Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

kittysixx

Silent Hill: Something quite eerie...

Post by kittysixx on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:43 am

I don't use these forums at all and don't know how to use them really lol
But I need to find out something and see if anyone knows what it is.
So I thought I'd come on this forum and ask the die hard Silent Hill fans if they have any info on the topic..

In the very first Silent Hill movie there is a particular scene in the movie that shows my last name on a shop sign.
As my last name is not a very common name, I found it quite interesting, but creepy at the same time.

It's the scene where Rose's husband, Christopher, and Officer Gucci are driving through the town and they come to a barber shop called Gucci Bros. Officer Gucci starts to explain to Christopher that it was owned by his family.
Immediately before the barber shop is another shop that has 'MAICH' on it.

I was kind of wow'd when I first watched the movie and saw my last name come up in one of my favorite horror movies.
So if anyone knows any information about this such as if it was the last name of someone involved in the making of the movie or a company name or even if anyone knows what street this scene was shot in, comments would be appreciated! :)

MuFc l mAtt

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:28 am

I have no info regarding your question, but I'll drop by with my mandatory 'Hiya and welcome'! Everybody gets one. =P
-

Moss

Post by Moss on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 am

As it's based in Pennsylvania, and the state is famous for their Pennsylvanian Dutch population, I believe they chose a common surname of these people as the store name, frequently derived from the owner's name. German sound sound official with branding, too, and typically creates a nice title.

My theory, anyway, and my reasoning is definitely extremely assuming to potentially be flawed. You could search for a crew list fully?
Silent Hill abbreviated is SH. Survival Horror abbreivated is SH. If you pronounce 'SH' in a Japanese accent, it it pronounced as 'see'. Do you 'see' Silent Hill is the Survival of Survival Horror- the prophet?

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill