Page 30 of 31

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:41 pm
by Borg
This is gonna sound weird, but I hope there's not a lot of nudity and gore. Let me explain, you can do this in two ways: make it feel like it's part of the story, like it's really supposed to be there, or you can try to be edgy and just throw a lot of tits and gore.

Despite the subject matter of the games and some of the enemies, the Castlevania series wasn't really that hardcore when it comes to nudity and gore. Sure, you had bosses like Legion (or whatever that giant ball of naked people was called), Dracula is the villain etc., but it was never Berserk when it comes to violence.

I just hope they don't overdo it. It's like when I'm watching newer DC animated movies, like something Batman related and when violence happens it feels...off. I can't really explain it. The characters are gonna have a normal conversation then someone is gonna stab a bunch of people with a broken glass. It feels like they try too hard to be edgy.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:49 pm
by Otherworld
I just hope its not a cheesy vampire show .....lol

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:23 pm
by Tabris
Otherworld wrote:I just hope its not a cheesy vampire show .....lol


I really don't think so. I'm not getting that vibe at all from what I looked into. But who knows.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 am
by ‎‎‎‎
jam6i wrote:I got a letter.
The name on the envelope said ‘Silent Hill.’
My Game's name...
It’s ridiculous, couldn’t possibly be true...
That’s what I keep telling myself...
A dead franchise can’t write a letter.
Silent Hill died because of that damn company five years ago.
So then why am I looking for it?
Our ‘special place’...
What could it mean?
This whole town was our special place.
Does it mean the park on the lake?
We spent the whole day there.
Just the two of us, staring at the water.
Could Silent Hill really be there?
Is it really alive... waiting for me?

Funny and Sad!
Especially this part. > "Silent Hill died because of that damn company five years ago."

Otherworld wrote:Image

There's still hope for...
REVEAL SPOILER
Image


Tabris wrote:
Otherworld wrote:
devil hunter wrote:At least we're getting a Castlevania show on Netflix.
Is this an animated show ?
^^ It's animated and supposed to be hard R.

Whew~ For a moment there, I thought it was going to be another excuse to make a porn show
based on earlier times. (Ex: Game of Thrones, Vikings, Penny Dreadful etc...)

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:15 pm
by Otherworld
^ What hope is there for Contra?

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:11 pm
by ‎‎‎‎
The last 1 was developed by Arc System Works, and got Great Reviews! How you ask?
Because unlike Origin, Homecoming, Shattered Memories, and Downpour, it was Japanese created!

As usual, I got the game, and still haven't played it yet. {Maybe tonight...}

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 am
by Otherworld
Another similarity between RE7 and SH2 ...

Image

Having to relinquish all of your inventory to move on.

Image

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 am
by jam6i
That was the first thing I thought of when I came to that point.

If anyone doesn't know, When Ethan gets to that door and unlocks it, Lucas (who is watching through security cam) tells Ethan he can't be let through until he empties his entire inventory into an item box next to the door. Past the door is a dark series of rooms that contains a puzzle. It's very similar to how James has to navigate the lower hotel floor without a flashlight or weapons/items.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:39 am
by Otherworld
jam6i wrote:That was the first thing I thought of when I came to that point.

If anyone doesn't know, When Ethan gets to that door and unlocks it, Lucas (who is watching through security cam) tells Ethan he can't be let through until he empties his entire inventory into an item box next to the door. Past the door is a dark series of rooms that contains a puzzle. It's very similar to how James has to navigate the lower hotel floor without a flashlight or weapons/items.


Yup.

I do not think it is a stretch at all to compare the two, as far as where the inspiration for a lot of what happens in RE7 coming from SH2. And SH4 for that matter.

Image

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:21 pm
by Borg
‎‎‎‎ wrote:The last 1 was developed by Arc System Works, and got Great Reviews! How you ask?
Because unlike Origin, Homecoming, Shattered Memories, and Downpour, it was Japanese created!


Image

jam6i wrote:If anyone doesn't know, When Ethan gets to that door and unlocks it, Lucas (who is watching through security cam) tells Ethan he can't be let through until he empties his entire inventory into an item box next to the door. Past the door is a dark series of rooms that contains a puzzle. It's very similar to how James has to navigate the lower hotel floor without a flashlight or weapons/items.


Didn't Code Veronica have a part where you have to dump all metal objects into this one box to proceed further?

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:37 pm
by jam6i
It sure did.

I'm sure other games have done this as well.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:29 pm
by ‎‎‎‎
devil hunter wrote:Image
I have that too, haven't finished it yet. (Last time played, Jan.) So many years went by
before I realized what that actually was. (Thanks a lot SQ for changing the title!) If I
didn't decided to pick the case up, and turn it around (while grocery shopping), I would've
never known!

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:44 pm
by C&Tsoftware
Otherworld wrote:
C&Tsoftware wrote:
Otherworld wrote:
C&Tsoftware wrote:When we presented our pitch to Konami in December they turned it down because they want to develop this franchise "in house", but they did praise our work.


Cool. But do you really believe Konami is developing anything as far as a console game is concerned when it comes to Silent Hill?

Well, I guess they are developing Metal Gear Survive, so its possible.


They are using preexisting assets for that Metal Gear. There are no next gen assets for Silent Hill.

You'd be surprised what one can do with old models. Downpour is a great example. Unreal Engine content can be transferred between versions of the engine and as shown by fan developers on youtube they can be ripped and reused.

Konami could reuse Downpour assets for a next gen game if they really wanted to.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 pm
by Otherworld
C&Tsoftware wrote:
Otherworld wrote:
C&Tsoftware wrote:
Otherworld wrote:
C&Tsoftware wrote:When we presented our pitch to Konami in December they turned it down because they want to develop this franchise "in house", but they did praise our work.


Cool. But do you really believe Konami is developing anything as far as a console game is concerned when it comes to Silent Hill?

Well, I guess they are developing Metal Gear Survive, so its possible.


They are using preexisting assets for that Metal Gear. There are no next gen assets for Silent Hill.

You'd be surprised what one can do with old models. Downpour is a great example. Unreal Engine content can be transferred between versions of the engine and as shown by fan developers on youtube they can be ripped and reused.

Konami could reuse Downpour assets for a next gen game if they really wanted to.


After what Kojima did with PT. Last gen assets probably won't cut it anymore.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:47 am
by Oohfakanorus
https://youtu.be/1TJXiBLl4_U

Top Ten Konami fails. 7,4 and number 1 in a way is relevant to this forum.
But fuck the video makers for talking shit about Downpour!

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:17 pm
by Otherworld
Konami is the worst

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 am
by Tabris
I loved that video. Fucking Konami seriously.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:52 pm
by jam6i
E3 is just a few short months away, people.

I personally can't wait to see all the Konami trailers that don't exist for games that will never come.

(Capcom is finally on the right track with RE though so I hope there's tons of RE news).

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:36 am
by Tabris
Konami will probably see the success of RE7 and use the inspiration to turn Silent Hill into an MMO racing adventure game sponsored by Burger King that's $30 a month to play.

Re: Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:16 am
by Otherworld
PES 2018 is all we'll see ....

Image