Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Abyssmaladroit

Silent Hill themed forest/town/resort

Post by Abyssmaladroit on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Is anyone aware of the existence of, and/or current/future plans to create a Silent Hill themed forest/town/resort with sound built-in to trees/surroundings to accurately emulate the experience of being there? Silent Hill is, and will always be my go to video "game", even in consideration of such classics as Castlevania (Castlevania, Simon's Quest (Nintendo) , Super Castlevania IV & Castlevania Bloodlines in particular) and the more recent Resident Evil series (RE4 being one of the all time greats) For many years Akira Yamaoka has been my choice composer, NIN a very close contender. I have wanted to visit Silent Hill for so long, but since I'm unaware of its true location, I have been considering a replacement here. (a "ghost town" or otherwise abandoned place) If I had the funds to do so, for instance, if I were to win the lottery, this would be my first project. (post family related needs/desires to be fulfilled) It would, of course, cater to a particular clientele, yet open to any willing to make payment, and to include multiple dining locales, trails, streets plentiful with rows of empty houses at the ready, and perhaps even, to be used as housing for visitors to this "resort" or "vacation spot" upon request with an early booking. Also, the anime known as "Monster" is of such high quality, it is unlikely anything will surpass it. I stand by this statement and would not be surprised if others felt the same, but will calmly accept the other.

My name is Mark, I am new member. :halo:

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Hello and Welcome.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Post by Crystopsy on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Glad to have you aboard, Mark! :)

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Hello and welcome! Be watching for the aliens. Take pictures of their spacecrafts and send them to me! :mira:

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi and welcome, Mark!

Have a health drink: :health:
ImageImageImage

MuFc l mAtt

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Hiya! :D
-

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:53 pm

To answer your question, no I'm not aware of any plans to make a Silent Hill theme-town. Tbh the interest would wear pretty thin pretty quickly, there aren't that many SH fans as a percentage of overall population kicking around, so profitability-wise it's a non-starter, despite being a fundamentally cool idea.

Besides that, welcome to the forums 8-)
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Hello and welcome. I just wanted to post this link, I think you might find it interesting ......http://sometimes-interesting.com/2011/07/11/abandoned-resort-sanzhi-taiwan/

Abyssmaladroit

Post by Abyssmaladroit on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :health: glug-glug *health restored* Thanks, i'll be sure to keep my eye on the sky, :ninja: though there haven't been too many sightings since the UFO ending in SH1, which had me in a laughing fit so intense I could hardly draw breath (legit) :lol: But, I have witnessed something I cannot fully explain near my parents home. It was a bright, crystal-like object not remotely resembling a helicopter, plane, or the like, which moved about indepenently as if by control, seemingly hovering in a particular area above the woods near a friends house. Also, I dreamt of an alien disc-like craft landing across the way in a neighbors yard, pale, gangly, humanoid like beings exiting on a platform, while atop my parents roof. The next thing I remember is every star in the night sky being pulled into a vortex or blackhole, then suddenly an intense bright flash as if the universe imploded. Of course, neither of these were laughable like the UFO ending. What of a Silent Hill symposium, featuring Team Silent? I'm certain if the funds were pooled together, they could be booked at a venue at some point in the future and/or a Silent Hill retreat/vacation could be arranged for those willing to make the trip and brave the scariness within. A special panel for discussion with Akira Yamoka would be featured also, and in live concert.

Mark

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Abyssmaladroit wrote:What of a Silent Hill symposium, featuring Team Silent? I'm certain if the funds were pooled together, they could be booked at a venue at some point in the future and/or a Silent Hill retreat/vacation could be arranged for those willing to make the trip and brave the scariness within. A special panel for discussion with Akira Yamoka would be featured also, and in live concert.

Mark

Assuming they're still interested enough, or if we're being cynical, short of a bob or two, that's more likely than the theme park, Mark. Of course a one-off event would attract people from around the world, but in these austere times only the rich could afford flights to Japan, so maybe a symposium per continent / very major city would be a good bet, but still the organiser's are gonna require a lot of capital to pay for it - which is usually derived from pre-ticket sales so there'd need to be a good solid amount of interest (by which I mean money down).

Personally I'm feeling inclined to badger the UK or European festivals (and I'm sure everyone interested could do the same in their locale, predominantly the US on here it seems) to book Mr Yamaoka and his Band Silent to play - I can see him going down a downpour at Glastonbury or maybe Gentsefeesten or somesuch. In fact Gentsefeesten would be perfect, those Belgians know their stuff, and it's a multi-arts and culture citywide festival amongst which any number of Silent Hill-related concerts / symposiums / fancy-dress piss-ups could happily occur. Hmmm...
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Mertens

Silent Comrade

Post by Mertens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 pm

I wonder if there is any remnant of the set from the 2006 silent hill film? As I recall at least most of the streets scenery was shot in brampton, Canada I think.

Travesty

Post by Travesty on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:23 am

Abyssmaladroit wrote:Is anyone aware of the existence of, and/or current/future plans to create a Silent Hill themed forest/town/resort with sound built-in to trees/surroundings to accurately emulate the experience of being there? Silent Hill is, and will always be my go to video "game", even in consideration of such classics as Castlevania (Castlevania, Simon's Quest (Nintendo) , Super Castlevania IV & Castlevania Bloodlines in particular) and the more recent Resident Evil series (RE4 being one of the all time greats) For many years Akira Yamaoka has been my choice composer, NIN a very close contender. I have wanted to visit Silent Hill for so long, but since I'm unaware of its true location, I have been considering a replacement here. (a "ghost town" or otherwise abandoned place) If I had the funds to do so, for instance, if I were to win the lottery, this would be my first project. (post family related needs/desires to be fulfilled) It would, of course, cater to a particular clientele, yet open to any willing to make payment, and to include multiple dining locales, trails, streets plentiful with rows of empty houses at the ready, and perhaps even, to be used as housing for visitors to this "resort" or "vacation spot" upon request with an early booking. Also, the anime known as "Monster" is of such high quality, it is unlikely anything will surpass it. I stand by this statement and would not be surprised if others felt the same, but will calmly accept the other.

My name is Mark, I am new member. :halo:

Hiya.....wow I so wish there was something like that.....as long as it was atmospheric horror and not just made all hollywood blood and gore and silliness.....Id definately go!
You see it too? For me, it's always like this.

My site https://tulpaparanormal.wordpress.com/
and also:
Check out my Silent Hill/Lovecraft inspired you tube vids here - thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sammihi1/videos
and please subscribe!

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill