Sparagas

Croudfunding model viewer

Post by Sparagas on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 am

Hello,

after no info on Silent Hill model viewer so long time, I think we can agree that all hard work put into it is lost forever, because author doesn't want to share his work with public.

I was thinking about one thing lately...

Maybe we could rise some money on crowdfunding sites, like KickStarter, and make competition, where anyone can enter and make model viewer. We would make rules, that it would be open source and public from the get go. And the winner (makes app fastest, or the most complete) wins the money?

What do you think guys? We have almost no moding progress for the first Silent Hill game, so maybe some money will attract talented programmers.
Let's make SILENT HILL just PLAIN SCREAM

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

My initial thoughts:

1. not enough interest in a game that's 18 years old. I don't think a whole lot of people care about the models, since people complain so much about them and the graphics as it is, so I'd be concerned no one would donate.

2. Ethical concerns about crowdsourcing, which amounts to expecting a lot of programmers to work for free, in hopes that one of them might get paid. I'd imagine many programmers (especially good programmers) would rather spend their times on jobs that guarantee pay.
ImageImageImage

Alessa'sRevenge

Tears of darkness

Post by Alessa'sRevenge on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:31 pm

I'd really like for this to happen but nobody else has been able to crack the formats used by the game. I'm still holding out that CharlesM will return one day and post some progress or at least a functioning beta. Silent Hill will always be my favourite in the series and it's assets are fantastic imho.

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Same here. Giromancy was working his ass off trying to recreate everything piece by piece from scratch while this tool would be able to rip the whole environment faster. I would love to see a proper remake of SH or make one myself but doing everything alone is frustrating.

Return to Silent Hill1 Modding