Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

PaulSilentin

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima - Norman Reedus

Post by PaulSilentin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:17 pm

Last edited by PaulSilentin on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:03 pm.

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Kojima was basically the surprise #30 return in the Royal Rumble and won.

Lain

Post by Lain on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Hands-down the best reveal of E3 thus far.

Though as a die hard SH fan, I may be slightly biased. lol

Clearly this isn't trying to be a direct Silent Hills successor, but definitely has a horror aspect to it so I am hyped. Probably best for Kojima to try and do his own original thing anyway. It'll undoubtedly be better than RE7, which frankly looks like a PT clone except with the subtlety replaced with a thick layer of RE cheese.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Theres a lot of symbolism that can be made from it, if you want to see symbolism and interpret it in that way.

Reedus' character having a handcuff on his wrist but the other cuff loose and free from the baby, and Reedus picking the baby up and weeping over it before it simply vanishes and then the baby handprints leading forward and into the distance could symbolize Kojima and us mourning Silent Hill, crying over it, before it just goes away, but not before we are told (by the baby) to look up and ahead.

In other words Silent Hill is gone but it's spirit lives on into the future.

I mean hell even Kojima said in english (surprise) that this was something he "remade" for everyone. I'm pretty sure he assumed it would be interpreted this way. I'm not saying that's what it all is, but that's going to be what people interpret it as, as it's kind of easy to see it that way.

I'm excited for sure because it still retained that Silent Hill feel to it.

More than a fucking pachinko machine ever would.

As for RE7 man that isnt what I was anticipating and I'm not sure I like it. As a vr experience it looks like it'll be good but they sure are trying to do everything EXCEPT make a classic RE game aren't they?
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Lain

Post by Lain on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:02 pm

jam6i wrote:Theres a lot of symbolism that can be made from it, if you want to see symbolism and interpret it in that way.

Reedus' character having a handcuff on his wrist but the other cuff loose and free from the baby, and Reedus picking the baby up and weeping over it before it simply vanishes and then the baby handprints leading forward and into the distance could symbolize Kojima and us mourning Silent Hill, crying over it, before it just goes away, but not before we are told (by the baby) to look up and ahead.

In other words Silent Hill is gone but it's spirit lives on into the future.

I mean hell even Kojima said in english (surprise) that this was something he "remade" for everyone. I'm pretty sure he assumed it would be interpreted this way. I'm not saying that's what it all is, but that's going to be what people interpret it as, as it's kind of easy to see it that way.

I'm excited for sure because it still retained that Silent Hill feel to it.

More than a fucking pachinko machine ever would.

As for RE7 man that isnt what I was anticipating and I'm not sure I like it. As a vr experience it looks like it'll be good but they sure are trying to do everything EXCEPT make a classic RE game aren't they?

I don't think he said "remade"... it sounds like he was just stammering trying to get out "we made" in English.

But yes, it arguably looks the most Silent Hill-esque in spirit (or at least in the aspects of Silent Hill's spirit that I value and that most other horror games lack) out of all other horror game in recent memory.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Also relevant: Cetacean Stranding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacean_stranding

Sony's got a good thing going for 'em. The Last Guardian, this weird new Kojima thing and RE7 whatever the hell that is, are the things that made me spill my apple juice the most over.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:41 am

I never expected them to make a video game based on that 2016 movie The Darkness, especially since it got horrible reviews and all.

Post by 204863 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:52 am

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 am

He's still gonna end up getting jobbed out to Roman though. Gotta make Roman look strong.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:06 am

A nice surprise, and I am hoping to see more soon. It has my interest. I am just hoping it is a horror game and not an action game.

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Naroon wrote:

He's still gonna end up getting jobbed out to Roman though. Gotta make Roman look strong.

Not if Kojima can use Hogan's creative control card.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:48 pm

That's a good plan... So long as Kojima's sex tape where he goes off into a racist rant for no reason midway doesn't get leaked to the e-press.

Akaboci_94

Post by Akaboci_94 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:16 pm

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/13/ ... stranding/

- Kojima-san still hasn’t picked an engine for the game, but there are a couple of candidates.

- Guillermo Del Toro is not involved in the game for now.

- The mascot “Ludens” isn’t involved with the game.

- The game will have a lot of action elements.

- After a few hours of playing, players will realize that Death Stranding is a completely different game from what they have played before.

- The setting is a secret.

- Kojima-san wants people to speculate on what they saw in the trailer.

- The main character’s name is still a secret.

- It will take some time before we’re able to play the game.

- Kojima-san explained the meaning of the title: You talk about “mass stranding” when there are a lot of whales or dolphins stranded on the beach. It’s called “live stranding” when they’re alive, and “dead stranding” when they’re dead. The meaning of the title is that something came from “some world” and is stranded.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Hmmm...looks interesting and as usual Kojima is on some 'ol other s**t with his trailers.... :lol: For some reason I don't think this is horror. At the end of the trailer has me thinking that this might be on the sci-fi level.

I noticed that there was what looked to be alien ships in the sky?...i wasn't really sure, but with the dead whales and crabs on the shore and those things floating in the far off distance, this could be a more of a "war of the worlds" vibe.

Or maybe Reedus character is struggling against the alien takeover or post apocalyptic rule. I could be waaay off, but i didn't really get a horror vibe from this.

*edit*...after looking at those still pics, it does indeed look like those things in the air are humanoid in nature and not ships....it will be interesting to see what this game is about.
Last edited by clips7 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:18 am.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Absolutely loved what I seen from this. I am so excited to see what comes from this. I got absolute chills seeing those floating... humans or whatever in the sky.

I don't often preorder games, but this is already preordered even if it's just in my head.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:02 am

Naroon wrote:That's a good plan... So long as Kojima's sex tape where he goes off into a racist rant for no reason midway doesn't get leaked to the e-press.

Haha! That sounds hilarious! But I'd rather read a transcript than see it!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:08 am

Bit off topic here..but since this game is a rub to konami in a sense.....did Koanmi release anything at E3 this year?
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:18 am

^ Just a PES 2017 teaser trailer ....

SimonHughes

The other me.

Post by SimonHughes on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 am

It's all one in the same.
Not to seek the what ifs, it's the hows and whys.

There is still three important factors one being less than the other two.

Frankly making sense of it all is never the goal. Your perceptions are the limitations.

One perceives something different to another, no one size fits all will make sense to anyone but you.

What you see is what you call truth, symbolism, subliminal etc
That doesn't apply to everyone.

Life and Death mightn't even exist but that's my perception.
But it may to you and it could look different despite me being stood in front of you.

Or I could be a different sex, weight or height but appear all in the same from your eyes.

It never applies to everyone in the same way...It never has.
Pandora's box was opened and let them all in.

Lain

Post by Lain on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Otherworld wrote:A nice surprise, and I am hoping to see more soon. It has my interest. I am just hoping it is a horror game and not an action game.

clips7 wrote:Hmmm...looks interesting and as usual Kojima is on some 'ol other s**t with his trailers.... :lol: For some reason I don't think this is horror. At the end of the trailer has me thinking that this might be on the sci-fi level.

Kojima's already stated that it will be an action game, and that it will explore the concept of horror without necessarily being a "horror" game.

So most likely it will be a sci-fi action game with horror aspects. No, it won't be Dead Space... I think Kojima's idea of horror is more subtle than throwing waves of monsters and gore at the audience. More Prometheus than Jason X, if you will... :lol:

Next

Return to PT/Silent Hills