Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

antcarpendale

New and making something that Silent Hill fans might love...

Post by antcarpendale on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi everyone

I'm a UK film-maker and long-time Silent Hill fan. I have fond memories of playing SH2 in a dark, locked room of a university, where I worked as a night-shift security guard many years ago. The perfect environment to play my first SH game. Loved that world ever since.

I'm a huge fan of horror games, especially of the indie kind, and am currently Kickstarting a documentary to profile the best ones, including Silent Hill (Konami are on-board the project, as of yesterday!).
I want to raise funding so that I can interview many of the people behind the Silent Hill games and other survival horror developers, to make the definitive film about horror gaming - http://kck.st/1f1qMOY

Keen to hear what people's favourite games are, and who they'd most like to see interviewed. :)

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm

That. Is. Awesome. My favorite SH game is probably 2. It would be cool if you could interview Akira or Ito.

And welcome! Beware of the aliens. If you find any UFOs, take a picture and let me know. :mira:

antcarpendale

Post by antcarpendale on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 pm

WhiteClaudia wrote:That. Is. Awesome. My favorite SH game is probably 2. It would be cool if you could interview Akira or Ito.

And welcome! Beware of the aliens. If you find any UFOs, take a picture and let me know. :mira:

Glad you like the sound of it!
They'd be my choices too. I was listening to the extended SH 2 soundtrack yesterday, still sounds amazing. :)

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Welcome! We hope you'll like it here.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Welcome and keep us posted on you documentary.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm

antcarpendale wrote:
WhiteClaudia wrote:That. Is. Awesome. My favorite SH game is probably 2. It would be cool if you could interview Akira or Ito.

Glad you like the sound of it!
They'd be my choices too. I was listening to the extended SH 2 soundtrack yesterday, still sounds amazing. :)

Now that I'm on my comp, I'm going to expand on my SH favorites. Since it's so hard for me to say which game specifically I like the most I kind of split it in categories. SH2 is my favorite game in terms of storyline and characters. The depth of the story and the characters is a level, I feel, no other game has reached. SH3 was the most fun of them, and Heather is probably one of my favorite protagonists. SH4 has the best antagonist, and my favorite antagonist in the history of gaming. Oh, and it's the hardest in my opinion, and most unnerving. SH5 has the best monster design. And Shattered Memories is the best in terms of uniqueness and originality. Oh, and it has a whole quest dedicated to the aliens/UFOs, sooo.... :lol: Oh, and Mira.

Oh! And Silent Hill 2 definitely has one of the best soundtracks. Alone in the Town and Terror in the Depths of Fog are my two favorite SH songs. ^o^ Alone in the Town is like my theme song.

antcarpendale

Post by antcarpendale on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:45 pm

WhiteClaudia wrote: Now that I'm on my comp, I'm going to expand on my SH favorites. Since it's so hard for me to say which game specifically I like the most I kind of split it in categories. SH2 is my favorite game in terms of storyline and characters. The depth of the story and the characters is a level, I feel, no other game has reached. SH3 was the most fun of them, and Heather is probably one of my favorite protagonists. SH4 has the best antagonist, and my favorite antagonist in the history of gaming. Oh, and it's the hardest in my opinion, and most unnerving. SH5 has the best monster design. And Shattered Memories is the best in terms of uniqueness and originality. Oh, and it has a whole quest dedicated to the aliens/UFOs, sooo.... :lol: Oh, and Mira.

Oh! And Silent Hill 2 definitely has one of the best soundtracks. Alone in the Town and Terror in the Depths of Fog are my two favorite SH songs. ^o^ Alone in the Town is like my theme song.

Thanks for the welcome!
SH2 has such a unique feel to it, great sense of loneliness and impending doom. SH3 is enjoyable, and is still a great-looking game, and one of the best soundtracks. Shockingly I've yet to play Shattered Memories, although my friend Dissolved (composer and co-producer on my film) is a big fan. Really hope I get the chance to meet some of the people behind Silent Hill.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Hello & Welcome.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

masterinferno

Rabbity Enjoyment

Post by masterinferno on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Welcome! Beware of rabbits. :robbie: :grinrobbie: :robbiewink: :tonguer: :roll_robbie: :cool:

Also, when did we get three more rabbit emotes???
Fear the instruments of your salvation

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 pm

The rabbits are taking over the place, masterinferno...

And welcome to SHC, antcarpendale! :health:
ImageImageImage

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Post by Crystopsy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the community, friend! We hope you enjoy it here. :)

Oh, and good luck with that project! I'll be sure to pass the word along. Cheers.

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill