Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

anaridauthor

Still searching in P.T.

Post by anaridauthor on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:24 pm

So the flashlights do absolutely nothing?

After all the speculations of the code (20-48-63) is there a true answer? (I only ask because I don't believe it is the name 'Jarith,' it quite possibly could be Kojima's birthday, and I don't think it has anything to do with the second baby laugh.)

* I tested the rumor that Lisa will kill you on the stairs during the 51st loop. This is accurate on both before the Red Room puzzle and after(Part 2: Haunting Hour and Flashlights.) When you are attacked though and you choose to walk backwards down the stairs, you are then facing the door on the ground. You can then move upward, looking to the door and instead you will fly through it. After showing you an arial view of the behind the door. Then you teleport somewhere and all you see is a bright light at the top of your screen that you can get to.
Is this a glitch? Does this have relevance? Just a different loop scenario?

Outside of one window(across from one of the bathrooms) in the Red Room puzzle is a cityscape, I would like to believe, with a building that seems to a strange 9/arrow like symbol in bright white. I'm assuming this is nothing, but still interested my curiosity.

I know that I am probably reading way to much into this teaser, but I can't but feel like there is still an Easter Egg or something still in it. Thanks.

*I haven't seen any talk or videos of this and I've managed to do it several times with accuracy. If you complete the baby laughs and then do it, when you fly through the door, it will just play the trailer.

Silenthill4life

Still searching in P.T.

Post by Silenthill4life on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:19 pm

I've never heard about what you've encountered and certainly haven't experienced anything like it during my playthrough of PT.

Hopefully someone can validate what you've posted.

jam6i

Still searching in P.T.

Post by jam6i on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:35 am

Apparently there is a glitch that can happen in the 51st loop. In normal gameplay, if you decide to not attempt to solve the baby laughs puzzle and just YOLO it the hell out of there and through the door, you will loop 50 times and on the 51st loop Lisa is scripted to stop you by attacking you on the stairs.

If you descend the stairs backwards, you're screwing with the game's scripted Lisa attack (since it depends on you not looking back) and this can cause the game to glitch out.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. I haven't had chance to test that out.

All that other stuff about a cityscape? You'll need some proof to back up claims like that, I've not heard anything aboot cityscapes, eh?
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Silenthill4life

Still searching in P.T.

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:44 pm

jam6i wrote:Apparently there is a glitch that can happen in the 51st loop. In normal gameplay, if you decide to not attempt to solve the baby laughs puzzle and just YOLO it the hell out of there and through the door, you will loop 50 times and on the 51st loop Lisa is scripted to stop you by attacking you on the stairs.

If you descend the stairs backwards, you're screwing with the game's scripted Lisa attack (since it depends on you not looking back) and this can cause the game to glitch out.

All that other stuff about a cityscape? You'll need some proof to back up claims like that, I've not heard anything aboot cityscapes, eh?

How did people specifically determine it had to be the 51st loop?
It would require a lot of patience and spare time

anaridauthor

Still searching in P.T.

Post by anaridauthor on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Silenthill4life wrote:
jam6i wrote:Apparently there is a glitch that can happen in the 51st loop. In normal gameplay, if you decide to not attempt to solve the baby laughs puzzle and just YOLO it the hell out of there and through the door, you will loop 50 times and on the 51st loop Lisa is scripted to stop you by attacking you on the stairs.

How did people specifically determine it had to be the 51st loop?
It would require a lot of patience and spare time

Well, my brother and I have been tossing ideas about the game and he showed me a youtube video of someone dying on the 51st loop, so I tested it. True. (Maybe Area: 51 reference?)(Although, I have had her kill me on Loop#35 in the hell puzzle[maybe I miss counted by a lot])
I think it is a glitch and the light I am seeing is just the Parlor light from behind the door. (Since if you walk backwards towards the door and then just flip around before restarting the puzzle, the parlor light will be on until you hit the door again.)
I have made a video to try and show this glitch:

I hope this helps explain what I tried to with words and failed. I will try and get a screenshot of what I think is a cityscape outside the window shortly.

Also, I noticed when watching the trailer for P.T. on the official site that whenever the character turned the corner down the hallway, although probablly just a scene for the trailer, there is some writing on the wall that you face, with the windows. Has this any relevance?

Silenthill4life

Still searching in P.T.

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:02 pm

I see what you meant by the bright light now. That's pretty interesting.

Maybe it's just a glitched out version of the ceiling lights?
Last edited by Silenthill4life on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 am.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Still searching in P.T.

Post by Otherworld on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:55 pm

I am really interested in seeing the cityscape outside the window.

LXMETALC

Still figuring it all out...

Still searching in P.T.

Post by LXMETALC on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Forgive me for bumping an old post, but at this point aren't they all? I went back a few pages to find a relevant theories thread and this was the first to come up.

Anyway...

I was poking around in the PT models earlier and discovered something that some people might want to speculate about: The original cabinet/bench/drawers - whatever you call this model that is used twice in the hallway was built with the doors as separate models. As if it may've been meant to open out at some point.

Or not. How are you all doing?
Tomm Hulett wrote:It’s like I feed off the hate.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Still searching in P.T.

Post by Otherworld on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:46 am

Well thank you.

It's a possibility that those drawer doors could have opened. But I doubt we would have seen an update to the teaser like the RE7 demo.

LXMETALC

Still figuring it all out...

Still searching in P.T.

Post by LXMETALC on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 am

Correction: Only the cabinet that has the phone could've opened. The cabinet with the radio, does not. That lends some weight to my speculation.
Tomm Hulett wrote:It’s like I feed off the hate.

Return to PT/Silent Hills