Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Abyssmaladroit

Silent Hill2 first play-through

Post by Abyssmaladroit on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I figured this topic has been covered before, but, being a new member, I feel I should tell. Without a doubt, this is the game (and series of) I have been attatched to. This was my first game after buying a PS2. I marveled at the graphics, (previous system a PS) and was eager to explore every corner of this Silent Hill. The experience was truly exceptional. (as was SH1, why I so anticipated SH2) Do you remember walking down the dirt path from atop the restroom/parking area overlooking the lake and the sounds of a phantom-like boar lurking in the brush as you descended? Unseen, the sounds continued. I arrived at a lower level, in the towns dirty outskirts, and soon moving alongside the drainage/concrete area. Walking alonside the path, I jolted and froze in terror as I was greeted by the cries of the dead. To this day, the "theme" of the town in this game is my undisputed favorite composition from Mr Yamaoka. Zombie harping and the sensation of drowning in silence instantly pulled me in. The most terrifying experience my first time was in the lower depths of the Historical Society in Toluca Prison. I paused to view the map, and saw that the map had "changed", and I felt that the game came alive and was starting to invade my reality. What are your favorite compositions from the series? "A Stray Child" is definitely high on my list. "You're Not Here" is my favorite Silent Hill theme. "Rain Of Brass Petals" (three voices edit in particular) "Heads No. 2" always brings me a full body shiver, most especially in game just after you give "sacrifice" in blood. One of the best scenes in the game, I think.

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Having only recently finished the game for the first time myself, I can only agree with you on the impact it has, reverberating through every ounce of your fibre on many distinctly separate levels and as a whole, at the same time. Seems many folk here are of similar mind, it's always good to know you're in the company of people who recognise class when they see it :)

The entire soundtrack is the work of genius and I find it hard to differentiate between certain parts being better than others, but from the moment True played in-game to the final credit I was in pieces, so if any one track stands out for me it's that.

This should probably be in the SH2 sub-forum, wonder if the mods have the town siren on their PCs to alert them to the need for a quick bit of thread reshuffling? :ninja:
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Post by Crystopsy on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:50 am

Hello and welcome! :pirate:

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Greetings and salutations !

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Yeah, this could probably go in the SH2 forum. This forum is mainly for first introductions.

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Welcome! We hope you'll like it here.

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill