Cellphone games and SH: The Arcade

Alex Townshend

Vestige

Silent Hill: The Arcade ported to PC by fans

Post by Vestige on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:13 am

Well i've had the files for a long time in my hard drive, actually i was working in merging the videos with their respective audio because they come separated :0, so now we'll have a chance to play it? Awesome...

Alex Townshend

Post by Alex Townshend on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:42 am

No idea, still trying to troubleshoot it myself, but here's a forum post someone made:

http://insertmorecoins.wordpress.com/20 ... he-arcade/

Installation and settings:

1. unpack in root of hard disk, no external files requirement, all included in archive. (perhaps you need to install k-lite codec pack)

2. start config.bat and chose five buttons, for example set it to keyboard number buttons 1,2,3,4 and 5. Yes, we will really need "service" and "test" buttons too. But you can't set controls to player 2, i don't know how to do it. Mouse will work automaticly anyway, ECS button is exit of the game, even if you don't set this.

3. Game Loader All RH.exe - playing with default 640x480 and default loader settings;

- good about 480p:
- - all the video cut-scenes are correct size and good looking
- - 480p is 4:3, so the game anyway will force 4:3 mode, you can set up your display monitor to 4:3 mod too, will look cool on CRT monitor.

- bad about 480p:
- - in-game text font and picture quality is extremely low and dirty pixel looking (on LCD)

4. my custom settings for 720p and more, start "Game Loader Config.exe" and do exactly this:

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/2440x ... 3/a8j3.png

if you want different resolution than this, you can replace all "1280x720" to any your resolution, but be careful, don't replace all of the numbers, not all of them is resolution settings.

- good about my settings 720p:
- - Best possible (i hope so) quality of in-game font text on big LCD monitor and a little better 3d graphics (not much better)
- - more stable fps then on default settings (look on screen upper, i was changing some... from "old" to "new" dot with something... thing, idk, but it works more stable)
- - fps timer is disabled

- bad about my settings 720p:
- - videos and cut-scenes are glitchy, they will play not good (worst, then on 480p), you can't see videos clearly on high resulutions.
- - If you have Low-Spec PC System (portable pc), maybe game will lag, maybe not. need more tests
- - anyway game running in 4:3 only, so it's will not looks great on widescreen

5. in-game settings. After video and buttons settings start the game with "Game Loader All RH.exe", then anytime press "service/test" buttons and select "GAME OPTIONS", then you can set "VERY HARD" and less health, cos game is too easy, then press SAVE and EXIT, then press GAME MODE to restart the game and play with selected settings.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1440x ... 6/hk6j.jpg

6. about in-game videos. Yes, there is no sound in the videos (idk how to fix that), but you can see all of them WITH SOUND here, thanks to uploader: http://www.youtube.com/user/SilentHillTheArcade

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Would've been better if Konami would've just ported this themselves to PC and PS3/Wii since they have good motion controllers (Kinect would be garbage for this.)

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:32 pm

I actually saw a video of someone playing it on the PC with a WiiMote, of course it's not par with a proper port... but well that'll have to do for now (besides, ports to the PC aren't exactly Konami's strongest).

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:43 am

I've downloaded the files via the links on the insertmorecoins site, but avira reports a virus, TRDropper.Gen. Is this actually a virus or just avira being overzealous again? Anyone else had any problems with the files if you've got from from the same source?
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:44 pm

It's most likely just a false positive. I've had anti-virus report totally legit files before, just gotta tell it to 'ignore' the file(s) and such. ;)

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Cheers NarooN, thought as much but the virus checker was getting on my tits so I just binned the files. Don't really need any more distractions as I work my way through 0rigins and the rest anyway so no biggy.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm

I tried to download the files but the site wanted me to sign up and give them my credit card info, so I decided against it. Couldn't find them elsewhere.
ImageImage

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Post by Wilsden Hills on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Ok so I've had another go with these files, but am not getting very far. After following the posted installation instructions above, once the config.bat settings have been set and the main exe file loaded, the 'game' stalls on the KHSD (or whatever) cursor-setting screen. The program is still functioning as you can press ESC to exit it, but that's all. Anyone having any better luck with it?

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:30 pm

SOURCE: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?50161-PC-Silent-Hill-The-Arcade-PLAYABLE-on-Windows!-tutorial by SILENT_Pavel

okay, firstly credits and source links:
Very first lossless raw unplayable HDD dump release by peronmls/spotting users here: http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=657016
Then game files was somehow set up to work with KSHG/Game Loader All RH by this spanish guys here: http://insertmorecoins.wordpress.com...ll-the-arcade/
arcade game loader is made by some chinese/japanese(?) guys, i don't know their homepage or names/nick names, but they are doing good software, too bad without english support, but anyway thanks them for their work

DOWNLOAD THE GAME:
Tested, repacked and reuploaded by me here (content of source archive is not changed, no password):
(7-zip 9.20, LZMA method, two parts, packed/unpacked - 1,47 GB/2,33 GB)

part1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6zldb ... ade.7z.001
part2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7y9l ... ade.7z.002

SH THE ARCADE VIDEO SCENES SOUND FIX (OPTIONAL):

PART 1- http://www.mediafire.com/download/3450k ... Fix.7z.001 - 600 mb
PART 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4b1f5 ... Fix.7z.002 - 300 mb
unpacked (7-zip 9.20, LZMA): 1,19 GB

INSTALLATION AND SETTINGS:

1. unpack in root of hard disk, no external files requirement, all included in archive. (perhaps you need to install k-lite codec pack)

2. start config.bat and chose five buttons, for example set it to keyboard number buttons 1,2,3,4 and 5. Yes, we will really need "service" and "test" buttons too. But you can't set controls to player 2, i don't know how to do it. Mouse will work automaticly anyway, ECS button is exit of the game, even if you don't set this. Also:
Right click mouse - is a pause, then click left mouse button to unpause space bar - rapid mouse fire on/off (kinda turbo button/cheating)

3. Game Loader All RH.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe - playing with default 640x480 and default loader settings;

- - good about 480p:
- - all the video cut-scenes are correct size and good looking
- - 480p is 4:3, so the game anyway will force 4:3 mode, you can set up your display monitor to 4:3 mod too, will look cool on CRT monitor.

- - bad about 480p:
- - in-game text font and picture quality is extremely low and dirty pixel looking (on LCD)

4. my custom settings for 720p and more, start "Game Loader Config.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe" and do exactly this:

if you want different resolution than this, you can replace all "1280x720" to any your resolution, but be careful, don't replace all of the numbers, not all of them is resolution settings.

- good about my settings 720p:
- - Best possible (i hope so) quality of in-game font text on big LCD monitor and a little better 3d graphics (not much better)
- - more stable fps then on default settings (look on screen upper, i was changing some... from "old" to "new" dot with something... thing, idk, but it works more stable)
- - fps timer is disabled

- bad about my settings 720p:
- - videos and cut-scenes are glitchy, they will play not good (worst, then on 480p), you can't see videos clearly on high resolutions.
- - If you have Low-Spec PC System (portable pc), maybe game will lag, maybe not. need more tests
- - anyway game running in 4:3 only, so it's will not looks great on widescreen

5. in-game settings. After video and buttons settings start the game with "Game Loader All RH.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe", then anytime press "service/test" buttons and select "GAME OPTIONS", then you can set "VERY HARD" and less health, cos game is too easy, then press SAVE and EXIT, then press GAME MODE to restart the game and play with selected settings.

6. about in-game videos. Yes, there is no sound in the videos, download "video scenes sound fix" upper, or you can do this without downloading fix (not recommended):
- launch DSFMgr.exe
- then select ffdshow Video Decoder
- enter Filter settings
- and turned all the video formats disabled to libavcodec

7. Emulating pc mouse with wiimote. Use GlovePIE tool and this script: http://glovepie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=312#p1132

Also, i have made custom crosshair, that located in SHacrade/sv - .cur, replace it for better view from distance http://rghost.ru/52299596

my screens (press print screen button in-game to do screens):

Image Image Image

SOURCE: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?50161-PC-Silent-Hill-The-Arcade-PLAYABLE-on-Windows!-tutorial by SILENT_Pavel
==================================
Image Image Image

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=436115

There's a thread about this same thing directly below yours.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Oops i didn´t see it, sorry, delete please..
Image Image Image

Arsenic13

Partner

Post by Arsenic13 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 am

I want to play this, but it's piracy. I'd stream it too, but there's a lot of legal stuff with this.

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 am

How about a merge? This one has some really useful info.

Floodclaw

Post by Floodclaw on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Wow, a score of zero gives you a C rank? Kids these days. Can't handle being told they failed.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Ya know, the fact that people went to such lengths to make this game playable outside of a freaking arcade machine tells you how much people actually want to play it. If Konami were wise (heh) they would release this as a console game, people would buy it no doubt. Sure it's gimmicky as hell, but it's still a Silent Hill game and it looks pretty fun (and from what I know, it's also canonical, so it can't be ignored).

I mean, if they wanted to make some quick bucks without actually making a new game, just port the arcade shooter. Bam.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 pm

The fact that Konami never brought this to the PSN or XBLA just shows the lengths of their laziness and incompetence. Such a horrendously easy thing to do, the game isn't massive and it couldn't be that complex code-wise, it would be nothing but easy money for them, and they still couldn't do it. It would've worked extremely well with the PS Move.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Has anyone downloaded this without having to give up credit card information ?
I'd really like to try it, but not enough to give them a credit card.
Last edited by Otherworld on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:26 pm.

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Post by Wilsden Hills on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Downloaded it no probs, from the most recent link in Giromancy's post (the original one seemed to trigger holy hellfire virus-wise so was binned), but I haven't been able to get it to work, it just crashes after configuring the keys :|

Next

Return to Cellphone Games + Arcade