AlchemillaHsospital

Mental Well-Being etc.

Talk among fellow members about happenings going on with you.
Norus_Rebirthed

Re: Mental Well-Being etc.

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Xuchilbara, I'm really sorry and heartbroken things have taken that direction for your family. But I believe you are strong enough to plough your own path onwards. Wish you nothing but love and power with every step. Even if you think I'm an idiot who barely makes any sense!

Personally, and to make a different post from the Supreme Court judgement. (I don't even live in that country but know it's the wrong direction!)
Today I made a claim for Personal Independence Payment. A benefit available for the terminally ill (Not there yet!!!) or the ill and impaired.
A lot of the questions didn't apply to me. But for the question of how I'm affected by my hearing condition, I wrote about how I can't hear interviewers questions for job interviews (True) so won't be able to hear customers (Well, silver lining and that...) and won't be able to hear instructions for the tasks and procedures needed for certain jobs. That's a big one! I know most managers will pass me over the minute I mention going deaf. I'm expecting shitty behaviour from established staff members (not you! People in work).
In fact on my online form I challenged them to suggest jobs that the hard of hearing could do.
I personally hate online assesments as it's cutting corners. Reduces it to those tie-breaker questions magazine contests used to run. And more importantly you need face to face contact to get your point across.

Apart from all the above, I'm pretty happy! Have a cat sleeping on my lap. And amused over a Facebook group doing a "Poets For Peace" campaign... And not including me because I fell out with the organisers last year! Hilarious! Plus, with the way things are and are going. Peace is not an option and I'm ready for war. Pick the time and the place! :robbie:
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

Thanks!

Yeah, I sense war in the future.

I imagine a bunch of people being dicks over your disability. Life shouldn't be that way, I think.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

My headspace has been in the shitter lately. I don't have much faith that things are gonna get much better, or at least more enjoyable.
Xuchilbara wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pmYeah, I sense war in the future.
Americans aren't gonna do shit. I have more faith in the Russian people than us at this point.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

Idk, man. Domestic terrorism/mass shootings have been on the rise with white supremacy.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Xuchilbara wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 am Idk, man. Domestic terrorism/mass shootings have been on the rise with white supremacy.
I doubt the left would let it escalate to that level. These kinds of skirmishes are usually confined to protests, and even then it's something that most regular Americans are mostly to forget just as quickly as it happens. It's a consumerist paradise after all. If there's another insurrection at the hands of the left, and the right gets their fearless leader involved then yeah it's likely. If any of them had any sense they would realize the country does not fucking need this conflict right now, but who am I kidding.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

So 2022 has been dreadful for my family. My mum nearly died like, three times. The life I live feels uneventful. If it wasn't for coming online, man. I'd be even worse off.

With that said, my time on forums is winding down. I find that message boards today are not as active as they were years ago. My sister doesn't think much of them either. She knows I have had issues with being bullied on the Internet. My mum actually said to me that forums have ran their course. That's maybe true. Aspects of social media really did change a lot. But I really don't care much for Facebook, Twitter, and whatnot. Classic forums have always had a better layout. However, Facebook is probably a better choice for those who prefer everything being together. But just be cautious of who you choose to share info with. It's not very private.

Basically tired of the flawed justice system too. I get continually messed about. The people who caused me harm get away with everything. But it's too bad, I guess.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:08 pm So 2022 has been dreadful for my family. My mum nearly died like, three times. The life I live feels uneventful. If it wasn't for coming online, man. I'd be even worse off.

With that said, my time on forums is winding down. I find that message boards today are not as active as they were years ago. My sister doesn't think much of them either. She knows I have had issues with being bullied on the Internet. My mum actually said to me that forums have ran their course. That's maybe true. Aspects of social media really did change a lot. But I really don't care much for Facebook, Twitter, and whatnot. Classic forums have always had a better layout. However, Facebook is probably a better choice for those who prefer everything being together. But just be cautious of who you choose to share info with. It's not very private.

Basically tired of the flawed justice system too. I get continually messed about. The people who caused me harm get away with everything. But it's too bad, I guess.
Sorry to hear about the struggles you are having.

Not on any social media platforms and never have been.

I love forms and will continue to use them. Almost zero traffic but that does not bother me that much.

If new games are announced I can see some heading back here
I'm going to town either way.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Really only use my PS3 for the playlists to have in the background as the graphic world turns.
If this is the end of my Gaming. And I do fire up and play stuff now and again. But if it's the end, I still love the forums like this.
We don't talk as often as we should. It'll never get to pre-Social Media(like that makes sense given I'm talking forums) again.
But I like that they are here. If here until servers expire. At least left varied enough content. Although I'm pretty sure I've typed out this message a few pages back?
Silent Hillz brings best people!
Whatever chapter closes, you still take the language and story so far with you.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

A lot of people actually had live reactions on YouTube for TGS, as I think they all got really hyped, only to be disappointed again. But I think because of censorship laws, they cannot show off horror games at 1 PM. If they did, they couldn't be sexualised looking creatures like they are in Silent Hill.

I will just wait for the Game Awards. They'd likely be smart and reserve a big announcement when the hype will really be at an all-time high. :ugeek:
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

I don't think I fully identify with the term "Male" anymore, and I've begun identifying as Asexual, yet I feel very... "fake" or "phony" or something.