Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

bardo pond

Hello Everyone

Post by bardo pond on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Hey,

I'm not quite sure what to put here but I'll give it my best shot.

I'm Irish/Australian, loved survival horror games since resident evil 1. I followed it religiously for a long time, was on the rehorror forums (not sure if anyone knows of them) for a while but I became rather disillusioned with the series as a whole around the time of 4 and I kinda wandered in the horror wasteland for a while until my friend gave me a copy of SH2. I had played it before but I didn't really get into it until that point but needless to say I wound up with my brains blow out somewhere over the other side of the room by the time I was finished playing it. That was a few years ago and while I found the concept really interesting I didn't do much reading into it, I played the other games and while one and three weren't bad four and five I found rather distasteful so I pretty much just stayed with two for a while. I decided to crack open four there a while back and I found a completely different game and it has sparked my interest.

So here I am.

I'm currently waiting on my playstation back from the mrs so I can play through the games again to get them fresh but I thought I'd come on here and soak up some info before I begin the journey through the games again. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can and hopefully get to the point where I can actively engage in discussion but until then I'll read up and throw my two cents in when I have it.

Thanks,
Peace.

Wren

^Perpetual Pepper Potts

Hello Everyone

Post by Wren on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello and welcome!
There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, so I'm sure you'll learn a lot on this forum. You sound like you're going to fit into the group great!
I hope you get your ps back soon, too. Have fun posting!

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, DESMOND HUME WILL BE MY CONSTANT

bardo pond

Hello Everyone

Post by bardo pond on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Thank you very much. I wouldn't count on the ps anytime soon though, she's not in any rush.

TraceBASS

Once A Metal Man, Still Eating Stars

Hello Everyone

Post by TraceBASS on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 am

Irish/Australian? You sound awesome already! :lol:

Welcome, bardo pond! Hope you enjoy it here! :mrgreen:
I don't get mad; I get even - which isn't normal, for someone as odd as me.

~ TraceBASS

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Hello Everyone

Post by Lilacatz on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Welcome!
We're so happy to see another victim come to this town full of poberty and despair. We occasionaly open heaven's night but until the insane cancer(Sh3) moves you won't be able to enter. Thanks to James pyramid head won't leave until someone deserves punishment, again. Untill then he offers free taxidermy classes. Here in SH we are also worried about the enviroment so we have dissabled all cars and move with out feet or a swing of the katana. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUONUTbBawo)
Please enjoy your eternal stay.

Bronze Fox

That was longer than a heart beat.

Hello Everyone

Post by Bronze Fox on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Welcome Bardo! :) I'm glad Silent Hill has pulled you in too. I look forward to seeing your views on the games. :3
There is a better world. Well, there must be.

TraceBASS

Hello Everyone

Post by TraceBASS on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 pm

@Lilacatz yeah, sorry about that...I sleep in a lot, and in random places. :lol:
I'd get up more quickly if the damn bar owner would let me and my band play in there!!! :cry: ehehe

~ TraceBASS

bardo pond

Hello Everyone

Post by bardo pond on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey thanks everyone.

@Metalman You'd think dual nationalities from such far away places would be interesting... I just get made fun of lol

@Lilacatz Yeah the town seems quite nice. I feel much safer having my family here, I walked down the road yesterday and every door was locked. Very safe indeed.

@Bronze Fox I guess I better go get some views then shouldn't I?

Thanks guys/gals.

TraceBASS

Hello Everyone

Post by TraceBASS on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:27 pm

@bardo pond well I'm Aussie too, so if we can into a spot of trouble, we can belt 'em like Croc Dundee, and then head down to the pub for a coupla beers! :lol: hehehe
@Lilacatz I believe Pyramid Head is also down teaching drums at Midwich, too! :mrgreen: I'm surpervising so that he doesn't smash anything...he really likes playing Cannibal Corpse, for some strange reason. :?

~ TraceBASS

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Hello Everyone

Post by Lilacatz on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:03 am

@bardo pond
Ah yes the "Keep away from my diary you weirdo" program. It's to avoid those weirdos that bust into a room reading every darn document. We also have the older "Forget the damn keys!" program in wich we replace a few locks with puzzles to avoid the unconfortable situation of being locked outside a place. The downside of this program is that locksmiths lost their jobs and many of the remainig locks are now broken.

@Metalmans72
Sorry for the constant poking honey. But we didn't know if you were alive.
Thanks for volunteering for keeping an eye on PH.
Last edited by Lilacatz on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:18 am.

bardo pond

Hello Everyone

Post by bardo pond on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:58 am

@metal man No way?! It's a rare occurrence in this part of the world that I actually meet Australian people. Sweet!

@Lilacatz Ah, we had the same problem in Raccoon, we weren't quite as proactive about a solution though. We just sent out large hordes of the undead in the hope that people stay away from freaky farmer diary #200. I'm sorry to be bothersome but is there perhaps some sort of toilet appreciation class or something? I came in one day and there was a young woman talking to herself with her hand over my toilet and the next day I found a fat man with terrible b.o and the dress sense of a ten year old praying to it.

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Hello Everyone

Post by Lilacatz on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:17 am

Oh yeah that. It's part of the "Indoor plumbing" apreciation day.
If you choose me as the new mayor of SH I'll remove this holiday. Vote for Lilacatz!

(No seriously there was a person who once wrote a blog about him being a candidate for SH's elections...
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/pl ... eaning.php)
Last edited by Lilacatz on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 am.

Wren

^Perpetual Pepper Potts

Hello Everyone

Post by Wren on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 am

Lilacatz wrote:No seriously there was a person who once wrote a blog about him being a candidate for SH's elections...

And it was awesome! :lol:

TraceBASS

Hello Everyone

Post by TraceBASS on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 am

@bardo pond it's all good :D always glad to lend out a stump...er, hand, to a mate! :mrgreen:

Lilacatz wrote:Sorry for the constant poking honey. But we didn't know if you were alive.
Thanks for volunteering for keeping an eye on PH.

The poking wasn't that bad, but was the bug spray really necessary?! :roll:
And it's no problem. It was better than that time I supervised his Home Décor classes. :shock: that was an ordeal.

I'll vote for you as Mayor, but can you get me a job at Heaven's Night, at least? :D I put Maria in as my reference on my resumé, but then they couldn't reach her, and they gave the job to Valtiel :lol: job-stealing, nurse-lynching, faceless little...

~ TraceBASS

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Hello Everyone

Post by Lilacatz on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 pm

@MetalManS72
Whoops that was our last reasonable resource, James wanted to use a chainsaw, Heather her sexy beam, and Alex...well he went into fetal position asking for his parents to help.
Of course anything to prevent any future blocking.

TraceBASS

Hello Everyone

Post by TraceBASS on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm

@Lilacatz well, to be fair, Alex's current predicament is sort of my fault. :mrgreen: the wild life of a rockstar can take its toll on even the best of people...so I made myself feel better by stringing him up in the Teacher's Lounge and leaving him there to watch Couple's Retreat :twisted: such an awful movie...and such a despicable me...mwahaha!

...I'm being strangely more evil than usual this afternoon...must have been my lack of sleep. :lol:

~ TraceBASS

hairymason

Sweet sweet lovin'

Hello Everyone

Post by hairymason on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 pm

bardo pond wrote:the next day I found a fat man with terrible b.o and the dress sense of a ten year old praying to it.

Sorry that was me! i had too much to drink, I wasn't praying.

So Irish and Australian? So are you the toughest person that ever lived? I'm just guessing by American movies. Then again, if you based your opinion of me off American movies, I would be buff, strikingly handsome, and always getting laid. I am certainly none of those. maybe the third if you count Rosy Palms.

Welcome, Stay away from hairymason if you can avoid him.
No more questions! We have Rosemary!

bardo pond

Hello Everyone

Post by bardo pond on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Ha! Thanks hairy (hope you don't mind me calling you that). I am definately not tough and since when have I been a person?

hairymason

Sweet sweet lovin'

Hello Everyone

Post by hairymason on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:36 am

Sorry bardo, I always make assumptions about members being people. I even make assumptions about them being from the U.S. which is usually not true. But they usually are people, as far as I know.
No more questions! We have Rosemary!

Wren

^Perpetual Pepper Potts

Hello Everyone

Post by Wren on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 am

^You silly head. He's obviously a pond. :lol:

Next

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill