Pazuzu

Member

Posts: 184

Joined: Jul 13, 2013

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Pazuzu on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Very cool to see some new material from the original game all these years later. Makes me wonder what purpose these creatures originally served and the symbolism they had before being scrapped. Seems the OST creature's design was slightly recycled in SH3 as the Numb Body.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8734

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 pm

roocker666 wrote:
Xuchilbara wrote:They look like dolphin mantaray things.


Manta ray with shark head, it is not that creepy in my opinion

No it's not. They look like they want fish. :lol:
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6701

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Otherworld on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 am

This is fantastic!

Really cool.

Great find. I hope to see more.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Sparagas

Member

User avatar

Posts: 102

Joined: Feb 17, 2014

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Sparagas on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:12 pm

HOLY MOLY!
This is CRAZY!
First there was silence, and now we suddenly have so much new info!
After so many years we have new unseen footage.

It looks like enemies are everything what little girl would be afraid like snakes and frogs. This would enforce that all enemies are created from Alessa's fear.

Bit I think they were removed, because developers realized, that enemies are too common and cliche. How many games exist with snake as an enemy?

And with making more obscure enemies they created unknown mysteries, for what Silent Hill is known for.
Let's make SILENT HILL just PLAIN SCREAM
 
 
 
 
 

Tabris

Member

User avatar

Posts: 403

Joined: Aug 05, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Tabris on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Holy shit, I'm legit impressed. Cool as hell!

The moths are super pretty. Kinda wish they used them.

Seeing new monsters after all this time is crazy fucking cool. Well done~
 
 
 
 
 
 

roocker666

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by roocker666 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Pazuzu wrote:Very cool to see some new material from the original game all these years later. Makes me wonder what purpose these creatures originally served and the symbolism they had before being scrapped. Seems the OST creature's design was slightly recycled in SH3 as the Numb Body.


I don't know, maybe they created many for test. I like MKY and OST, very creepy creatures.
 
 
 
 
 
 

roocker666

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by roocker666 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Tabris wrote:Holy shit, I'm legit impressed. Cool as hell!

The moths are super pretty. Kinda wish they used them.

Seeing new monsters after all this time is crazy fucking cool. Well done~


Thanks!, Some people found those files but no one knew what they were. Obviously models but models about what? So I started working on them and finally we have an answer :twisted:
 
 
 
 
 
 

Johnny_Doe

Member

Posts: 72

Joined: Oct 17, 2012

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm speechless :shock:
 
 
 
 
 
 

PaulSilentin

Member

User avatar

Posts: 154

Joined: May 01, 2014

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by PaulSilentin on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:30 pm

roocker666 wrote:Well, is not hard to do, just follow the tutorial of PaulSilentin here in the forum: http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3335&t=436503. He did it with Harry, I did the same but with enemies. And yes!, they have animations, you can see all their parts moving but they fallow you like the cockroaches and die with 2 shots. They have no sound, you hear the cockroaches sounds, Maybe they have sound but I don't know where is located.
Hi. Can you provide more technical details about your experience with replacing models? Did you made it with different method? I had zero amount of success imports with functional skeletons/animations.
 
 
 
 
 

roocker666

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by roocker666 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:26 am

Here is the first monster "FRG", it does has glitches, is invisible but you can see it when it attacks or you shoot it


 
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8734

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Xuchilbara on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 am

I can't wait to see more!

Congrats buddy! You made it on Kotaku.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

Sparagas

Member

User avatar

Posts: 102

Joined: Feb 17, 2014

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Sparagas on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:06 am

Xuchilbara wrote:I can't wait to see more!

Congrats buddy! You made it on Kotaku.

Link?
Let's make SILENT HILL just PLAIN SCREAM
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8734

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Xuchilbara on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 am

Sparagas wrote:
Xuchilbara wrote:I can't wait to see more!

Congrats buddy! You made it on Kotaku.

Link?

Here yah go:
https://kotaku.com/modder-finds-unused- ... 560295/amp

:)
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

Brock666

Posts: 1

Joined: Sep 20, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Brock666 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:53 am

Maybe there are other unused monsters in files alpha and beta or demo versions sh1?
 
 
 
 
 
 

roocker666

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by roocker666 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Here is MKY video:

 
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6701

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm

This just gets better and better. Thank you!
Image
 
 
 
 
 

roocker666

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by roocker666 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Xuchilbara wrote:I can't wait to see more!

Congrats buddy! You made it on Kotaku.


Thanks!, that is really cool!
 
 
 
 
 
 

roocker666

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Aug 19, 2017

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by roocker666 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm

PaulSilentin wrote:
roocker666 wrote:Well, is not hard to do, just follow the tutorial of PaulSilentin here in the forum: http://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3335&t=436503. He did it with Harry, I did the same but with enemies. And yes!, they have animations, you can see all their parts moving but they fallow you like the cockroaches and die with 2 shots. They have no sound, you hear the cockroaches sounds, Maybe they have sound but I don't know where is located.
Hi. Can you provide more technical details about your experience with replacing models? Did you made it with different method? I had zero amount of success imports with functional skeletons/animations.


Hello, I did the same method as you, replacing .ILM, .TIM and .ANM
 
 
 
 
 
 

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

User avatar

Posts: 6849

Joined: Jan 18, 2006

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Awesome! I made a couple of posts on it, updating the AH one when you add new info here:

http://alchemillahospital.net/unused-mo ... nt-hill-1/
http://theyurei.com/index/index.php/201 ... -hill-ps1/
ImageImageImage
 
 
 
 
 

PinentidHead

Member

User avatar

An old Silent Hill fan old

Posts: 1965

Joined: Oct 03, 2011

Location: Brazil

Silent hill 1 unused monsters NOW YOU CAN SEE HOW THEY LOOK!

Post by PinentidHead on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Great material in this thread! Amazing to find something like this after so many years, usually we are happy to find some draw in a wall that nobody seen before!

Will be interesting to develop those monsters in an alternative remake of the game!
 
 
 
 
PreviousNext


Return to Silent Hill1 Modding



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron