AlchemillaHsospital

Mental Well-Being etc.

Talk among fellow members about happenings going on with you.
Norus_Rebirthed

Re: Mental Well-Being etc.

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Still waiting for the tree (my oldest friend!) to be cut up. Meanwhile, more fun and games!
Went to Hospital. Got lost in the corridors. Should have made my own map! :thumbsup:
But it turns out my hearing is below normal, so I'll be getting a Hearing Aid sometime.
I can still hear birdsong. Still hear the odd frequency in music I like.
It's just difficult following a conversation.
I'm happy there is something wrong. Interested in the new frontiers of hearing aids.
And I'm going to become a Militant Deaf Person! We are owed the same quality of life as those that can hear. And I'm happy to join in the fight as it's not that big of an ask to demand of society.

Do look after your hearing. Mental Health Level: Expert :cookie:
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Well done to Maggie Robertson at the Game Awards. :twisted:

Lady Dimitrescu = <3. :lol:
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

Turns out I think you all were right. I had Covid. I got my second shot a few weeks ago. I haven't had many hours at work but now Covid is spreading fast. I am glad I got the booster. (Dome of my coworkers refuse vaccinations, while I got Covid right after vaccinations so it cannot spread.)

Also, recently my uncle passed. It's been a year of death. Uncle, dog, and grandpa!
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sucks, yeah.

i have no mental well being to speak of, but check out this interview with Dr. Elinor Greenberg, Gestalt therapist and author specializing in personality disorders, that I helped out with:

https://youtu.be/mHLU0HZAYSo

just tryna stay off social media until i am less dysregulated, but also have to promote stuff on there. even if it's all happy memes, just the amount of content on a newsfeed is dysregulating for me, too overstimulating.
Attachments
greenbergbook.jpg
greenbergbook.jpg (236.35 KiB) Viewed 141777 times
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Xuchilbara wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:22 pmAlso, recently my uncle passed. It's been a year of death. Uncle, dog, and grandpa!
My sincerest condolences.

A coworker of mine, whom I would see around the last hour or so of my shift as he would be starting his, passed away from a heart attack only an hour after I walked out the door to head home a few days ago. Just last week I had almost gotten argumentative with him as I mistakenly thought he was ignoring one of my team members as we were scrambling to get our work done, I'm thankful that I apologized to him later, admitting it had been a long and stressful week for me.

I can't imagine what it was like for the coworkers who were there to witness his passing as it happened, but it was a ghostly feeling when I heard the news at the beginning of my shift the next day. This was also right after one of my teammates were pointing out how there was a notice asking if anyone would like to cover the shift of someone who passed from another store and how messed up that sounded, and right before briefly hearing my manager took time off as a relative of his passed as well.

Also the passing of Michael Nesmith last week was saddening to hear, as he was one of my artistic idols.
"Play the drums a little bit louder..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gzmxI6oisg

I don't like how contemptuous and bitter my environment is making me become.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

2021 has been a write off. Here's to a better, next year. :cry:
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Hearing got so shit, I had to wait until the afternoon for someone to transcribe the telephone number from a hospital call this morning.
Letter about my new pre assessment for audiology department that I thought had been cancelled, due to not being able to hear them on the phone properly.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Xuchilbara wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:22 pm Turns out I think you all were right. I had Covid. I got my second shot a few weeks ago. I haven't had many hours at work but now Covid is spreading fast. I am glad I got the booster. (Dome of my coworkers refuse vaccinations, while I got Covid right after vaccinations so it cannot spread.)

Also, recently my uncle passed. It's been a year of death. Uncle, dog, and grandpa!
Condolences Xuchilbara.

Glad you protected yourself and others.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I heard England may be going into lockdown again, just after Christmas. Probably gonna be the case here in Scotland too. :|

Oh dear...
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

Today was my montly psichologist appointment. I told her I am personally well motivated this year, writting a plan - I usually don't make personal life plans because it seems planning my own death. Also I said even thinking 2022 will be worst than past year, I was strangelly feeling motivated myself... she prescribed the same meds... thought I talk too much!

But, yes, I think 2021 was a death year but 2022 can be worst, probably more sad at list. Thought we will have to be a little bit psychotic to survive (mentally and phisically). That's my call - you have all the waepons you need, now fight!

"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"