Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Silverriver

Hello everyone

Post by Silverriver on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Greetings everyone! I somehow got linked here from Alchemilla Hospital, liked the look and the people here, and decided to join. I've only really been a SH fan for a few months, though I've known of the series for a couple of years. I will stick around and watch all of you from the shadows, because I'm too scared of you to post anything. SH2 and Shattered Memories are my two favorites games in the series.
BTW, sorry if I misspell anything, english is not my native language.
Anyway, nice to meet you all!
I am the ghost of Team Silent. Obey me, for my word is Canon.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Hello everyone

Post by Otherworld on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Greetings and Salutations

Vestige

Hello everyone

Post by Vestige on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Be welcome!, i remember when i joined i had the same feeling, i must tell you there are many users here who are very wise in SH and other related topics, so i took the time to read around and try to get a hold of the data provided by them, and i'm sure you (as i) will learn a lot so keep your eyes open.

Don't be scared tho, but still be aware that going into debate isn't taken lightly here, if you wish to give an opinion keep in mind it's an opinion only (and be prepared for disagreement), if you wish to state facts you must have the arguments to support them (that's why i just give opinions mostly xD).

Anyway, welcome and have fun! :pirate:. And be scared, specially of cats :twisted:.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hello everyone

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi and welcome!

Have a health drink: :health:
ImageImageImage

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Hello everyone

Post by Wilsden Hills on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forums Silverriver :) I love your avatar! 8-)
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Meltdown

Hello everyone

Post by Meltdown on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:05 am

Welcome! SH2 and Shattered Memories? What an odd combo to like the best. But I guess SH fans are all pretty unique.. Have you played all of the games in the series?
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Hello everyone

Post by CrazyCatLady on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:10 am

Hello hello and welcome! Watch out for the aliens. Take pictures!

Silverriver

Hello everyone

Post by Silverriver on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:20 am

Meltdown wrote:Welcome! SH2 and Shattered Memories? What an odd combo to like the best. But I guess SH fans are all pretty unique.. Have you played all of the games in the series?

No, I've only played 1-3, SM and Downpour. I avoided 4, Origins and HC because everyone said they sucked :?

Meltdown

Hello everyone

Post by Meltdown on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 am

Silverriver wrote:
Meltdown wrote:Welcome! SH2 and Shattered Memories? What an odd combo to like the best. But I guess SH fans are all pretty unique.. Have you played all of the games in the series?

No, I've only played 1-3, SM and Downpour. I avoided 4, Origins and HC because everyone said they sucked :?
If you enjoyed SH1, I would definitely recommend playing Origins. Homecoming... Eh, a lot of people didn't like it, but I did.

I'm just surprised you liked SM. It seems like it was one of the least popular installments, while SH2 seems to have been the most popular.

Borg

Ghost

Hello everyone

Post by Borg on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 am

Welcome! We hope you'll like it here.

Give those games a chance, I mean you probably wouldn't play SM and Downpour as well if you listened to others.

Silverriver

Hello everyone

Post by Silverriver on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 am

Meltdown wrote:
Silverriver wrote:

If you enjoyed SH1, I would definitely recommend playing Origins. Homecoming... Eh, a lot of people didn't like it, but I did.

I'm just surprised you liked SM. It seems like it was one of the least popular installments, while SH2 seems to have been the most popular.

Nice, I'll try and get a hold of Origins then :D
As for SM, I definitely think it's underrated. The chase sequences where pretty annoying at times, but it didn't bother me too much. I just really loved the story, characters and athmosphere. Someone dealing with the death of a loved one is maybe less dramatic or "Silent Hill-y" than the sacrifice of children or killing your wife, but that just made it more real/relatable to me. I thought it was handled very well, as different from the previous games as it was.

Meltdown

Hello everyone

Post by Meltdown on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:00 am

Silverriver wrote:
Meltdown wrote:
Silverriver wrote:

Nice, I'll try and get a hold of Origins then :D
As for SM, I definitely think it's underrated. The chase sequences where pretty annoying at times, but it didn't bother me too much. I just really loved the story, characters and athmosphere. Someone dealing with the death of a loved one is maybe less dramatic or "Silent Hill-y" than the sacrifice of children or killing your wife, but that just made it more real/relatable to me. I thought it was handled very well, as different from the previous games as it was.

I should give it another play through.. I did not mind the story angle and characters, just the chase sequences and lack of combat wasn't really my style. Again though, every SH fan seems to have a different take on each game, and the series as a whole. I think that is part of the reason that SH fans are able to keep debating and discussing even the original Team Silent games, which are 10+ years old now.

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Hello everyone

Post by Crystopsy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:59 am

Hello and welcome to the community, Silverriver! Glad to have you aboard!

I hope to see you posting when you get more acquainted with the forum. Don't be shy. :)

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Hello everyone

Post by Wilsden Hills on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:34 am

Silverriver wrote:

Hey there's only ever one way to discover if a game's any good or not....play it yourself!!

Everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking games. The popular opinion on these forums is that 0rigins is a great game - it didn't do much for me; whereas Homecoming, which I'm near completing my first playthrough, is magnificent. To each their own! I can only recommend playing the lot, and sharing your thoughts here as you work your way through the unplayed titles :)
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Hello everyone

Post by Crystopsy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 am

Wilsden Hill wrote:Hey there's only ever one way to discover if a game's any good or not....play it yourself!!

Right on! Don't let people dictate what you should or shouldn't play. Try it out first-hand for yourself! :)

MuFc l mAtt

Hello everyone

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Hiya and welcome! And as Cry said, don't be shy... we're a friendly bunch, if a little crazy. :P

Wilsden Hill wrote:The popular opinion on these forums is that 0rigins is a great game - it didn't do much for me; whereas Homecoming, which I'm near completing my first playthrough, is magnificent

I really must continue my playthrough of Origins. I put it down mid-January and didn't return again, even though I was straight up LOVING the game. :? But yeah, Homecoming 4 dayz!!
-

Deadalux

Hello everyone

Post by Deadalux on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Hello and welcome!

I think that being shy is a fine thing.
***Keep in mind whats important, even if it doesn't come true, at least you became someone who would fight for what they believe in! Much love to you all, everybody***

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Hello everyone

Post by CrazyCatLady on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Silverriver wrote:

You need to play the games for yourself to make judgments on the games. Everyone is different so if someone else says it's bad, doesn't mean you'll find it the same way. Me, and quite a few others here too, actually thoroughly enjoyed those games, especially SH4. Origins and Homecoming weren't bad games either.

I'd highly suggest you play them. ;)

SilentT156

Hello everyone

Post by SilentT156 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:04 am

Hay how are you doing I am new to silent hill only beat the2 game playing 3 and 4 all so dose any one know why the mlp fans can have huge conventions and art,muics but not silent hill earth bound and any other game or show with a big fan base . I have noting against mlp in fact I am a Brony two but I mean come on there is a lot more metrical in silent hill to make a great and big convention

MuFc l mAtt

Hello everyone

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:40 pm

^You may want to create your own welcome thread, this could get confusing otherwise.
-

Next

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill