Discussion of PT and the canceled Silent Hills game.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

SILENT HILLS - HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Post by Naroon on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:27 am

People have described Oculus and Morpheus experiences pretty well, actually lol. I'm not necessarily against VR, but I'm also not really excited about it and don't think it needs to be considered for every game out there. I've seen games get downgraded on PS3 back when the whole 3DTV fad was going on (remember that? now you don't ever hear anyone saying 'oh hey our game has 3D!' anymore.) even when 3D mode wasn't enabled.

Plus by virtue, VR is pretty much always first-person, so that would imply that either the game would have a toggle between FPV/TPV or would be all FPV. They haven't even decided which they will go with yet, so I think it's too early to be worrying about VR. The only way it could be done properly is if they pretty much build the game around using VR from the get-go.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 am

I know. I could probably describe my experience with my one time with Oculus in an effective enough way...thing is, most descriptions of the current VR experiences are almost always best summed up as "dude, you've seriously just gotta check this sh*t out."

And that's what I say. Haven't experienced a vr headset? Dude, you need to check that sh*t out.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:02 am

My favorite reaction was when Conan played some street luge game with Morpheus. He looked like he was having an acid trip, lol.

Pyramid_Heart

Post by Pyramid_Heart on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Shit gives me a headache. I'll stick with my 240hz 60" HDTV nailed to the wall.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 am

^ This is also a problem. jam6i eluded to it earlier. For one reason or another some people will not enjoy, or will not be able to enjoy a VR experience. That's why is just smarter to stay away.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm not big on the VR headsets either....who's to say that years down the line these devices don't cause some form of cancer? I'm sure that there is some type of radiation being given off even if it is on a small level. Some women who chose to have kept there cellphones attached to their bra strap have shown to develop breast cancer in some scenarios.

Of course cellphones might have a bit more going on than these headsets, (apps, a whole host of functions etc) but the fact remains that these headsets are executing a ton of functions and emitting radiation on a small level. I'm sure the experience is unique, but i'll stick to traditional gaming and lastly like a few have mentioned already, these types of devices are fads that are hot for a minute and forgotten about in 6 months.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:33 am

On top of all of that ^ I just feel like the game would suffer because of the over emphasis of it being made for Morpheus and because of it other aspects of the game would suffer.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 am

Otherworld wrote:On top of all of that ^ I just feel like the game would suffer because of the over emphasis of it being made for Morpheus and because of it other aspects of the game would suffer.

Yeah..it's like trying to make games for move and kinect....trying to make games that force the player to use the wand or movements using body parts. I'm not sure where MS or Sony thoughts are on the whole Move/Kinetic genre, but i'm sure that they must be trying to back away from it.

The Wii was the only reason they created those gimmicky devices. I remember some of the ps3's early games tried to make use of that sixaxis motion tech....i really wasn't a fan of that either..i think one of the uncharted (the first one) games tried to use it, and for their next game they completely got rid of any gaming mechanic that would have used it.

SH's would just fare much better as a traditional stand alone title, because if it became a product of Morpheus, then there would be gimmicky game mechanics that would be forced upon it.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:23 am

^ Agreed, and then the fact that it is a "Morpheus" game will trump the everything else and because of that the finer details of the game may suffer.

Panko1

I'm watching you. Who's watching me?

Post by Panko1 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:07 am

Someone have just found a new cover for this thread.
Whitney on Aug 18 @ Twitter.com wrote:Every time I say #SilentHills, this dumb CD cover art I saw on Yahoo! Japan Auctions years ago comes to mind.

Deadalux

Post by Deadalux on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Panko1 wrote:Someone have just found a new cover for this thread.
Whitney on Aug 18 @ Twitter.com wrote:Every time I say #SilentHills, this dumb CD cover art I saw on Yahoo! Japan Auctions years ago comes to mind.

^^ This is awesome ^^

Silent Hills. What it is.
***Keep in mind whats important, even if it doesn't come true, at least you became someone who would fight for what they believe in! Much love to you all, everybody***

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:51 am

That needs to be the official box art for the game.

TomRL

Post by TomRL on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:26 am

Can someone upload the ambience and/or the parts with the shepards tone in? Love the sound design in P.T. but I'll be damned if I'm going to extract the music from the game myself(Because too scawy).

Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Post by Vengur on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:19 am

TomRL wrote:Can someone upload the ambience and/or the parts with the shepards tone in? Love the sound design in P.T. but I'll be damned if I'm going to extract the music from the game myself(Because too scawy).

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there are more of these on YouTube. You could try searching there on your own.
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

Lain

Post by Lain on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 am

Well this tweet is a bit curious.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/685749716986888193

Even if the new KojiPro's first game isn't a Silent Hills spiritual successor, I have no doubt that Kojima still intends to collaborate with Del Toro in the future to bring their ideas to life.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:35 pm

I thought we were supposed to get some sort of an idea early this year as to what he was working on.

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 pm

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/804672347185750017

Is this the first time either have directly commented on it?

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:30 pm

I am pretty sure Del Toro has done this in the past.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:10 am

In the past he's verbally attacked Konami without calling them out by name.

But I think his recent tweets are the first instances where he's called Konami out by name and been very aggressive about the criticism. Maybe since Kojima and everyone he needs is free, there's no reason to be walking on eggshells .

In fact Konami seems to be fucking done, reputation wise. Keighley straight up called them out at the show and the audience booed them.

I don't see a path Konami could take to get back on the good side of gaming. And they probably don't even want to.

Sorry. Correction:

And they don't want to.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:00 am

jam6i wrote:In fact Konami seems to be fucking done, reputation wise. Keighley straight up called them out at the show and the audience booed them.

That sounds beautiful *sniff*.

Oh and they did claim they wanted back on our good side. They wanted to win back our 'trust'.

Then they came up with Metal Gear Survive. The amount of dislikes and vitriol in the comments says enough about how people feel about that hah.

PreviousNext

Return to PT/Silent Hills