Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Does PT fall into the realm of being a Silent Hill game?

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:44 am

After the dust has settled for a little while and yes I know the name is Playable Teaser, but does that really matter when we talk about this game?

What I mean to say is, should this title be looked at as a stand alone game or be grouped in with the rest of the titles in this franchise.

What do you think ?

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:53 am

I absolutely place it into the Silent Hill franchise. I remember watching a PT demo when it first became a thing and I had absolutely no idea about the Silent Hills part of it. Just that it was scary as fuck and no one knew what it was.

When they got to that creepy otherwordly hallway, it screamed Silent Hill to me. Those fucking pictures, that red hallway light, the friggin sounds. It was the first time since the original 3 that I really felt that type of horror. Not to mention some of the other scares in the teaser.

Though it is just that, a simple teaser for something that will never become anything. But for me personally, it is 100% part of the francise.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:52 pm

I think you can categorize it with the rest of the franchise, simple because of how it ends...with the character walking out into the streets of Silent Hill itself.....yeah they initially stated this game has nothing to do with SH, but everything kinda pointed to P.T. having to do SOMETHING with SH on some level....

Looking at P.T. up above, i'm still impressed with the visuals in that was being implemented.....why Konami...why?.... :skeptical:
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Yeah, the amount different things that were built into PT that were/are Silent Hill is evident.

From the save icon, (Halo of the Sun) to the names used, to the hole in the bathroom, to the use of mirrors, to the cockroaches, the phone, the radio, the rain, the clock town dong, the fridge, the doors that teleport you somewhere/nowhere ....

So much of "Silent Hill" was put into PT ....

Even before anyone made the connection, Silent Hill was calling to us through PT...

Return to PT/Silent Hills