AlchemillaHsospital

How Are You? Thread

Talk among fellow members about happenings going on with you.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How Are You? Thread

Post by admin »

well for now! been swamped with work so everything was too much to deal with. everything that wasn't work :horse:
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

admin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:03 pm well for now! been swamped with work so everything was too much to deal with. everything that wasn't work :horse:
Having to come in through the outdoor to get to this site. But it's working!
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Hi everybody!
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sup rodox?

why did i wake up at 5am, when i dont have to be anywhere until a dr appointment at 3pm? :cookie:
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Last month, I played Stray Souls. It's quite fun, apart from the glitches.

Definitely feels like you are in Silent Hill, with similar monsters attacking you, and you spend a lot of time exploring a fog covered town called Aspen Falls, and solving puzzles in a house, plus a cemetery and an abandoned police station.
Norus_Rebirthed

Some DVDs for tomorrow. So switched on my PS3 for the first time all year (Stuff. Happens.) and it didn't blow up! Everything goes left. But that's a controller with no charge. So slowly recharging it. Forgot about those playlists I made. Pretty much what I last used it for.

EDIT: Charged and ready!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I still use my PS3 to watch MP4s that I saved via seeding torrents.

In terms of gaming, I seldomly ever play games anymore. I have lost interest in Resident Evil as a whole, because it's hard to stay invested in a franchise that's gottten too big. The old games really were the best. Now it's all very MCU-ish and not very scary, quite frankly. The series is convoluted, and being 37, I don't care anymore.

I struggle to like the newer stuff Capcom does, as it's awfully weird, and they just add in more plotholes that never gets resolved, leading to even more negativity. The remakes had a lot of cut content as well. There's been too many lows rather than highs for me with the series, so I just decided that it's time to let go of it.

What I do now is just watch old horror movies. Sure, I don't feel compelled to rant about many of them. That's probably a good thing.

I know some are gonna be a good watch. Many are gonna be pretty drab, I guess. But since I know that already, it doesn't bother me as much. And I do like to be surprised in a good way. So if a film ends up being enjoyable, I know I made a good pick. But there's a lot of rubbish out there too, which I suppose is par for the course.
Norus_Rebirthed

Next Thursday I've an open day for support working. Nothing like bathing, just helping them go to shops and planning and accompanying them on day trips.
And with the UK minimum wage rising to £11.44 an hour next month. There's never been a better time to get back to work! I've been doing some calculations. Yes, I'll be better off doing this obviously. But it'll be more healthy for me than sitting behind a desk in a call centre. They just have to accommodate I use hearing aids. But that's really not an issue. I'm really looking forward to more active outdoors and outreaching work.
There is a deficit of UK workforce. We aren't importing enough workers. Dickhead government have made it more unappealing to emigrate here. Population is getting older. Should have done it sooner.
"You don't have to be the first, just make sure you're not the last!" as the gynecologist on the back of a Ringo Starr compilation put it.
Still intend to vote Labour. But the only thing uglier than UK politics right now is American politics right now
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Been buying DVDs, etc. Got nearly every top ten horror film since 1922.

The first ever Variety box office report was on 3 March, 1922. So I have pretty much every movie that uses the 'top 50 grossing films' mythology that the magazine started in April of 1969.

There's only a few movies I cannot get officially. Surprisingly, Barbarian never got a proper physical release, and I am waiting on Grindhouse Releasing putting out this film from the 70s, called Scum of the Earth.
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Got tickets to see Gary Numan with Front Line Assembly later this month :)
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.