Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Misty Day

Remains of the Judgment

Caught in the Internet, Past my Bedtime

Post by Misty Day on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 am

I was just hitting the random page button repeatedly on the Silent Hill Wiki in the hopes of a bit of inspiration to resurrect my favorite Silent Hill play by post message board. Somehow, the internet sucked me here. I like your look. I like the fact that people are still posting on topic. I like your contest. I may hang out a bit, get comfortable.

I really love Silent Hill. But because I do, sometimes I get a little vocal about the bits that I don't like (unresponsive controls in Origins, most of the gameplay of 4, the comic books, the fact that I paid real American money to buy Book of Memories and that it isn't just a bad dream that I had that can be erased by altering my diary). When I do go off on an unforgiving torrent of criticism, I don't mean to hurt any feelings. Mostly, I just want people to laugh. Laugh, and picture me screaming at my TV screen begging Travis to pick up the weapon that is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM which he STUBBORNLY REFUSES TO DO no matter how many times I JAM the interact button only to watch him deservedly killed by a monster. ARGH!

I mock out of love. Really. So if you don't like what I say, don't take it seriously. I probably don't. I even love Silent Hill when I hate Silent Hill and I wouldn't trade a moment of this crazy fandom. Even "Silent Hill's BM" (i.e. Book of Memories. Hey, at least my character in it is cute and there's a couple new songs I like). Wait, I lied. I actually would like to unsee the cheerleaders. Anyone who remembers them from the comics, I am so sorry to dredge up that memory, but I'm sure you'll agree.

What I love most about Silent Hill is you people. Honestly. A lot of people play a video game, beat it, and then pick up a new video game. Not Silent Hill fans. They put down the controller and pick up their guitars. They run to their sewing machines. They start working on novels, painting pictures, coding their own spin off games, composing new songs, hacking rpgs, drawing comics, making films. They debate and create mythologies. Other games may have obsessive fans, but they can't touch the crazy inspiration and astonishing volume and quality of output from the Silent Hill crowd. I've probably had way more fun with Silent Hill when I wasn't playing the games, just hanging out online making up new stories with people I'd never have met without Harry Mason, listening to fan created music. What is it about a bunch of gory video games that brings out the creativity in people? How can pixels and awkward translations from Japanese make adult professionals stop what they're doing, put the kids to bed, and write fanfic or build big pointy helmets for themselves? Cybil's wrong. We're not on drugs. It's kinda magic.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 am

Hello & Welcome.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:39 am

Welcome, we hope you'll like it here :)

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Post by Crystopsy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:45 am

Welcome to the community, Misty Day! Glad to have you aboard! :)

MuFc l mAtt

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:51 am

Hiya and welcome! And cool introduction. :)
-

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:17 am

Greetings and Salutations

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Post by Wilsden Hills on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 am

Welcome to the forums Misty Day, that is indeed a fine intro! Not just because 0rigins made me want to hurt people in frustration :lol:

Have fun here, you've found your online ancient Indian spiritual home :P
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Hello hello and welcome! Look out for the aliens, they're watching us.

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello, glad to have you join this madne... i mean this nice friendly community :D.

Misty Day

Remains of the Judgment

Post by Misty Day on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Wow, that was the quickest ten posts I've ever made. I came for the contest, but it looks like I'm staying to champion Douglas Cartland as an awesome potential protagonist and to hound people into making a Silent Hill RPG. Totally loving your board, guys. Thanks!

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Post by Wilsden Hills on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Misty Day wrote:Wow, that was the quickest ten posts I've ever made. I came for the contest.....Totally loving your board, guys. Thanks!

Only another four to go then! ;)

This place really is the place to be for insightful and enlightening discussion of all things Silent Hill, it's full of folk who feel just like yourself, ie blown away by masterful and highly intelligent game design, and are blown away enough to want to let all their thoughts and feelings splurge out to other folk who know where you're at and where you've just come from. Stick around :)
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill