Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

jam6i

Konami will "continue to develop SH series" but SHs canceled

Post by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Silent Hills was a planned survival horror video game under development for PlayStation 4. Directed by Hideo Kojima and his studio Kojima Productions in collaboration with film director Guillermo del Toro, it was to be the ninth installment in the Silent Hill series.

Such a depressing wikipedia entry.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Lol, I find their wording (Konami's) funny, using the word "expired" when talking about Reedus makes me think of him like some kind of product that was available for limited time, their Reedus free 30-day trial has expired!, and they seem too lazy to pay the license, maybe they should search his serial-crack? Bloody hell.

Rhysan

Post by Rhysan on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:02 pm

I have no idea if this is a big deal (I know next to nothing about Stocks) but this just happened:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/850389 ... k-exchange

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

@Otherworld, well, I agree that the idea of P.T. was original.

Next Fear wrote:For those putting forward the idea that Reedus' involvement was solely to bring in Walking Dead fans, I think it's more likely that Kojima had seen his starring role in John Carpenter's excellent Cigarette Burns, where he stumbles through an increasingly nightmarish and surreal quest. I know it's the reason I got interested upon seeing his involvement in this... not Walking Dead.

I'd hire Carpenter if that was the case, he made that :lol:

Actually, I'd hire whoever made this because just wtf:

Vestige wrote:Lol, I find their wording (Konami's) funny, using the word "expired" when talking about Reedus makes me think of him like some kind of product that was available for limited time, their Reedus free 30-day trial has expired!, and they seem too lazy to pay the license, maybe they should search his serial-crack? Bloody hell.

LMAO :lol:

@Rhysan I guess they're really in money trouble :P

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Meh...I just don't care anymore...just find a decent developer that can take advantage of the fox engine, and give us some interesting characters and a good storyline and be done with it.

As far as the game being a big budget? Of course it would have been...I was actually fond of them just creating a fictional person from scratch rather than using a celebrity. They can still save by using the fox engine which is still an inside house engine. But I still feel Konami tries really hard to screws things up when it comes to silent hill.

It's almost as if when somebody tries to improve something, Konami does thee exact OPPOSITE.....this company is a joke...yeah they will continue to make SH games, but will they take advantage of that powerful engine that they have in the fox engine or will they find a much cheaper running engine and hire college kids in their 1st year of programming school to do the project?....:coffee:
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Wouldn't be surprising from Konami that if the game will be released it might end up with a weaker engine.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Princess Kenny wrote:Image

Pretty much! The post linked in the other thread has been updated today, if somebody didn't see it yet:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms

We were speculating that all might be decided because of E3, but the contract ending date obligated Konami to decide:
"Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic 'Silent Hills' project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued,"

For keeping the project alive, to extend the contracts would be necessary. But the good side, if possible, is the fact they hold on until the death line. It seams they have real interest in series. However, I hope is not like MGS - they want to do, since don't have to deal with Kojima, spending time and money. After all, MGS and SH are quite easy games to make, right? What's the big deal?

ZBrush

Are you sure the only you is you?

Post by ZBrush on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:34 pm

What the hell is going on ?!!!

Going Dark: Konami Announces Voluntary Delisting of its American Shares From the New York Stock Exchange

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/04/27/ ... -exchange/
E3 1998: the world was introduced to Silent Hill.
Gamescom 2014: the world was re-introduced to Silent Hill.
27 April 2015: Silent Hills was hidden by Konami.

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:38 pm

It feels like an over the top joke made by me that's come to life.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Konami is imploding. Their public appearance has been destroyed. It's really bad.

And on their twitter account, they are posting things about PES, as though anyone gives a shit about that now.

Fortunately, if they are going out of business, other companies can bid on their IPs as is typical in these types of situations. It'll be a bidding war on both MG and SH (and Castlevania). I doubt there will be much care for PES though.

Konami, just sell SH. It's clear you don't care anymore. Just sell it.

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:09 pm

devil hunter wrote:It feels like an over the top joke made by me that's come to life.

Lol, totally, and one thing's for sure, Konami are the masters of horror... this should be considered the next installment of the series just as it is, for the wiki:

Silent Hills

Silent Hills is a survival-marketing horror game, the Nth installment in the series, created by Konami, Hideo Kojima, Guillermo del Toro and Konami's PR department, distributed freely for everyone. A demo of it was temporarily available on the PS4 online store, but the game itself was released for free and didn't require any console.

Game Mechanics

The game consisted in creating a lot of hype about a game, first, by releasing an amazing demo for it, then letting everyone know that there was an Ace grade team behind it, including Hideo Kojima, award winning film director Guillermo del Toro, and casting celebrity actor Norman Reedus as the main protagonist.

After the initial setting of the game is in place, players were made to check all kinds of videogame media over a period of time, news, tweets, whatever information released by Konami and co.

The horror begins when the leader of the project Hideo Kojima disappears, rumours start to arise about the possible cancellation of the game...

Rhysan

Post by Rhysan on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:52 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote: Sick of the stupid bullshit associated with it, sick of the Kojima fanboys, sick of the hype, sick of us having no info about the game, etc.
All of this.
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Rhysan wrote:

WOW!

I know nothing is confirmed here...... But still..... Wow.....

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:25 pm

^I will take Super Bunnyhop's words over literally any other "journalism" site. George (the guy behind Super Bunnyhop) is a fantastic games journalist. I found his channel a few weeks ago totally randomly and was awestruck at the quality of the content of his discussions.

So yea..."hundreds of people are going to lose their jobs" is a pretty damning sentence from an inside source. It sounds like Konami *could be* in the process of completely shutting down their digital entertainment sector, or at least grinding it down to the bare minimum.

Things do not look good for Konami's digital sector. They are in possibly worse shape than was thought.

*Edit*

Here's the transcript of the email the inside source gave Super Bunnyhop

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Sony, for the love of God...... Please purchase both the Silent Hill and Metal Gear ips from Konami....

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm

jam6i wrote:^I will take Super Bunnyhop's words over literally any other "journalism" site. George (the guy behind Super Bunnyhop) is a fantastic games journalist. I found his channel a few weeks ago totally randomly and was awestruck at the quality of the content of his discussions.

Same. I ran into his videos by accident while browsing youtube late one night. He has much more journalistic integrity than many people. I mean, if most people had gotten than email they wouldn't even point out it was unconfirmed rumors, they'd give it all a sensational clickbait-type headline.

But anyway, interesting video.
ImageImageImage

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Oh, and while you are at it Sony.... Purchase the Fox Engine as well...

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:34 pm

I think that table showing the change of source of profits is the start point for everything. Konami will be restructured, so will need to fire a lot of employees in favor of the new ones will coming in. Probably the size of the company will decrease, it's usual, to make the same with less. As a theory, is not an absurd, they must think about the money, the main purpose for a company being created. The problem is in the execution of the plan. They are creating problems with the main purpose of a company to exists: the customer. There is a risk of the medication being worst than the disease!

My guess: if the internal mood is as described in the video, Konami is doomed and a decade is lost. Remember Atari? Even bankrupt is a possibility right now.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Welp, guess the game really is dead, but I don't care too much since literally nothing was ever revealed about it anyway. I doubt they were that far into it to even hit a 2016 release date, unless it would've been Q4 '16 or something. Looks like we'll have to wait even longer for a new SH game now.

As for that video, interesting stuff indeed. Kagemasa must've gone senile or just batshit insane. Won't be long before Konami ends up annihilating themselves.

PreviousNext

Return to PT/Silent Hills