Introduce yourself to others and become acquainted in our Silent Hill Community.

Rain

For a good time, don't call me. I am dull.

Post by Rain on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Good afternoon and happy new year everyone! But, um... this being a Silent Hill community, I guess you might want to know my attachment to the series. :P

My affinity for Silent Hill began a few years ago. Back when the Official US Playstation magazine still released demo discs, I saw the trailer for The Room and... I can't tell you how many times I watched that. That 30 or so seconds of footage did what no horror movie could ever aspire to: make me really uneasy, but more importantly: left a strong impression. So... I got hold of The Room, played that countless times and literally went back from there, playing the series in reverse. The music was another thing that caught my attention. I thought "Well, the trailer has some pretty cool music", but hearing even more of it from the game... I knew I had to seek out the soundtrack.

And long story short, Yamaoka has been among my favorite artists (if not at the top) ever since. With all my changes in taste and experimentation, that's always stayed with me. And the music of Silent Hill has been a huge influence on my own music, whether I was doing goth rock or electronic stuff. I think the influence is pretty obvious when you have titles like "Night in Pleasant River". xD

But yeah... I've been one of those die-hard fans bitter about the newer games. I think I rented Homecoming, was unimpressed and gave up on the non-Team Silent games from then on. I'm just thankful that Yamaoka continued to make the music until... until, well... you know. Anyway, I guess that's all I have to say right now.

Wren

^Perpetual Pepper Potts

Post by Wren on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Hello, and welcome Rain.
Nice to meet you, you sound very interesting!

The fourth game doesn't really get as much love as it should. I think so, too. :)

IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, DESMOND HUME WILL BE MY CONSTANT

Rain

Post by Rain on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:36 pm

SilentWren wrote:Hello, and welcome Rain.
Nice to meet you, you sound very interesting!

The fourth game doesn't really get as much love as it should. I think so, too. :)

Right you are! It might be a little different, but it's so interconnected with the earlier games! Personally, I would've loved to see an all first person Silent Hill like was being talked about early on. :P

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Post by Lilacatz on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 am

Welcome fellow member! Enjoy you eternal stay.
I don't mind the new games. As long as I ignore the fact that they're named SH and have nothing to do with it.

TraceBASS

Once A Metal Man, Still Eating Stars

Post by TraceBASS on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome, Rain!

I'll do my best not to make any Trivium jokes on this thread *puts guitar away tentatively* :lol: If you did understand what I was talking about, you're awesome. If not, well, you're part of SHC, so you're still awesome anyway! :D
I don't get mad; I get even - which isn't normal, for someone as odd as me.

~ TraceBASS

hairymason

Sweet sweet lovin'

Post by hairymason on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:40 am

Dude, I put, "For a good time, don't call me. I am dull." on a bathroom stall one time, and a bunch of old gay guys called me. Nothing against being gay, but they were old. If they were young and verile at least it would have been flatteri........ Oh, Welcome.

Cool name by the way, can't believe it wasn't taken.
No more questions! We have Rosemary!

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Post by Lilacatz on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 pm

^
||

LOL. You have the craziest stories.
-------
Uh yeah, I alredy greeted you. See you around Rain.

Return to Welcome to Silent Hill