Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

JFKTV

I swear I'm not makin' any of this up...

Post by JFKTV on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:58 pm

[Sorry in advance for the long post, but please read it all. Cliff notes are the pics, but they wouldn't mean as much without the story. Matter fact, The first two paragraphs aren't really necessary, but serve a purpose to the entire narrative.]

Ok, to put things into perspective, some weird, supernatural things have been goin' on since around 2009 or 2010. The first instance was when I was home alone on the computer while Futurama was on the TV. For about one second, my TV muted by itself and my door buzzer rang. Really quick. I was a little weirded out that my TV muted, like actual mute sign on TV durin' the show, but when I went downstairs, nobody was on the porch...or on my entire street.

Second time it happened, me and my two closest cousins, Gav and Dar, were at Dar's mom's house talkin' about weird, supernatural things in 2011. Dar brought up the time he was in the shower home alone, and someone banged on the door. As we were talkin', his mom's lunchbox fell off the dishwasher in the kitchen, and was nowhere near the edge. Again, we were shook.

When P.T. first released, I brought my PS4 to Dar's house to play in front of Gav and Dar. We were all scared while I was playin' it. Dar doesn't really like video games, and he definitely doesn't like things that are scary. Gav likes both, but he didn't want anything to do with P.T. that night. I was the only one excited about Silent Hills out of us, so they wouldn't know anything about anything goin' on with Konami and Kojima or anything about Silent Hill.

Well on January 22nd, 2016, I got a text message from 909-654-4355 that only said "204863." I replied back, it said "204863" again. Immediately, I put it together that 204863 was from Silent Hills, so I told my friends in the group chat [which includes me, Gav, Dar, Chuck and five other people who know no details about the game] and showed them the screenshots. [also, I'm from Pittsburgh and wouldn't know anyone from California that knows my close friends too] I showed my friend Chuck YouTube gameplay of P.T. in December, and he got the same "204863" FROM THE SAME PHONE NUMBER. He didn't realize the significance of the numbers until I told him, then he and I were tryin' to figure out who could be behind it. I texted the number back and it incorrectly quoted the game sayin' "Don't change the channel just yet..."

I called Gav to ask him if he used an app to change his number to prank us, and he denied it. He put it on our dead grandmother that he didn't...and he also got the "204863" text message. He called the number back, and it went straight to voicemail...which is odd, 'cause randomly generated phone numbers usually don't have customizable voicemail. But the voicemail had the sound clip "DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL NOW, WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED" after a bit of radio static. I was officially freaked the f*** out, and now they were too. My friend Chuck put it together that if the phone number was usin' letters, it could be "909-OK-I-HELL" and that didn't help at all. Then Gav got a text that said "Help", I got a text that said "me", and Chuck's text said "please". At this point, I wanted the prank to be over 'cause it went far enough.

I called Dar to ask him if he was the one prankin' us, but I knew it couldn't be him 'cause he drives a truck all day. What I didn't know was that HE ALSO RECEIVED TEXT MESSAGES. Around the same time as the rest of us, he got "204863" and "out" respectively in chronological order. He ignored it at first since he didn't remember any details from the P.T., but I reminded him about the game, and he was creeped out too. I googled the number, and it came up as some doctor's office, but I don't know any doctor's office that would have a sound clip from a scary video game as the voicemail greeting.

At midnight, I received a voicemail from 909-654-4355...it was seventeen seconds of silence. What's odd is that my phone never rang. Also, I was at Dar's house, and a few minutes after my alert went off, his went off too. Same number gave him a voicemail too, no missed call, but his was thirteen seconds. I called Chuck, who was sleep, and he checked his voicemail and he had it too. Gav blocked the number, but he still received a voicemail. None of our phones rang.

So, almost a whole week goes past with no updates or anything, and on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016, I called 909-654-4355 from my work number. The number was disconnected, so I felt a little better that someone just somehow got my number...and the number of my friends and played an elaborate prank. I've been searchin' the internet to see if anyone had any similar experiences with this, but I had no luck, and on GameFAQs, my thread got deleted since "it didn't have anything to do with the game" and the mods didn't want people prank callin' a doctor's office. I pleaded my case and told him he could call the number to see for himself that it's not a real doctor's office, but I remembered the number was disconnected.

I called 909-654-4355 from my cell phone last night, January 28th, 2016, and the number is back in service and goes right to voicemail again. Same sound clip. I posted my story to the Silent Hill page on Facebook for feedback, and it was on Chuck's timeline that I posted it. He posted in the group chat "I almost forgot all about [what happened last Friday] until I seen you post it on Facebook." I decided I wouldn't be in fear/anxiety anymore, so I texted the number back jokingly sayin' "Have I been chosen?" then I got a call from 204-863.

I answered the phone, and it was the same clip as the voicemail greeting of 909-654-4355, but right as it was about to say "DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL NOW..." a girl came over the phone and said "You have five seconds." I was shocked to hear a real voice, especially a girl, so I said "Oh, you're a girl?!" and she hung up. I went back to the group chat to share what just happened, and like clockwork, everyone else got the call too. I was just the only one to answer.

I seriously don't know what's goin' on or how this person got my number AND THE NUMBERS OF THE PEOPLE I SHOWED THE GAME TO, but I'm freaked out. Please, if anything remotely close to this has happened to you, please share.

[I have the Sprint, Chuck has the Verizon, and Gav has the Droid. Dar deleted all of his stuff.]

Last edited by JFKTV on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:24 am.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:44 am

Sounds like a creepypasta lol (one of the images even has the word 'meme' in it, but I don't know what the actual context of it is.)

Also it's probably not a good idea to post images that have (apparently) real numbers in them, for privacy and anti-spam concerns.

JFKTV

Post by JFKTV on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:06 am

All I need is someone to just own up to what seems to be a legendary prank, or for other people to say it happened to them too.

Also, I had to remove the two pics with other numbers on it.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:06 am

I mean if it all really happened, then it's definitely one of the most jesus-tier pranks ever done in modern history. Just the sheer synchronicity of it all. Either that or you're being trolled by someone across the veil, lol. Got any prankster friends that passed away and somehow kept tabs on the whole PT controversy?

JFKTV

Post by JFKTV on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:58 am

Nope. None of my friends ever played any Silent Hill game, and if I hadn't shown them P.T., they wouldn't have known anything about it. The thing is, they aren't takin' the "prank" anywhere as serious as I am 'cause they haven't invested any real time in the atmosphere of Silent Hill. Sure they're creeped out a little, but we all know that whoever it is is doin' it to get to me.

This is definitely the most elaborate and oddest prank I've ever been a victim of...if it really is a prank. It seems like it hasn't to anybody else who's played P.T., so my guess is somehow someone got my number...and my friends' numbers. I don't know.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:56 pm

That would have freaked the shit outta me too.....

Crazy stuff...

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Yeah I'd be hella paranoid if it happened to me, prank or not.

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Post by Rodox_Head on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:16 am

So the number leads to some doctor's office. I wonder who was on the other end of the line.

REVEAL SPOILER
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

JFKTV

Post by JFKTV on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Julian Candy wrote:So the number leads to some doctor's office. I wonder who was on the other end of the line.

REVEAL SPOILER

Yeah, Google says it's a doctor's office, but I seriously doubt they have any patients if they condone pranks like this. Also, a Joseph H Konders came up, but I don't know how reliable that name is.

EDIT: clicked on the spoiler after I initially posted. Bad show. Jolly bad show.

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Post by Neurotic on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Nonsense upon stilts!

JFKTV

Post by JFKTV on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:47 pm

...so on Halloween night at midnight, all of my friends involved with this entire "prank" [and one new person] got another voicemail without the phone ringing that simply said "204863" in a distorted voice. Two odd things about that are 1) I, the person who has put all this shit together, didn't get a voicemail, and 2) ...the number that left the voicemail was +000666000. I've/we've gone months without thinkin' about anything of this nonsense, but for a Halloween themed podcast we recorded three days before Halloween, I brought it up and told the story. I even joked and told two of the people involved that "If anymore shit happens anytime soon, it's one of you two." The only thing with that was that back when it was still first happening, we all got voicemails when we were in the same room with each other.

I'm more so frustrated that I don't know who's responsible for playin' with me now, but I just thought I should update this thread, just to see if anybody else out there has gone thru similar shit.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 pm

It's gotta be somebody you know ......

JFKTV

Post by JFKTV on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Otherworld wrote:It's gotta be somebody you know ......

For everyone to swear on somethin', like their children, our dead grandmother and my friend's dead parents, I've run out of options. They wouldn't lie on somethin' that major to sell a prank, plus no one really cares about Silent Hill/Silent Hills or any of its lore to even keep up with this. Two of my friends are completely unbothered by it, and have ignored everything since February. Even the Halloween shit. I'm just desperately hopin' this has happened to someone else in somewhere in the world.

I'm also buggin' out as to why I didn't receive a voicemail along with everyone else.

Silent Wanderer

Children of the Korn

Post by Silent Wanderer on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:35 am

Hehehe. Well, I'd say the person doing it either adores you or hates you to invest so much time in this. :) (Probably the second) Or maybe you're trolling us; which is still good. :D

What's interesting is, after reading this, I read up a bit on caller spoofing and on the wikipedia page it says: "In 2009, a vindictive Brooklyn wife spoofed the doctor’s office of her husband’s lover in an attempt to trick the other woman into taking medication which would make her miscarry."

Wow...

Make a script and turn it into a live-action movie or sell it to some horror show. Profit. :D

Btw, I also stumbled on these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDO7MkHjSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdziQMl0Z0s

http://soundboardprankcalls.wikia.com/w ... c_articles
http://soundboardprankcalls.wikia.com/w ... k_caller/I

Hahahaha.

Spiritis

Post by Spiritis on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:08 am

JFKTV wrote:[Sorry in advance for the long post, but please read it all. Cliff notes are the pics, but they wouldn't mean as much without the story. Matter fact, The first two paragraphs aren't really necessary, but serve a purpose to the entire narrative.]

Ok, to put things into perspective, some weird, supernatural things have been goin' on since around 2009 or 2010. The first instance was when I was home alone on the computer while Futurama was on the TV. For about one second, my TV muted by itself and my door buzzer rang. Really quick. I was a little weirded out that my TV muted, like actual mute sign on TV durin' the show, but when I went downstairs, nobody was on the porch...or on my entire street.

Second time it happened, me and my two closest cousins, Gav and Dar, were at Dar's mom's house talkin' about weird, supernatural things in 2011. Dar brought up the time he was in the shower home alone, and someone banged on the door. As we were talkin', his mom's lunchbox fell off the dishwasher in the kitchen, and was nowhere near the edge. Again, we were shook.

When P.T. first released, I brought my PS4 to Dar's house to play in front of Gav and Dar. We were all scared while I was playin' it. Dar doesn't really like video games, and he definitely doesn't like things that are scary. Gav likes both, but he didn't want anything to do with P.T. that night. I was the only one excited about Silent Hills out of us, so they wouldn't know anything about anything goin' on with Konami and Kojima or anything about Silent Hill.

Well on January 22nd, 2016, I got a text message from 909-654-4355 that only said "204863." I replied back, it said "204863" again. Immediately, I put it together that 204863 was from Silent Hills, so I told my friends in the group chat [which includes me, Gav, Dar, Chuck and five other people who know no details about the game] and showed them the screenshots. [also, I'm from Pittsburgh and wouldn't know anyone from California that knows my close friends too] I showed my friend Chuck YouTube gameplay of P.T. in December, and he got the same "204863" FROM THE SAME PHONE NUMBER. He didn't realize the significance of the numbers until I told him, then he and I were tryin' to figure out who could be behind it. I texted the number back and it incorrectly quoted the game sayin' "Don't change the channel just yet..."

I called Gav to ask him if he used an app to change his number to prank us, and he denied it. He put it on our dead grandmother that he didn't...and he also got the "204863" text message. He called the number back, and it went straight to voicemail...which is odd, 'cause randomly generated phone numbers usually don't have customizable voicemail. But the voicemail had the sound clip "DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL NOW, WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED" after a bit of radio static. I was officially freaked the f*** out, and now they were too. My friend Chuck put it together that if the phone number was usin' letters, it could be "909-OK-I-HELL" and that didn't help at all. Then Gav got a text that said "Help", I got a text that said "me", and Chuck's text said "please". At this point, I wanted the prank to be over 'cause it went far enough.

I called Dar to ask him if he was the one prankin' us, but I knew it couldn't be him 'cause he drives a truck all day. What I didn't know was that HE ALSO RECEIVED TEXT MESSAGES. Around the same time as the rest of us, he got "204863" and "out" respectively in chronological order. He ignored it at first since he didn't remember any details from the P.T., but I reminded him about the game, and he was creeped out too. I googled the number, and it came up as some doctor's office, but I don't know any doctor's office that would have a sound clip from a scary video game as the voicemail greeting.

At midnight, I received a voicemail from 909-654-4355...it was seventeen seconds of silence. What's odd is that my phone never rang. Also, I was at Dar's house, and a few minutes after my alert went off, his went off too. Same number gave him a voicemail too, no missed call, but his was thirteen seconds. I called Chuck, who was sleep, and he checked his voicemail and he had it too. Gav blocked the number, but he still received a voicemail. None of our phones rang.

So, almost a whole week goes past with no updates or anything, and on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016, I called 909-654-4355 from my work number. The number was disconnected, so I felt a little better that someone just somehow got my number...and the number of my friends and played an elaborate prank. I've been searchin' the internet to see if anyone had any similar experiences with this, but I had no luck, and on GameFAQs, my thread got deleted since "it didn't have anything to do with the game" and the mods didn't want people prank callin' a doctor's office. I pleaded my case and told him he could call the number to see for himself that it's not a real doctor's office, but I remembered the number was disconnected.

I called 909-654-4355 from my cell phone last night, January 28th, 2016, and the number is back in service and goes right to voicemail again. Same sound clip. I posted my story to the Silent Hill page on Facebook for feedback, and it was on Chuck's timeline that I posted it. He posted in the group chat "I almost forgot all about [what happened last Friday] until I seen you post it on Facebook." I decided I wouldn't be in fear/anxiety anymore, so I texted the number back jokingly sayin' "Have I been chosen?" then I got a call from 204-863.

I answered the phone, and it was the same clip as the voicemail greeting of 909-654-4355, but right as it was about to say "DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL NOW..." a girl came over the phone and said "You have five seconds." I was shocked to hear a real voice, especially a girl, so I said "Oh, you're a girl?!" and she hung up. I went back to the group chat to share what just happened, and like clockwork, everyone else got the call too. I was just the only one to answer.

I seriously don't know what's goin' on or how this person got my number AND THE NUMBERS OF THE PEOPLE I SHOWED THE GAME TO, but I'm freaked out. Please, if anything remotely close to this has happened to you, please share.

[I have the Sprint, Chuck has the Verizon, and Gav has the Droid. Dar deleted all of his stuff.]

Seriously? I doubt a demon woukd go out of their way to do this to you. This isnt legendary, and calking it jesus tier is just offensive to our god.

Your friend can ve lyingz you have more than one friend, they couldve easily used a different phone or one of their friends phones, that you dont know, etc and etc..

Cmon man, dont fall for that, silent hill fans are supposed to be intelligent and witty, you're lettin us down.

Spiritis

Post by Spiritis on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:11 am

Whoever It was though, really was determined to scare you. What I don't understand is that they didn't star 69, or 67, you had their number.. I woukdve read his number off to him, said I'm gonna use Google track to find you and I'm handing your number over to the police, so take your 204861 and shove it.

Now, if you started hearing breathing or footsteps, or you see anything like a woman in the window, then yes, you're prime suspect for demon possession and you should run

Or call out to jesus to see a real jesus tier trick, tho I wouldnt call it a trick.

Return to PT/Silent Hills