Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

AgentSpike

I'm new here

Post by AgentSpike on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:11 am

Hi everyone! My name is Jonathan but you can call me John. I'm a Silent Hill fan. I've played Silent Hill Shattered Memories, 2, 3, and 4. I want to play the first one but I'm broke and I live in a country that game stores don't sell old games. I hope someday I'll get it. Anyways I hope I can meet cool people here and talk about Silent Hill :)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

I'm new here

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 am

Greetings and Salutations.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

I'm new here

Post by Princess Kenny on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:33 am

Hello & Welcome.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

MurphyPendleton

Don't Call Me Cupcake

I'm new here

Post by MurphyPendleton on Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Silent Hill 1 was the last game I played in the series, I got mine as a gift from a friend that ordered it online. I didn't have a Playstation memory card either so I played it all in one night haha.
By the way the people here are awesome ;)

AgentSpike

I'm new here

Post by AgentSpike on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 pm

MurphyPendleton wrote:Silent Hill 1 was the last game I played in the series, I got mine as a gift from a friend that ordered it online. I didn't have a Playstation memory card either so I played it all in one night haha.
By the way the people here are awesome ;)

That's awesome! I wish I had a friend to buy me SH1! Haha.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

I'm new here

Post by CrazyCatLady on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Hello and welcome! The Grey are here.

Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

I'm new here

Post by Leonard Wolf on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:07 am

Be welcome, enjoy your stay, we've been expecting you.XD
And about the first game, if you want play it so badly but you're not finding it to buy, then why don't you download it from the internet and use an emulator to play it? There's a lot of isos, roms and image files of the game available for download on the internet.
Or you can buy the game via internet from websites like eBay, amazon or others for a good price, and if you don't find the game on these websites there are other thousands you can search, because you can find absolutely anything you want to buy on the internet, so I think it won't be so difficult for you to find the game, even if it's used.
I don't know where you are from, but in my country at least the piracy is the most common thing from here, because everybody does it, so much so that people use to sell pirated things in the streets, including games.
And for that I, for example, download my games from the internet myself and record them on blank dvds to play them in my consoles, and the ones I don't record I play in my computer itself.
So good luck for you and I hope you can find the first game, if you want it so badly, I hope I have helped you!=)

AgentSpike

I'm new here

Post by AgentSpike on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:09 am

Leonard Wolf wrote:Be welcome, enjoy your stay, we've been expecting you.XD
And about the first game, if you want play it so badly but you're not finding it to buy, then why don't you download it from the internet and use an emulator to play it? There's a lot of isos, roms and image files of the game available for download on the internet.
Or you can buy the game via internet from websites like eBay, amazon or others for a good price, and if you don't find the game on these websites there are other thousands you can search, because you can find absolutely anything you want to buy on the internet, so I think it won't be so difficult for you to find the game, even if it's used.
I don't know where you are from, but in my country at least the piracy is the most common thing from here, because everybody does it, so much so that people use to sell pirated things in the streets, including games.
And for that I, for example, download my games from the internet myself and record them on blank dvds to play them in my consoles, and the ones I don't record I play in my computer itself.
So good luck for you and I hope you can find the first game, if you want it so badly, I hope I have helped you!=)

I thought about doing that, but it's not the same you know?
I never bought anything from the Internet and I'm scared that they might screw me over. I don't trust it that much, but one day I might give it a try.
I'm from Argentina and the same thing happens here. All my ps2 games are pirated. I hate that because I'm more of a collector. I like to have legit copies of games.
And thank you, you helped me a bit :)

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

I'm new here

Post by Crystopsy on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Welcome aboard, brotha'! We do hope you enjoy your stay, because we're gonna keep you here foreverrrrrrr! ;)

Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

I'm new here

Post by Leonard Wolf on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Yeah, I see, I understand you.
But I think you shouldn't be afraid of buying stuff via internet, because I always did it (I think it's been 8 years since I buy stuff I like via internet) and never happened anything wrong, of course there are also chances to happen something wrong, but this is something that MIGHT happen, so I think you shouldn't be afraid and take the risk, because this is always what I do when I want something which there isn't in my town, but before buying I always (of course) search to find a good website to buy my stuff, to make sure I'm buying from a honest company. But like I said, up until now I never had any problem with the websites/companies from which I bought my stuff, they always sent me them via mail correctly.

And I also understand things are also like this in your country, since our countries are very similar huh?XD
But what can we do? Who is poor has no other choice but to resort to piracy XD, but you know what? I don't bother very much about it, because I'm already used to it and for me at least, I think there aren't differences between the original games and the pirated ones except for the price, because I suppose that when we play, it's the same thing, the same experience.
But maybe for whom likes to collect like you they have its value.
And yes, absolutely ALL my games are pirated too, I never had originals, and I think I don't even make a point of having.

And well... I don't want to disappoint you, but if you want the first game only original, I think you must know that PS1 games are no longer manufactured, right? Well, at least the originals, but there are a lots of pirated, available for download on the internet like I told you, so... I'm sorry, but if you want a PS1 game, no matter which, you won't find it original to buy, and if you do, you'll find it used, only.:/

Vestige

I'm new here

Post by Vestige on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:39 am

Hi Johnny.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

I'm new here

Post by PinentidHead on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:32 am

Hi. Welcome! You're from Argentina's army, hum... quizá nos encontraremos en el pampa...

Here in Brazil, I buy in ebay for many years and is rare to have problems. Only one time, my item never came. I agree play in a emulator is not the same, never like it. If you have a PSone, finding a SH1 copy in ebay is the better solution, but might be expansive. I bought mine for PS3 in us psn - cheaper. I sell my psone and after many years I decided to play it again to see if it's really a good game, and after five minutes playing that "primitive" game with so low res that I can see the pixels as boxes, I forgot, get into the game and, what the hell, the game is good! It's a classic that will last, don't give up of obtaining your copy!

AgentSpike

I'm new here

Post by AgentSpike on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks Leonard Wolf and PinentidHead. I won't give up until I find a used copy of Silent Hill. I'll give ebay a try too.

Vestige

I'm new here

Post by Vestige on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:29 am

AgentSpike wrote:Thanks Leonard Wolf and PinentidHead. I won't give up until I find a used copy of Silent Hill. I'll give ebay a try too.

Dude, where'd you park the Swordfish? Get back on le Bebop! :pirate:. Be welcome pibe.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

I'm new here

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:02 am

Hi Angent Spike.

First off, I love Spike. Cowboy bebop is one of the best animes of all time. Loved Yoko Kanno's music composition in the series too. She also did a good job on Escaflowne.

Second off, I don't know about Argentina. However, if you have a PS3 you can dl the first game for ten usd. Hope that helps.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

I'm new here

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:45 am

Welcome to the forum!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

AgentSpike

I'm new here

Post by AgentSpike on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:24 am

Purramid_Head wrote:Hi Angent Spike.

First off, I love Spike. Cowboy bebop is one of the best animes of all time. Loved Yoko Kanno's music composition in the series too. She also did a good job on Escaflowne.

Second off, I don't know about Argentina. However, if you have a PS3 you can dl the first game for ten usd. Hope that helps.

Hi there!

I have to agree, Cowboy Beebop is my favorite anime of all time. Ahh man, Yoko Kanno did a wonderful job. One of the many reasons why I love the anime so much.

I did not know that since I don't have a ps3. I feel like buying one but since the ps4 came out, I rather save a little more and get that instead.

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

I'm new here

Post by Wilsden Hills on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:23 am

Welcome to the forums Agent Spike :) are you still looking for SH1? I initially went for the quick solution of downloading the ISO to play on the pSX emulator, that was my first experience of the game and it ticks 99% of the boxes no problem. If you have dropbox I can send you the files if you like.
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

I'm new here

Post by Otherworld on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Greetings and Salutations

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill