Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Dallow

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Dallow on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 pm

I found this place while looking up information on Silent Hill 2, so I thought I'd show my support by signing up and popping my head in here.

The first time I played SH was the demo that came with Metal Gear Solid. I still play it to this day as it has those knife-wielding babies that were censored from the European version of the game. When I bought the actual game, I was blown away. The sequel blew me away even more.

SH3 was okay, SH4 so-so; that's where my collection ends. I never bothered with the rest and shame on me, I guess. I just caught the trailer for Downpour and I like it. I will remain optimistic while lofting an eyebrow of uncertainty.

The movie was great too. Looking forward to the sequel.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm all about the first two games, especially SH2, which is one of my all-time faves. I keep on playing it even though I've seen every ending a dozen times. Sometimes I boot it up just to relax and explore the environments with a few beers. I'm still finding little things ten years on.

This is not the first SH community that I've joined. I did contribute to one a couple of years ago but found some of the members to be a little too serious when discussing the game. I mean it's okay to be a bit over-analytical here and there but when it comes to bashing other people for chipping in their two cents (not that I was bashed personally, merely the witness) then it takes the fun out of it all. And that's what the game is about at the end of the day - fun.

I also wanted to give some sugar to the accompanying website here. It's a great resource that I have found very informational, so keep up the good work.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I look forward to getting to know you all on the other boards. Peace.

Wren

^Perpetual Pepper Potts

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Wren on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Welcome, Dallow.
That was a very informative and straight forward introduction. My applause to you.
(You should really consider this a compliment, because I've read a lot of forum intros over the years. :) )

I hope you enjoy it here and come back often.

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, DESMOND HUME WILL BE MY CONSTANT

Dallow

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Dallow on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks for the welcome, Wren. :)

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Ol' skool lubber

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 am

Yes, if you were looking for SH2 stuff, Ratio's site is where you want to be.

Welcome to the forums! Sorry your country got the censored version. I played the MGS demo first too, but the US final version still had the mumblers, which I think worked so much better in the school than the claw monster thingies.

We try to keep things friendly around here. =0)
ImageImageImage

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Ratiocinator on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:47 am

Firstly, thank you for joining and supporting this place. We're small so every member here becomes very close and personal to one another (in a good way!) which I think makes this place strong despite its size.

Be sure to check out all SH sites affiliated with this place--they're all stellar and full of useful info and media. (You can view the sites by clicking the "Community Partners" subforum.)

Finally, sorry to hear of your not-so-good past experiences with other SH forums. You'll find soon that we push for intelligent SH discussions strongly here but despite the serious discussions, the members here rarely, if at all, bash others... if they disagree they counter-point instead of bash, like all civil conversations should be! And if they do bash, we usually get on their cases quickly. :)

So yeah, welcome!

Dallow

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Dallow on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks nur_ein_tier and Ratiocinator. I'll be sure to check out the affiliates, that's if I haven't already in my quest for info on SH2. Just now I was looking at the some of the posts in the forums here and I found quite a lot that I've not seen before.

Ratiocinator wrote:Finally, sorry to hear of your not-so-good past experiences with other SH forums. You'll find soon that we push for intelligent SH discussions strongly here but despite the serious discussions, the members here rarely, if at all, bash others... if they disagree they counter-point instead of bash, like all civil conversations should be! And if they do bash, we usually get on their cases quickly. :)

I'm all for intelligent banter and, like you say, civil conversation. I understand that people do get very attached to their games but I've never really been one for extreme fanboyism. I've browsed a number of SH forums (and other games) on the internet and have seen some shocking verbals just because a member would announce their liking for, let's say, SH4 over the other games. I personally think people should respect that somebody appreciates the same type of things at the end of the day.

You will notice with my posts that I try to make them count as something, whether I'm asking a question, making a point or just larking around (which I do quite a lot admittedly).

But yes, I'm thinking of firing up a SH1-3 series sesh soon and figured that'll probably end up wanting to discuss various stuff again. Saw this place and here I am. :D

TraceBASS

Once A Metal Man, Still Eating Stars

Ol' skool lubber

Post by TraceBASS on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 am

Welcome, Dallow! :D

I am part of the triumvirate that is the SHC Welcoming Committee...we are the faction that couldn't take this less seriously. :lol: Be prepared for strange discussions involving Ben Kingsley and being forced to clone yourself and eat your own arm...and that's the normal stuff... :twisted:

From your friendly mosh-buddy in the circle pits,
Metal Man

P.S. Avoid the walls of death...that is one thing I should probably take a little less seriously. :mrgreen: Harry never found his spleen, the poor guy.
I don't get mad; I get even - which isn't normal, for someone as odd as me.

~ TraceBASS

Dallow

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Dallow on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 am

<backing slowly out of the thread with an uneasy smile> :? :D

TraceBASS

Once A Metal Man, Still Eating Stars

Ol' skool lubber

Post by TraceBASS on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 am

That's the spirit! :D Hehe.
I don't get mad; I get even - which isn't normal, for someone as odd as me.

~ TraceBASS

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Lilacatz on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 am

I am the mayor of SH! (Don't worry I'm not crazy I'm a role-player like Metal, hairymason and some other guys. I'm pretty much the only girl. XD)
If you don't obey or re-elect me I shall clone you and make you eat your arm. LOL Or so they say. Hairymason and Metal made me look even more evil that I am.
Okay so obviously I'm part of the Welcoming Commitee. I'm not serious at all. Just look at the last 5 or even more threads to see all the mayhem we cause in the Welcome thread. (It's an order, cause otherwise you won't get some of our jokes.)

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Princess Kenny on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Hello there. Nice to see another fellow brit
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Dallow

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Dallow on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Please to meet you too, onefreeman316. And thanks to Metal Man and Lilacatz for their welcomes too. :)

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Lilacatz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:36 pm

No problem please enjoy your stay.

hairymason

Sweet sweet lovin'

Ol' skool lubber

Post by hairymason on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 am

Hoohaw! I am the one that will eat you! Or so the story goes. I am actually the one who gives you a story so ridiculous to deal with that you wish i had eaten you.

HAIRYMASON!!!!!!

I will steal your soul and destroy whatever hope you had of trandscending!

Okay, let's be honest. I'll just say some dumb shit and hope you buy it. But no matter how insidious you think I am;

The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!

Welcome to the forums! Goood Luck!
No more questions! We have Rosemary!

Wren

^Perpetual Pepper Potts

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Wren on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 pm

^You're so freakin' hilarious, baby. :D
But you know what? (Not trying to be funny, for once) the cake really IS a lie.

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, DESMOND HUME WILL BE MY CONSTANT

Dallow

Ol' skool lubber

Post by Dallow on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 pm

hairymason wrote:The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
Well timed, hairymason. I not long finished Portal for the first time. Thanks for the welcome. 8-)

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill