this genre that I will like better. My fiancé is telling me about other games like Project Zero, but maybe later. I wanna kick some monsters asses in SH3 and complete the game. I was so pleased with finishing SH2 and I want more, need more. I was thinking about doing a speed run on SH2 to get another ending but right now it's the third game that's in focus.

Is it me, or are the monsters harder to kill in SH2 than in SH3? Or is it just because I'm playing on a more difficult level?

Thank you for welcoming me to Silent Hill Community. You can trust in me, I'm in it for the kill, the puzzles are fun and clever, and so am I...

I've already found threads that makes me laugh, like the one where you're discussing if you've ever been cruel to Maria. She's such a pain. And I never hesitated in killing Eddie, why are you feasting on a pizza after puking like a goat in the Apartment? He's crazy. And Angela... She's disturbed.

So am I too, though.

You need to be a bit crazy to enter Silent Hill willingly.

I'm looking forward to get to know you and really get geeky about these games and the town Silent Hill. Thanks for letting me join and all the best from me.

And no, I never use beef jerky. I tried but it didn't work as I thought it should.

"Everything you need is around you, the only danger is inside you."

Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Post by Vengur on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:42 am

That's quite a handful for an introduction. Either way, welcome to the fold. I hope you and your fiance enjoy your stay in SHC
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:08 am

Greetings and Salutations

NoteChaser

I am Saari.

Post by NoteChaser on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:26 pm

Sorry, I tend to write a lot when posting things on forums. I'm very excited to have found this place :)
"Everything you need is around you, the only danger is inside you."

DevilsThunder

Just a Silent Hill Fan

Post by DevilsThunder on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:08 am

Welcome :D

Lain

Post by Lain on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 am

What's so hard about using beef jerky?

Step 1: Put in mouth
Step 2: Chew (optional)
Step 3: Swallow

:lol:

Anyway, welcome to this place. It ain't half of what some Silent Hill forums of olde were, but it's okay I guess. Above average, if I had to rank it in comparison to most other forums. :P

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Welcome here.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 pm

NoteChaser, you really talks a lot… please ask your girlfriend to join the community too, I want to know how she handle with you!

Ok, now you know me, right? Welcome!!!

I'm glad you already buy SH4, but there is no need to hurry, SH2 needs to be ended many times so you will understand better and enjoy more, specially chatting here. SH3, at list tree times, than you go back here, post some and we will say if you are ready do move on.

See you around!

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill