Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Is P.T really dead?

Post by PinentidHead on Sun May 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Ok, time for speculation and conspiracy theory...

I saw half part of the vid and understood probably half, but if I got the message, there is clues the project is still alive - in secret. They might be working together again under a Sony's hidden sponsorship and directed by the great partnership Toro-Kojima. Beyond this idea, the theory is they plan this with Kojima still inside Konami. We can dream about, right?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Is P.T really dead?

Post by Naroon on Mon May 16, 2016 1:47 am

Think this was already posted here: viewtopic.php?f=3337&t=437725

I never did and never really will buy into any of these insane theories. I understand people really wanted this to happen, but it's beyond absurd at this point. The sheer notion that Konami would've taken the risk of having their stocks plummet all for the sake of a "troll joke" is utterly insane. No company run remotely competently would ever do something like that. Konami owns the IP and rights to SH and thus Kojima can't do shit related to the series. P.T. was a demo that was unrelated to whatever SHs was gonna be and it's just a standalone demo that has been virtually erased from the internet at this point (only continuing to exist on the PS4's that never deleted it and via online backup due to iso images being made of it.) SHs never made it to any real stage of development to be considered a real thing and even Konami themselves admitted it was dead.

The only thing that could be left is Kojima is gonna do a horror-themed game with Del Toro... But Kojima is a troll and even then there's no guarantee the game would be good even if he did it. He's said the game they're doing is an action game already. People keep searching for this obscure hints which are mostly just random things totally unrelated to anything at all. It's just... sad at this point. Like let it go already lol.

Kurosawa

Is P.T really dead?

Post by Kurosawa on Mon May 16, 2016 5:20 am

It will never happen. Silent Hills continues to exist in theory videos like this that attract a lot of viewers.

jam6i

Is P.T really dead?

Post by jam6i on Mon May 16, 2016 10:52 am

The SIlent HIlls that we knew is dead. It's dead man. We're now a year out from it's death and almost 2 years out from it's birth. If Kojimatorojunjireedusmasahamaoka get togeher to make a horror game, it won't be the game that we thought we were getting.

Silent Hills is dead dead dead.

As for P.T., it may come back if Konami finds a way to make money off of it.

Shit, I always said that they didn't have to do what they did. All they had to do was tack on a 10-20$ price tag and people would have bought it.

But Konami and smart don't go together.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Is P.T really dead?

Post by Otherworld on Mon May 16, 2016 11:20 am

^ It seems like the act of pulling PT was a vengeful one, and had nothing to do with $ ....

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Is P.T really dead?

Post by PinentidHead on Mon May 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Naroon wrote:Think this was already posted here: viewtopic.php?f=3337&t=437725

I hate myself when this happens...

Naroon wrote:Like let it go already lol.

NEVER!!!

P.T. was killed because Konami don't think is possible to make money with a huge AAA structure to make one game, since it seams they are not in this business anymore. So as long there was a great expectation about the final game, don't worth the expenses, they though. But maybe was possible for Kojima to build a "light structure" with the partnership of Del Toro, since he probably got something ready at home. As long I believe, by you're testimonial above, this theory is to speculative, I'll keep my eyes open.

Return to PT/Silent Hills