Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

hippo0789

Has anyone tried putting P.T. on an actual disc?

Post by hippo0789 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Many of us here have P.T. on our PS4's including me. But has anyone heard of any hardcore fans putting the demo onto a disc? I know people have created "box art" and stuff, but has anyone else taken that extra step? Has anyone even heard of anything like this? ...And how hard would it actually be to transfer P.T. onto a physical disc? P.T. was not a large file... It was under 2GB if I remember correctly, it should be simple work. And of course the disc would HAVE to work... I'm talking about putting the disc into a brand new PS4 with NO recollection of P.T. and STILL having the disc work instantly. This entire concept interests me. The main reason I am talking about this is because P.T. is the greatest "game" ever made, and it still deserves to have a "disc copy" even though it was a demo. Back in the day I was hoping that Konami would AT LEAST release a "boxed copy" of the demo, as a parting gift. And of course... that didn't happen either.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:03 pm

The disc wouldn't work unless you jailbreak the PS4 to play non-official discs.

I printed out some box art I made and put it on a flash drive.
ImageImageImage

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:11 am

nur_ein_tier wrote:The disc wouldn't work unless you jailbreak the PS4 to play non-official discs.

Nice, you should post some pictures sometime. :)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 am

I believe nur_ein_tier did.

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Otherworld wrote:I believe nur_ein_tier did.

Haha, that's pretty nice! He should send that shit to Konami. :) :D
Let them take a nice, long look at it.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 am

hippo0789 wrote:
Otherworld wrote:I believe nur_ein_tier did.

Haha, that's pretty nice! He should send that shit to Konami. :) :D
Let them take a nice, long look at it.

Ya I thought it was cool too. BTW nur_ein_tier is a she. lol.

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:26 am

I wish this was possible. I want PT back so fucking badly.

Turned out my version of PT was associated with my ex's account. One day I look through my games on my PS4 after not playing it for a bit and found PT was locked on my console.

A fucking tragedy!

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Tabris wrote:I wish this was possible. I want PT back so fucking badly.

Turned out my version of PT was associated with my ex's account. One day I look through my games on my PS4 after not playing it for a bit and found PT was locked on my console.

A fucking tragedy!

Wow, that sucks... :|
I also wish it was possible. I mean, technically it is "possible." Putting P.T. on a disc is probably very difficult; although not impossible. And like the other person said, you'd have to Mod your PS4 in order to play a disc like that.
Two difficult processes that I'm sure not everyone can tackle. I'd definitely like to see this accomplished, I'd even buy a copy of the "game" just for the hell of it. Maybe you're right though, it could be impossible. I mean, it's been ages and we still haven't seen a disc copy. :|

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Eh, someone will figure it out eventually. There's a whole fanbase that wants to play it again / for the first time.

Konami is a real fucker for making it impossible when people loved it so much. That frustration/anger over it is enough for at least one person to figure out how to emulate it or something.

Just a matter of when I guess.

I for one just hate seeing it on my PS4, having it downloaded it and just seeing it locked. I feel truly mocked by it hah.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 pm

For those lucky ones already had at some point the P.T. installed in the PS4, there is a hack to bring it back:
http://wololo.net/2016/04/10/how-to-redownload-p-t-silent-hills/
It's not illegal since you have "bought", therefore, have the license.

But it's complicated to discuss about rights since Konami and Sony has broken the contract in the first place by removing the online content, where we assume will be safe - I am not aware of this happened before with other similar service as iTunes.

I still prefer my games in the old fashioned DVD - will be really mine! To buy a P.T. license will be complicated, although is free and should be legal to install in your PS4 that should be legal to jailbreak it. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo... these guys own us all!

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:The disc wouldn't work unless you jailbreak the PS4 to play non-official discs.

And we are LIVE again...!
I actually have a question for you, in regards to your flash drive. You've briefly mentioned that you put P.T. on a flash drive. What happens if you stick your P.T. flash drive in a "recently purchased PS4." I'm talking about a brand-spankin' new PS4, right out of GameStop. If I stick your P.T. flash drive in that NEW PS4, can I transfer the P.T. file onto the NEW PS4 and start playing the P.T. demo on the NEW PS4 immediately? Does this work...?

Or does it only work like this...?
Does the P.T. flash drive file ONLY work on an old PS4? - EXAMPLE -
Someone has downloaded the P.T. demo in 2014, but has DELETED it. The "P.T. flash drive" will help them get it back... because they have PREVIOUSLY downloaded P.T. in 2014. In order to "re-gain" P.T. from the flash drive, the person MUST HAVE previously downloaded the demo... thus rendering the P.T. flash drive 90% useless.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 pm

hippo0789 wrote:
I actually have a question for you, in regards to your flash drive. You've briefly mentioned that you put P.T. on a flash drive. What happens if you stick your P.T. flash drive in a "recently purchased PS4." I'm talking about a brand-spankin' new PS4, right out of GameStop. If I stick your P.T. flash drive in that NEW PS4, can I transfer the P.T. file onto the NEW PS4 and start playing the P.T. demo on the NEW PS4 immediately? Does this work...?

It's a backup including the game file, so it will work in a new PS4 as long as I sign in with the same PSN account and then install the backup.

No downloading of the game is necessary if you have a backup.
ImageImageImage

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:
hippo0789 wrote:

It's a backup including the game file, so it will work in a new PS4 as long as I sign in with the same PSN account and then install the backup.

Ahh, I see. It's a pure combination of a PSN account WITH P.T. and a "PSN/P.T. flash drive."

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:
hippo0789 wrote:

Is there any way to download P.T. straight off the internet? Has anybody put the P.T. file online, so people can download?
Have people FOUND OUT how to do this yet? It does not look that way... The file is small... It's under 2GB. Thanks in advance.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 am

^ I have not seen anything as far as a file online that is PT.... Sorry.

hippo0789

Post by hippo0789 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Otherworld wrote:^ I have not seen anything as far as a file online that is PT.... Sorry.

Hopefully one day everyone can experience it! :)

Return to PT/Silent Hills